1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epocx, Jul 19, 2015.

1. victor86

victor86 Racer

Since Kunos is a small team, I would have preferred them spending precious resources on the next laser scanned content instead of this. People have complained about too few tracks, well there we have it and with console version coming, I think this is just the beginning.

2. LHMGTR

LHMGTR Racer

"Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with officially licensed tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy POSSIBLE in reproducing real world motor racing environments." Source: http://www.assettocorsa.net/laser-scanned-tracks/

Given the highest level of accuracy (from that statement I understand it would be Laser Scanning) was NOT POSSIBLE, its completely fair to ask the reasons why, if that's what is being advertised.
    And being free just means the players paid for it indirectly (selling more copies than expected, maybe). If the content was licensed for free and they worked for free to develop it, I would be surprised.

It might be the pressure or stress from being so close to the release date, but I didn't expect the situation would be handled the way it was, and sarcasm wasn't exactly the way I would describe it... Anyway, Stephano said he was sorry and all, so it's ok.

But whatever, what happened isn't enough to make me dislike the game. I will still support it in any way I can.

Leemstradamus, snyperal, TCLF and 4 others like this.
  3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

C'mon lads n' guys take it easy,

reminds me of pets that are begging for food and if they get offered some (lets say standard market food) some pets throws it away and dislike it just because they were to much spoiled in the past. Maybe we all need some days of healthy starving to remember what matters.

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's obvious there was a difficult commercial decision to be made, the devs can't talk about it on an open forum, that's fine. Stefano mentions Marco so I'd imagine something happened licence wise, maybe well into the development so they didn't want to waste the time they'd already thrown at it. That's reading between the lines...

I just feel it could have been announced up front and avoided this **** storm, I don't think it's entitlement so much as miss communication. Of course it will be compared to the iRacing version, but then Kunos can do that as well ;)

Boris Lozac likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

For me, personally, it’s alright that the track is not laserscanned. Would be cool if it was but like someone else said: some people seem to think that it will be a ridiculous mess just because it lacks some final % of accuracy. I’m sure it will be great and I will love to race that track :)

@Lord Kunos: thanks for your replies. Please chime in sooner next time to avoid this mess ;-) Care to explain what data/methods you were using to make it accurate?

BTW: I WOULD have paid for the laserscanned version, too. 15 € max.
    I hope you calm down and get back to actual work, soon :p

Cheers
    Chris

6. Misquoting Ron Dennis "I consider AC a family, and families live in forums. And forums always have forums idiots."
    Would have been great a LS track, but I don't own the company, I just bought AC like I buy a TV or even a sandwich (obviously for me means a lot more). Is their decision.
    When bought the game and read the feature list, for me was enough, now this is far away that list, like a gift, so I have a lot of respect for KS, I see good people, passionate people, answering all our questions when they don't have to do it, because we read the list, we approved it and bought the TV. The thing I consider important is bug fixing the features, that is KS responsibility with all of us.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

wow get a grip, dont care about us? oh thats why they are working 70hr weeks and through the weekend to bring us a free update with new features, including those just requested on a whim during an interactive live stream with the head of the damn studio who you can see is completely shattered from working so hard

can you really blame him for his responses after all the childish posts about consolisation, entitled whining kids feeling cheated etc?

they really did just give humanity the benefit of the doubt to not lose their minds over some free content but were clearly wrong to do so, in future i wouldnt blame them to never give anything away for free after the childish responses in this thread

no better than EA... just wow, plain insulting to the guy who is working his nuts off on the game that you will inevitably enjoy many many more hours on

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Wowh! 20 pages of - of what, essentially? Of anger about getting a much-demanded track - for free? Well then... LOL

[chorus: sky is falling, sky is falling, sky is fa-ha-ha-lling]

C'mon guys, push it further beyond the limits, this must not already be the end of the ladder!

[chorus: sky is falling, sky is falling, sky is fa-ha-ha-lling]

tommi karsikas likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im really looking forward to Nissan in the upcoming DLC, I just hope it doesnt drive like a golf cart. But who cares, its free content and i can just delete it if i dont like it.

I cant wait to buy AC2!
    Im out.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. This "free" thing is just BS.

If you still haven't learned that there are no free lunch in life its better to start learning.

mrk1001, Erwin, speedbee and 2 others like this.
  11. Yeah, the fictional ones sure... But hand-made real tracks are always inaccurate, and even if you get the width, length and corner radius right, the cambers and dips (and even the elevation changes) are always wrong.

Maybe little Johnny won't give two ****s about that, but people who have driven the track IRL or on iRacing for example might not like it so much. Of course that's probably a fairly tiny slice of people.

The real issue here is that it opens the way for more "corner-cutting", whether it's free or not I don't care. I'd rather pay than getting something free I won't care for, personally. And it's not like it would be that expensive anyway, the Nords was like 15$ after all, and it had more cars. I'm just worried about it becoming a trend, that's all. I'd rather know I'm driving a track that is 99.9% accurate even if I'd never been there IRL or on another sim before, than drive some approximation. Heck, it better be some damn good approximation for it to feel genuine anyway.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

All I know in this case is that Zandvoort was not on the list when they did 1.0, and that I now get it without a price raise for AC or DLC1, and that I get it without needing to give myself.

13. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Can't wait for Bonus pack so I can get surprised again how KS can improve best sim even more like with last big update I was shocked how can they improve something that good in terms of feel :) also then I will not read this forum every day for info...that turns out to be complaining again and again and again.Gotta try to stay away from chat section here its awful. I dont care if Zandvoort is scaned or not as long as its good (non of mod tracks are scanned and there are some EPiC ones)...I would rather have not scanned Zandvoort then 5 scanned tracks I dont like:) I think people have to understand sim will never be like real thing just enjoy this great game pips!

14. Mario Kart was pretty good. But you know...

15. Berry

Berry Alien

I have to say I'm quite surprised how many self-intitled spoiled brats AC has attracted.I agree with @djtopa, the best way to enjoy this game is to completely stay away from the forums, which is infested with negative people, I would have never thought this game could attract his much negativity, sure, there's ups and downs, but imho the team never let us down, their sheer excitement for the game always kept me interested, they always provided some sort of improvements to the game when it was requested, and they continue to do so, yet people are still so immensely dissapointed.I've seen political forums that were less contradictory than this one, with that being said, I'm out, have fun and enjoy the game! :)

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Very disappointing. :(

IMO if Kunos can't laserscan a track, they shouldn't release it at all. Laser-scanning is (along with realistic physics) one of their key selling points. They shouldn't release Zandvoort at all, just release the bonus cars. I wouldn't be disappointed, I'm more disappointed if there is going to appear more non-laser-scanned Kunos tracks, than this single one.

Talented modders can achieve similar results (only thing they really can't do is laser scanning), Kunos should focus on other stuff then. Like multiplayer functionality, et cetera. Having no new tracks at all is better than having non-laser-scanned tracks.

Andrew_WOT and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. Yeah and I wanted to give money for them so they didn't had to lower their standards what comes to tracks.

The good thing with AC has been that since you upgrade your hardware you have some great benefits. Because almost everything what goes to driving have done exceptionally good. Brakes feels really good with proper pedals, tracks feels great with proper wheel or motion setup, triple screens are just perfect with the setup app, etc...

18. McStinger

McStinger Racer

Sry guys, but most of your "pro`s" (free stuff etc pp) misses the mark from my point of view

- AC has a huge fan community cause AC has (next to superb FFB/physics) one unique features or so called "uniquie selling point" (USP)
    - this one is called "laserscanned tracks"
    - everyone, listen: EVERYONE with some sim-racing experience, who ever raced a laserscanned track like e.g. AC NOS and shortly after a MOD of NOS (like e.g. NOS in Pcars) knows exactly why!!
    - the differences are BIG in rise/slopes as well as in curve radius, bumps a/o track limits and so on, and so on...
    - which means at least a MOD is (far) away from what you try to reach as a SIM (sim = as close to reality as possible (and, to all with such stupid arguements at this point, like "you dont sit in a car, your wheel isnt in a car, no G-Forces etc", THIS are points, you CANT realize in a computer based sim-racing game, BUT YOU CAN DO LASERSCANNT TRACKS nowadays!

To WEAKEN this USP of AC by doing an ORIGINAL AC-track (Zandvort) as a MOD is not a good decision by Kunos from my point of view! Neither with a view to the business modell of AC, nor with a view to the AC-community, which main concern is to see AC tapping its great full potential AC offers.

And, from my modest point of view, it doesnt change anything, if this "weakening" gift is for free.

See u on track! :cool:

mrk1001, liakjim, victor86 and 2 others like this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I'm guessing then that having laser scanned tracks doesn't matter to yourself, which is perfectly fine, you are entitled to that viewpoint, in the same way that I care not a jot about AI cars, yet you don't hear myself moaning about AI or how the AI needs to be improved, because its not something that I am into for AC. My main reason for buying into AC was laser scanned tracks (and Ferrari), so different people have different priorities.

So you can perhaps appreciate if people whose main drive for buying into AC might feel somewhat disappointed or concerned about the future direction.

20. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

2ShredatorFIN-So dont drive it I will because I love that track;)