1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epocx, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, I agree, but there's a difference between arguments and just whining.To some point, yes, laserscanned tracks are a big selling-point and are a very nice thing to have, but a non-laserscanned track is not the end of the world, this is how some people perceive it, I get the excitement that people gain from this game, but come on, this situation reminds of those apple-american sheep controversies/christmas-brat attitude :).I'll stop here, since I'll probably just end up insulting people (not you Ben), I simply don't get this attitude, it seems incredibly childish, and I'd like to think this community's average age isn't 12.

Leemstradamus, ekosan and Glaurung like this.
  2. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

How can AC + laserscanned tracks be any better than AC + laserscanned tracks + a non-laserscanned track? This is the point again where I cannot follow.

Sure, a ls zandvoort would be better but we won't get a fictional track! Kunos might not have scan data for this track, but they will have some kind of data that will make also this track a good track. And isnt this "alternative method" also a great opportunity? Maybe we will somewhen see officially tracks, Kunos would never be able to scan?!

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

but their future direction is to release 2 laser scanned tracks, so what is there to be concerned about.

haha yes this basic arithmatic sums up how ridiculous it is people are whining. sim racers...

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I will probably drive it, I drive mod tracks too, but this still sucks.

Knowing a track is laser-scanned just gives this special feel to driving it, that no mod track ever will. I haven't driven on any of current Kunos laser-scanned tracks IRL, so I wouldn't know by just driving it, whether it is or isn't laser-scanned. I have to take their word for it. But it doesn't change anything. It still gives special flavor to racing it, when you know it's 100% real.

Like someone said, it's a central selling point in Assetto Corsa. There's only two really, laser-scanned tracks + super realistic physics. Without those two AC wouldn't be anything noteworthy. I don't think it's a good idea to take the other one out.

And yeah, would have paid for it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    LHMGTR, GRFOCO, McStinger and 4 others like this.
  5. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I bought the game bacause of feel & physics of the cars not laser scanned tracks or MP for example...

Epocx likes this.
  6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Dear Lord ;)

biggest thanks for the answers and the explanation to this topic. Still wondering you didn't see that thread coming when the answer to laserscanning was only "No." ^^

But please also don't underestimate us, the main of the posts here aren't just crying or whining. The point why it concerns us is just because Zandvoort coming as a non-scanned version clearly means, by all hope but that's the sad truth, we will never ever have got a laserscanned Zandvoort in AC. From an economically point of view I see no scenario where a free DLC track could be reworked and sold as a non-free DLC.

And I bet the majority of the people posting here are like that:
    • Player: "can we have laserscanned Zandvoort?"
    • Kunos: "costs lot money, need at least 5 bucks from everyone"
    • Player: "thx, here are 10"
    Really I should hate you for obsessing me with simracing again, bought so much hardware stuff to enjoy it more and more. Over 700 hours of fun already, but the percentage of money which ends at AC side is a joke. So I really can understand that from a business position it's hard to judge and I can imagine it costs a lot to do the scanning process (especially time for a small team), but the majority of the simmers will say then just let us pay for it. Maybe it could also be a possibility in the future to do some crowdfounding for upcoming tracks, less risk for your company because a base amount is already there and you know the acceptance. You need to just give the normal backers the DLC then (like an advanced order) and the more AC fanboys still crying for those shirts and jackets :p For @Michael Hornbuckle maybe also some AC underwear (just kidding man ^^).

So for judging our concerns in the future please remember this:
    The more you love something, the more perfect you want it to be.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well they probably can't say what data they have access to... Apart from the fact they haven't been able to scan the track personally. As long as you don't use someone else's code directly then you can do what you like.

It'll be interesting to compare this track with videos available online and iRacings scanned version. I'm expecting quite a good match.

Leemstradamus and CKraegel like this.
  8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

ok...listen...I had a plan...removing Zandvoort from the bonus pack so we can start another 20 pages of people complaining about this decision lol

[​IMG]

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Man, a pair of AC underwear would be the sim racing equivalent of a custom fire suit for a real life driver.

10. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

I remember reading that some of you thought the Dlc #1 was not priced correctly (ie. too cheap) and asked how to pay more for it. Now, with this non laserscanned thing, you feel like stabbed in the back. People are way too dramatic when it comes to Assetto Corsa.
    This thread has 410 replies, the one about the changelog has 50 replies, what the **** ?

11. Jaye

Jaye Alien

That's the difference between normal game audience and simulation audience... The average age of the active playerbase is higher, the price acceptance is higher because of the valuation we judge this hobby. Nobody wants a second iRacing money sink, but i would have payed, just lets say 5 bucks more, with a smile and still thinking it's cheap and more than fair. And to be honest I didn't play much of the DLC content, never would learn the Nords when it wouldn't part of the league I participated. So yes buying the DLC for me was more a supporting AC than wanting the content.

LHMGTR, Leemstradamus and GRFOCO like this.
  12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Lets make all DLC paid. basta.

"You ungrateful bunch of *biep* *beep* !*#+~ ... laz0rscan this you *beeeeeeeeeep*" ;)

(In remember of Iana Belle.)

Glaurung, Epocx and Minolin like this.
  13. Epocx

Epocx Alien

This sentence from the Assetto Corsa website summs it up:

"Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with officially licensed tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments."

And we as the fans will always challenge you to it!

Beeing gratefull doesnt exclude that. Not everybody can voice their opinion in such a matter that both come through.. the challenging and the gratefulness. But i believe that most people are still gratefull, although they vent in the forums!

I am willing to pay more. As most fans are. 3-5 € would have covered the extra cost. Sell community made skins for 2€ optional for everyone who wants to pay. Money should not be a consideration factor!!!!

LHMGTR, Easy, McStinger and 3 others like this.
  14. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

No really, we need to start a pool just to see what community wants. Just for statistics purpose of coure but can be helpfull for next Kunos move.

Leemstradamus and Ben Lee like this.
  15. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

English is not my first language but this is how I read this text:

"with officially licensed tracks developed using Laser scan technology"
    Meaning that there are tracks included made by using laser scan.... nowhere it states that all AC tracks released will be laser scanned.

"and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments."
    Non scan tracks will get the highest level of accuracy.

I could be wrong but I have yet to read a statement that all tracks coming to AC will be laser scan.

I for one looking forward to see what they made of my home track, the new cars and the 1,2 update.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Because it ruins certain unique thing and puristic idea about AC. Sim racers are perfectionists and purists, nothing wrong in that.. Fans of classical music are also purists, as are many others who are passionate about their hobby.

It's like having a classy collection of your favorite painters original works in your design home, nicely framed. Just one you want is missing, and the owner won't sell for any price. Solution, print it out of Google Images and put frames into it. Now you have the perfect collection and classiest living room in the whole block, so why complain?

I really hope this is the first and last non-laser scanned track.

17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I am quite intrigued to see how they maintain the same "feel" as the laser scanned tracks. From my understanding, a lot of the physics feedback through the wheel comes from the fact that the road mesh is so dense, so recreating that purely from hand is going to be an interesting aspect to observe. I think that's the problem with many mod tracks, the mesh isn't dense enough and as a result the car physics simply feel broken (even though the cars physics haven't actually changed).

I think if it comes down to money, well here is my take on it. They could have easily charged double for the Nordschliefe pack as the content was so good. As a result of that, perhaps then they could have afforded to scan Zandvoort and then still offer it for free, knowing they got a lot of money back in from the Dream Pack #1, so in a way the Dream Pack could have subsided the cost of scanning Zandvoort.

18. kikie

kikie Simracer

Not laser scanned?
    [​IMG]

Leemstradamus and Epocx like this.
  19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Some of you are thinking that laserscanned data (and the resulting mesh) goes directly and 1:1 into AC?
    Hm, have you ever worked or seen an imported laserscan in max or other app? Lol... never mind, I dont want do destry some beliefs.

It should be enought to say that just because there is a "Laz0rscanned" batch glued somewhere, it does not necc. mean that a handmade asset is automatically of lower quality. Its a missbelive.

Scanned data is a great advantage for building assets, no question, but thats all. Like hi detailed blueprints or CAD data, thats it.

(Speaking in general, I dont know how Kunos procedures are, but it cant be much far away from other groups that do the same)

20. And the physics engine refresh will most likely miss some of those little points.

Glaurung and nonnex like this.