1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epocx, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I completely agree.

I wish modders well, I really do, I am very pro-modding and I do think modders deserve to get recognised for their work. However my worry is that now Kunos have less of an incentive to actually go and laser scan Zandvoort at some point in the future.

With all due respect to modders, a mod track isn't the same as a laser scan track in terms of quality. I think modded cars are less of a "problem", since I think car modders can get very close or even surpass the stuff that Kunos themselves have done.

LHMGTR and Freddie Seng like this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is an awesome concept - project developers to cooperate with community, take those mods, perfect them. Life is beautiful

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

..and a lot of other tracks that they might have been thinking about doing, for that matter. :(

And it doesnt matter what people say, before it was 100% accuracy of the tracks (or as close as its possibly can be in a videogame) while now it isnt. Imo thats when you going quantity over quality.
    On their page they say that they will have the highest accuracy possible, thats not how it is anymore even if some tracks still will be laserscanned (for now, who knows in the future).

If how many people using the track is a benchmark if its a good choice or not, do you benchmark how many people driving roadcars vs racecars when you getting the licenses?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    LHMGTR and GRFOCO like this.
  4. kikie

kikie Simracer

Just a question but does this mean that future laser scanned tracks have to be payed for (see red bolded text above)?

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would much rather talented modders be given laser scan data by Kunos and have them assemble the track to let Simone get on with other tasks.

That I think would be the best solution (in my opinion).

6. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Give me a decent Bathurst and I can live with it not being laserscaned. But an Laser update in the future would be nice. :)

LHMGTR, Leemstradamus and mantasisg 2 like this.
  7. Kompressor

Kompressor Gamer

May be an eminent real tracks still deserve to be laserscanned even if there is a mods of them? And the best and most popular fictional ones deserve to become an official content? I would like to have some great fictional tracks in high quality. What you think guys?

8. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I'm getting a feel guys here are thoroughly expecting Kunos to laser scan every renounced track in Europe if not the world. Or at least something like 20 more tracks. It would be such a shame any of those tracks gets done with GPS and CAD data instead of laser. :D:eek:

Glaurung likes this.
  9. The funniest thing i find is that no one has even drove the track yet (except the beta testers ) and they are all ready upset with the quality of it assuming it will not be any good because its not laser scanned .What did people do before laser scanned race track have no fun at all racing? I to be honest have more fun on non laser scanned tracks (except the nords) in assetto because a lot of the vanilla tracks i just dont really like that much . Although im looking forwards to catalunya and brands very much as i really like them tracks.Keep up the good work Kunos , im sure 95% of us here have complete faith in you and know u are not selling out because you are about to release 1 FREE non laser scanned track!:D:D:D:D

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That's the problem though, if it's non scanned or not at all I'd say include a good non scanned version. Unfortunately that does surely mean that we'll never see a scanned version in game, at least not for AC, maybe AC 2 I suppose.

Aris's explanation makes a lot of sense, it's a shame they didn't post that when Zandvoort was announced officially. They did float the idea of incorporating really good mod tracks a while ago but tbh the only non fictional mod track that's close to the quality of the better official tracks is Ricard, I'm sure the dev's are aware of that.

11. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Thanks Aris for the explaination,
    i personally love Donington by brun.
    But i rather have less tracks but laserscanned, even if i feel that that particular mod feels very good i cannot compare since i have 0 racetrack experience.
    Steam workshop would bring all the mods to more users.

Kunos = Laserscanned
    Thats a brand for me and a major selling point.

i dont care about the console version one bit. and compromising laserscann technology for more console track is not the right way.
    but even on console you need a selling point, since AC is no GT6 or forza. and you cant provide 1000 cars and 100 tracks.. or something...

Looking forward to 1.2 :)

LHMGTR, Freddie Seng, GRFOCO and 2 others like this.
  12. McStinger

McStinger Racer

Aris, dear member of Kunos devs:
    Thanks for the clarification (and: it is ahonest THX)!
    BUT
    - as you wrote yourself: you/Kunos devs should have communicated "better AND earlier"
    - info like "will be done by GPS and CAD data" could have been "a sign" that the quality of the track will be as close to a laserscanned track as possible = some (or many?) complains would not have happend

AND, last but not least, but a point I guess
    - how man times the AC community, as you said "activ here", has asked politely for more and better communication, either about content, plans, improvements or corrections or, as important, your thoughts about what we are thinking (and put down in words in this forum) what it is or will be required, neccessary or essential to improve this beloved game AC = Kunos feedback. Saying the AC-community "is much bigger than than the hundred-ish people that are constantly active in this forum" seems not worded carefully to me!? It is this "ish- people" that keep very busy with the game, maybe much more than some hundred of thousends of AC-buyers you/Kunos never hear a word of...

Would be great if communication could find an improvement from now on (at least from now on) - thx!
    cu on track! :cool:

I`m not a native... if you find any mistake, I`m sry, but keep it pls ;)

LHMGTR likes this.
  13. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please remain calm or I'll just close this thread.

If you guys cant behave and act properly by replying in a thread without disrespecting, I'll just close it.

This will be the last intervention done on this thread, if anything else shows up it will be archived.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

If this does come off well, wouldn't it be a great idea to use it on tracks which are hard or impossible to laser scan (monaco, american tracks, isle of man or point to point stages). Those are tracks that probably won't be scanned anyway, but still are very popular among drivers.

15. Marcel Pfister

Marcel Pfister Simracer

I would also rather pay for a laserscanned track because official content should raise the bar of details a lot over mod content. I liked the statement at the beginning of AC that good physics only make sense if the track is also as precise as possible. I would be very sad if a track like Donnington would be modded because we have a good Donnington mod already and i donated to the modder because of that. An additional Donnington mod would make one of them useless. A Laserscanned version instead would be nice because there are people like me who drive on realrace tracks and do appreciate laserscanning a lot.

LHMGTR, Tobias Queck and Epocx like this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just find it hilarious that the same people now thinking this is a good aproach and it doesnt matter if the tracks are laserscanned or not, were talking **** as soon as pCars was mentioned.. so many tracks but they were innacurate so they didnt want to drive on it anyway. Back then the allmight quality over quantity was a well used phrase. Now when its Kunos doing the same thing its all good.

this time im out for real

17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Lord Kunos
    With all the respect that i can.

I understand that surely there was some kind of important motivations to do this.
    But:
    1- inform the user community about this it would not have been a shame if this was done at the times, not now.
    2- Seriously, here noone wakes up on the morning for break the balls here and there just for fun.

Who cares about scanned track is because he give weight at this type of contents, is 'cause on personal wish list the pure simulations come first af all the rest. (otherwise many of us could gone and play Pcars, where at least there are dozen of cars/tracks/features that AC will never have.)
    By now, really, we have 9 official tracks on this game:
    Imola
    Monza
    Mugello
    Magione
    Vallelunga
    Spa
    Silverstone
    Nurb Gp
    Nord

9 tracks, for me too few for a racing game.

BUT

I understand the high prices, the small company, all the rest, and so on, ok, that's it.
    I can play on some crappy tracks (far away from the official contents) and enjoy them.
    What i say it that if Kunos has low resource, i understand the missing features and all the rest, but i don't understand if those few resource are used to create low-profile contents.
    So yes, i prefer to have nothing rather than contents of this type.
    Or, in other words, i prefer by far pay the right price for an official contents made with the max quality possible rather than have it poor made for free.
    That's why i care AC, Kunos team, and not Granturismo or Forza MS.

Now you can tell me: "ok, that's you... it's your p.o.v. and live with them"
    So, just ok.
    It's only my p.o.v. , the same of my sim racing group, the same of many other sim racing group that i / we meet on AC and on other sims.
    P.o.v.
    Maybe, just remind next time that AC is played not only from casual players that yesterday was plaing to GTA, today at AC, tomorrow at Fifa16, but also from people that run and run and run over a proper sim month after month, year after year, that all i / they want is the max quality possible.
    So, MANY THANKS for free contents but at the end, better less at 95% rather than more at 70%.

Just say.
    Keep going hard and good work.

LHMGTR and Fear like this.
  18. So the guy who asked about zandvoort being laserscanned is already in prison? Hehe
    J/k of course :)

Niki Đaković and Jaye like this.
  19. Kompressor

Kompressor Gamer

Agree with this.:)

Freddie Seng and Marcel Pfister like this.
  20. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I would rather try the track first before jumping into any conclusions.
    I dont really understand why some must always act like (a) "Strunz".

Cosa permettere Strunz?!
    Ho finito!
    [​IMG]

@Aris:
    What?!...
    I would prefer to hug you. Shake hands... pfft... ;)
    Scherzo, thx for the detailed post.