1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You can't be right mate, professional teams use rFactor. Go and convince yourself that you like it, then you can come back to the forums.

jim jones likes this.
  2. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I'll trust the advice/recommendation of someone with a couple years of real racing/track experience over someone with 20 years of sim racing experience any day of the week. Nothing is worse than people who have never been on a real race track arguing about what sim feels more realistic. It's like a group of blind people arguing about the best color on a Ferrari.

Jebus, ericRacer and Associat0r like this.
  3. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Real race drivers about rFactor 2
    http://www.virtualr.net/silverstone-1-35-rfactor-2-released#comment-1769828593

Real race teams about rFactor 2
    http://www.virtualr.net/meet-simfunding-sim-racing-crowd-funding-platform#comment-1871850631

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Let's be realistic. I think there's a big difference in producing unlicenced content for an established off the shelf engine and making your own engine and licenced content. What Reiza are doing is closer to Urd than Kunos.

5. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

No need to sell me on it. I think RF2 physics and tire model feel great. I just feel like that game is too clinical for me and doesn't have the tracks/cars that I really want to drive. :) I launch it every once in awhile to see progress, but I'm just having a complete blast with AC. I need to give GSCE a try sometime, but it seems to be a lot like RF at first glance.

6. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I used to play Game stock car since July 2013. When I bought Assetto Corsa in January 2014, never played GSC since. The AI is better in GSC though. But to me AI will never be as good as multiplayer in any game or sim. In every other aspect AC is better. The G forces in GSC are exaggerated making it more fun especially in open wheelers.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

rFactor 2's AI is a big step above GSCE's AI. We also had great AI in Grand Prix 4.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  8. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

9. Stereo

Stereo Alien

They use it as a convenient interface for their own physics simulations, they're not running baseline rFactor physics (and esp. not any publically available content) so it really doesn't say a single thing about what it'll be like for sim racers.

xyr and Mogster like this.
  10. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I was beeing sarcastic ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No one outside the team know what commercial contracts Kunos have.

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

to be honest AI racing in GSC, GTR Evo or R3E is better and I dare to say more real-like than 3 out of 5 races on public servers :) .. I know there are organized leagues and races but there is little chance for me to sync my schedule with them ..

hmm, let see ... you have real (licenced):

Stock Cars (Chevy and Peugeot),
    Mini Cooper,
    Opala Stock Car,
    Camaro,
    Fittipaldi FD04,
    Dallara F309,
    Formula Vee,
    Metalmoro mr18,
    Chevrolet Cruze,
    Mitsubishi Lancer GT
    Ford Focus
    Toyota Corolla

and than fictional (based on real cars):
    Formula Extreme (F1 2014)
    Formula V12 (F1 mid `90)
    Formula Classic (F1 `80)
    Formula Reiza

and some carts

Good enough for me :)

MrDoedel and Associat0r like this.
  13. We do know that Ferrari uses the AC software for developing their road cars and we also know that it is being used in some capacity by Dallara

14. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Only top factory teams use rFactor Pro and plug in their own physics simulations. The majority of the race teams use stock rFactor 1 / rFactor 2 physics.

David Dominguez likes this.
  15. The race teams actually use rfactor Pro, which isn't available to the public, but that's just facts so no need for them, right?

Oh well, whatever; I thought this thread was discussing Game Stock Car

16. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Most use stock rFactor.
    http://www.virtualr.net/meet-simfunding-sim-racing-crowd-funding-platform#comment-1871850631
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/339790/discussions/0/610573751160274820/#c610574106424826109

ericRacer and David Dominguez like this.
  17. Yep, there are many racing teams using stock rF (and GSC). I'd say that rF Pro is for teams who can invest a lot of money on the simulation area (such as F1 teams).

Associat0r likes this.
  18. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

19. Yes, Kunos engine is so vastly superior that you can't attack kerbs with high ride frequency cars (aka fast open wheelers and such) without the physics engine going nuts. Same thing about cars with very very stiff suspensions, or with special suspension layouts (heave springs). Something as elemental as that. Not to mention the SAT values that AC tires output (out of this world in most cases) which directly affects the FFB.

JyriK likes this.
  20. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer