1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

And what does rF/GSC gives, informations of a floaty car? Wasn't a known thing that ISI (or Simbin) used fake effects on the FFB, like G forces and whatnot.. What fake info does AC give?

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

AC has fake forces too ...and there is no floatyness in GSCE or GTR Evo (you could have it if you want extra info on weight transfer .. or not ... or just a little touch of it to know what is going on with your car without affecting your steering precision ... that is why in this games I know what is gonna happend before it happends .. in AC is more about expecting something should happend and rather not waiting till FFB tells you .. that`s too late than) .. it is certainly not that floaty springy FFB AC provide :) .. R3E that is foaty like hell ... must test todays update on FFB though ...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  3. JyriK

JyriK Gamer

Greatly exaggerated self aligning torque. Fake as hell.

4. takfar

takfar Rookie

Yea, whenever you go into a spin in AC, it's wise just let go of the wheel. The forces on the T500RS rotating the wheel every which way are enough to break one's wrists*.

*may include some degree of exaggeration

5. Aceking

Aceking Racer

I performed alot of AI editing over many years in rFactor 1 like all new AIW's, AI car physics, AI talents and i believe this made the AI "Awesome". Many of the severe problems people are experiencing with rFactor 1 AI are due to 3rd party track AIW's that were corrupted in the conversion process and never fixed the problem by recreating a new AIW for that track.

In rFactor-1 if you want the very best AI you need to make track packs specifically made (AIW's) for that car make/series.

6. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

True about rFactor 1, but in rFactor 2 I've had many great AI races with random car/track combos, I also never get rear-ended, or nudged of the track even with high aggression. The rFactor 2 AI is a lot more aware and autonomous.

7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

lol, you do know that's real life behavior? Don't get me started on how ISI sims handle the spins :D

8. takfar

takfar Rookie

Is it really, tho? Rotating fully to one side, and then the other, and then back again in the space of a second, all by itself, with no driver input? I've never gone into a spin in real life (except driving karts, and they definitely didn't do that), nor do I plan to, but I can't see the actual car wheels doing that. In AC it's more like the game is trying to mimic a driver trying to correct the spin, overriding your own input. It's disconcerting, really.

9. @takfar You have a world of surprise in store for you whenever you spin out a real car.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  10. Aceking

Aceking Racer

So, with that said just think how great rF2's AI potential could progress with fine-tuning everything for their benefit.

11. JyriK

JyriK Gamer

Since you seem to know f all about ISI sims, why don't you just educate us how the fake self aligning torque is not actually fake? I know noobs love it, but that's beside the point.

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Can I ask some question related to this game? I bought it yesterday on sale and spent several hours driving Kart. Then I tried a little bit Camaro SS, and Formula 3.

1. I found the ffb of the Kart so strong that my wheel stand is shaking (because the track is bumpy? My roommate even thought I was moving in new furniture). I have 100% in g27 driver and 50% in game. What ffb setting do u use?

2. I tried 270 degrees g27 setting and default steer lock. I felt that Kart and Formula 3 have extremely sensitive steering. Also I feel the Camaro just feels boaty, slow (even at 70mph), and totally unwilling to turn. Then I tried 540 degrees g27 setting and 22 degrees in game lock. Now I feel Kart is a lot easier to have a more precise steering, but the Camaro still doesn't want to turn. I never drive a Camaro in real life. Does Camaro behave the same way on a track in real life? What's your guys' steering settings? How can I have different g27 settings for the same game but different cars?

UPDATE
    I searched for some Camaro videos and I feel even more confused... They seem to steer the car nicely, but I can't even "change lane" with a 90 degree rotation on a straight... totally confused.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  13. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

The best place to look for (g)SCE question / hints is:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/game-stock-car-extreme.77/

sherpa25 and Mogster like this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That is nowhere close to what I experience in AC. My tuned DFGT has ~70% of the power of a T500 and I never observed such a behaviour.

15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The whole setup menu in AC I have had a certain dislike for from day one on. No menu where ALL game functions can be mapped, only some. Handicapped ability to map commands to the G27. Rudimentary FFB tunings.

It must kill people's nerves when I mention it once again, but like they are doing FFB tuning in R3E - that is the way to go: 15 or more scales with sliders to tune the various FFB details individually! Just yesterday they have added three new multiplicators to the set. If you cannot tune your FFB to what yiou want it to be in that game, then you do something wrong. LOL I prefer it to be more robust, though differentiated, and that is what I tuned the game to give me. Feels great. My wheel bites, and that's how I like it. Whether it is realistric in my tuning choice, is not so interesting for me. To get the most excitement out of it - that is my priority.

Can be tuned more tame and soft and mopre subtle too, however, if that is what you prefer.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

R3E in steam?

18. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

Or the force feedback tuning in project cars. But these guys are crazy, you can adjust everything. But the pitty is, you have to adjust everything because the default FFB in PC is for CSW2 very weak. But after tweaking, its great.

But for AC I really miss some more switches to adjust the FFB.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ Yes. But via steam only some of the season packs can be bought. If you want to add individual cars, tracks, and other packs, you need to use S3's webshop - via your ordinary browser, not the ingame link (has become function-less because they have abandoned their virtual currency model, all payments is done via linking the game account to your steam account and then paying via Steam Wallet).

20. takfar

takfar Rookie

They recommend 900 degree on the wheel and 33 steering lock on car setup for the Camaro. As for the karts, recommended is 180 degree with 16 steering lock. More details here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-set-up-your-steering-wheel-for-gsc-extreme.100889/

Again, all this confusion should be over when Reiza implement automatic adjustment for steering rotation (no date given, but should be soon).