1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New funtion in Practise mode needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harryorlsen, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Hope Kunos will not implement this, this is supposed to be a simulator right? In real life you have to practice and learn the WHOLE track at once and if you have money to do it (didn't want to go this far, lol), because you only learn a track by a straight sequence of corners being memorized into your brain, that's where you get the pace for that car/track, there's no other way to do it to get really better, lapping the whole track it's the best way to get the right pace and tech your brain how to behave on every part of circuit.

Another thing is, what temperature will your tires have when you use that rewind thing? Cornering it's allways related to what you did in the previous corner, time of race, tire wear, tire temp, etçª, how can you simulate that? A corner/tire can be a lot different from one lap to another, practicing the same corner every time with same temp/wear seems too arcade to me and teaches you NOTHING, it makes you drive worse because you don't get the real sense of driving/racing with all changing conditions! What you get with that is if you enter a corner you practiced 500 times, on a slight different condition you're gonna crash for sure, or, in worse scenario you'll crash into someone ruining their race.

Also and most important, in real life drivers are better at some corners and bad at others, that's the fun of racing, you read your opponent weaknesses during an entire lap to see where you can attack and overtake them.

Definitely NO to that feature IMHO...

Robilon likes this.
  2. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I dont know where you get the idea but no one saying "I dont like racing" here. We love racing while also love to be first in charts, whats wrong with that ?? Who dont like to be first in charts anyway ??

3. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Yet you've not learned yet the difference between "your" and "you're"? That's a real shame. p.s. I'm old too :)

4. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

No, you want things the easy way is what this is about.

Robilon and Rui Santos like this.
  5. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Spelling correct takes more time and is not fun. Just like they try to take shortcuts to racing. Makes perfect sense ;)
    To make even better example, this suggestion is like going to grammar forum and suggest to make exceptions on correct grammar.

TheDyingScotsman and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

In real life you cant pause any race for go to toilet or answer a call and resume later right ?? So why you do it in the game ??

Am sorry you totally wrong about this. From what i see all those game with rewind feature do have a way to simulate all that data. Meaning if i rewind the car back for 10 seconds i get exact the same tire temp / tire wear / steering angle / time of race / speed / weather & everything else that i have 10 second ago. Do your car suddenly drop temp or drop speed or have different tire wear or change weather when you resume the race from a pause ?? No right ?? Rewind is something like pause but resume from somewhere a little bit earlier according to player's choice. I suggest one better use the feature in those game first before comment about this.

Am sorry I dont see that happen to most player that play those rewind feature games, you talk like we are robot who always do thing follow some fix program but we actually human who can react to any different condition accordingly, we dont close our eyes when racing. Also are you saying people who dont use rewind will always react properly ?? If thats so why i often see crashing in just any multiplayer racing ??

Thats the different between player like you & alien racer. You happy enough to be some better here but bad there racer but alien always wanna push some more to be the best in just any track & any corner. Pls dont tell me always wanna push some more is wrong.

By the way, i believe we are talking about Assetto Corsa & Assetto Corsa is a game. So pls forget real life for a while, in real life i dont think you have all that 35 cars so why play ??

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

you're completely right.. im not usually what bad at grammar lol

8. Rui Santos

@Lazybug, who are you to say if i'm an alien/very good/crap driver? Do you know me from real life or have i raced before against you in racing sims or for real? I don't remember! Don't ever talk of who you don't know ok? Also i'm not wasting time with your nonsense useless arguments for a feature that we're used to see in arcadish games, one of those days you'll want the cops behind you on track too, we want the most realism possible here with the limitations of being a PC "game"...

And you should learn to read carefully because many of your questions are answered in my post, if you don't understand what i wrote i can't do nothing for you...

Robilon likes this.
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

@Lazybug

Thats a better way of wasting time. :)

Lazybug likes this.
  10. Robilon

Robilon Racer

@Rui Santos , That's what people do when they exceed their brain capacity. They start blabbering nonsense stuff in despair.
    It's like kid wanting candy to the point he can't find words and just starts screaming and crying.

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Ahab

Ahab Gamer

So why do we have options for tire wear/fuel use and mechanical damage?

12. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah thats right. You know consider many 3rd world country actually not even have internet service so we should all back to use 56k download speed to download 7GB AC taking a month instead of just few hours, we should put alot more time & effort to download anything the hard way, we should not expect to get a thing now now now just like that :D

Also we should start to walk or bicycle to anywhere instead of driving a car because driving a car is just too lazy, too easy, too comfortable, people easy get fat doing that so thats not right, we should do the hard way spend alot more time doing traveling :D

Some more throw all the computer / laptop / mobile phone in the sea and start to write again. Backup anything using computer or contact each other using sms or phone call is just too lazy & too easy, thats not right. We should do the hard way that people do 100 years ago, copy & backup everything by write it down in a paper and send any letter with a bird :D

Ok enough joke. I not old enough but still live enough to see that the world is keep on changing every day & many methods are actually evolve to become even easier & time saver, from many history that i had read many training method also become more & more time efficient where better result can be seen given the same amount of practice time, the idea is to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort, but then suddenly it become "lazy" "shortcut" "easy" which suggest by some Mr here.

13. Rui Santos

Lol, you didn't understood anything i wrote...

14. Robilon

Robilon Racer

@Lazybug You just ruined my vision of Japanese people, good job. Even thought you might be the only black sheep of Japan in terms of intelligence... I always liked to think Japan was a nice place with nice and intelligent people. You certainly are not one of them. Comparing internet connections and walking to a racing simulator.. wow. If racing few laps is so burden to you, why do you race at all?

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Rui Santos

Leave him alone Robilon, it's clear that from what he wrote he don't understand much of racing and it's not a good MP racer, he's just a hotlapper, which is very different from racing other people...

Robilon likes this.
  16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I dont know but since you suggest normally drivers are better at some corners and bad at others and sound like you happy with that so i dont think you an alien or very fast type, but i never mean you a crap driver either, you know there at least 4 type of racer. Alien / Pro / Casual / Crap.

Am sorry i dont really see that. May be i should ask one at a time. So question number one: Can you pause a race in real life ?? If no then why you have no problem a pause feature is in the game ?? Pls answer. Thank you.

17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Haha thanks for the advise & the video but i actually doing something else at the same time so what i doing here is consider part time task :D By the way i not quite catch what they saying in the video, i definitely need subtitle for accent like that :rolleyes:

18. Robilon

Robilon Racer

19. Ahab

Ahab Gamer

Nice avoidance....... Your saying that each time you take a corner the car set up (tire wear/fuel amount etc) will be different so by rewinding your learning nothing due to the car set up (tire wear/fuel amount etc) being the same each time, right, right. So what happens when someone only drives with tire wear and fuel use turned off?

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You really think my name is LazyBug, 28 yrs old & from Japan just because my profile page say so ?? Am sorry I never put any real information about myself in any forum if not really necessary.

I actually like to ask the samething, why do you keep over & over against this request ??