1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Keep that attitude, especially towards staff, and you won't be around to ignore anything much longer.

miky likes this.
  2. slopps

slopps Simracer

If you are going to respond to anything i've said, please Quote exactly what i've said - then explain why you think what i've said is wrong with reason, otherwise no valid discussion can be had.

Also staff wouldn't respond with such an inane comment, so again, not sure what you're on about.

Yet another pointless comment, that's 2 in a row after mine. Which is fine, normally out of all comments, about 5-10% are actually logical well thought out arguments which lead on to an interesting discussion.

thanks sir.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You described some problem with the FFB and my respond to that is that I don't see or feel that problem you described, hence from my point of view there is no such problem and the problem is very likely on your side.
    I don't see how that requires further explanation.

4. slopps

slopps Simracer

i go into very specific detail which you blanket ignore.
    Saying "i don't see or feel a problem" without dealing directly with my reasoning for Why there is a problem, which i clearly explain, Is not a valid response to what i said.

good lord, this is like....reading comprehension and basic critical thinking 101.
    I give up, forget it, ignore what i said then - i'll post it under physics issues and lord Kunos can check it out, as they actually will know and understand what i'm on about.

5. Yes, waste Aris time by reporting a physics issue based on 'I feel'...he loves that. You liking a mod more than it's official counterpart does not constitute a physics issue.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This, many many times. It's so true Hemingway must have said it before too.

Nevertheless, we always look at issues that people report, but don't be surprised about the outcome of said bug report if the opening line is "I feel" or "I assume".

ALB123, mms, DaveS78 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

IIRC the grooved tyres were said to be somewhat tricky and slidy once you were over the limit, so I think it's possible that this is intended to be simulated with the car.

8. slopps

slopps Simracer

I didn't. I clearly explain in my post what is going on with the FFB, When it occurs, Why it occurs, and why there is an issue with that.
    I then go on to explain why the physics of the car simply do not tally up with the way the car is driven in real life, and how the SF70 much more closely resembles the car of its era than the F2004 does.

Again, i'm clearly talking to people missing basic comprehension skills and an inability to read a full sentence, so i'll do a video and report it to Kunos.
    If they think there is no issue with it then there's not much i can do after that, i'm simply providing constructive criticism.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What on earth do you want me to describe?
    You described something and I just said I can't follow you because I don't see the issue you report.

That's like you saying "I see a green car" and me responding "I don't" and now you want me to go into detail why I don't see a green car?
    Seriously?

I mean of course feel free to post your issue, it might be a valid one.
    My response to your description was just that I didn't feel any issue (especially not like the one you described) when I was driving the car, which was just given as a hint to you that the issue might be on your side.

End of discussion from my side …

10. slopps

slopps Simracer

By 2004 Bridgestone were in a tyre war with michelin - the compounds they were using were MUCH softer than the compounds of today, and provided huge amounts of Grip.
    The grooves made them nervous on the limit, which is why Jacques Villeneueve hated them, but that didn't mean they were 'slidy', it meant it was difficult to progessively slide with a bit of oversteer around, due to the nervousness on the limit.

Go and watch any onboards from montoya, schumi, anyone, from that era - and they can still hustle the cars about and use the weight transfer shifting rear on throttle, leaning on the TC, to induce those mini slides to rotate the car.

11. slopps

slopps Simracer

accept, that analogy does not even work, precisely because I described the issue in detail.

Its like me going "I see a green car, because in the english language the word Green is associated with this primary colour which our eyes see in similar ways in this range of light, therefore this car is green.".

And you going "its not green".

12. slopps

slopps Simracer

The opening line of my comment did not begin with 'I feel' or 'I assume'. What are you referring to in my comment? i am confused.

13. slopps

slopps Simracer

This tells me that you did not even read or comprehend my comment properly.
    My post was about the F2004.

Literally the only thing i say that mentiosn another mod in the post is "I think the SF70 is excellent - and it compares well with the F1 2017 Hybrid car "
    The physics/FFB issue i explain and report wasn't even about the SF70.

.............So what are you on about?

The level of reading comprehension being shown is shockingly poor. I give up, its like talking to 10 year olds.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Nope, "there is no car".

15. slopps

slopps Simracer

which would make you blind, or your eyes fragment light differently to mine, and we could go on to discuss how your eyes may work differently and why.

Do you understand the basic concepts of reasoning? seriously what is going on here, this is hilarious. You genuinely don't understand anything i've said do you.

I'll end it there, peace.

16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

My goodness!! :confused:o_O:eek::rolleyes:

Can I say that?:D

Mogster, Ace Pumpkin, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't gotten to spend as much time as I'd like with this DLC but I've gotten to drive everything now. The 250 lived up to it's reputation, I'd never really known much about it before the DLC other than it's obscenely expensive (So expensive I didn't even want to ding the virtual one), it's a strange car to drive, like the other classic race cars the steering wheel doesn't work on it's own, that takes some getting used to, but it's a lot of fun, I don't know how anyone made it out of the 1960s alive.

The 288 is a lot of fun as well but man it's brakes are terrible. I did a race online and spent the first lap going off at every corner because the braking points where much sooner than I'd ever have expected.

I've pretty much only tried the other cars but I spent some extra time with the 330 P4, that cars perfect. I did the race at brands hatch challenge and it was tons of fun.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Which tyres did you drive it on?
    On SV tyres, the tyres are mostly limiting, but on SM tyres, it might be the brakes limiting the performance.
    Also, others have reported that the brake balance on SM tyres a bit off.
    For that reason – and because it's the right thing to do – I'd suggest to drive it with SV tyres or at least ST.

Another thing is that this car does have brake temp simulation and I noticed that when they are cold they really don't bite well.
    That might be another part of why you have issues with the car.
    Once they are somewhat heated up, the braking performance is better.

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@slopps

Make a dedicated bug report if you think something is wrong and stop derailing this thread, which was a nice read so far.

miky, mms, Ace Pumpkin and 1 other person like this.
  20. I think since the engine damage is not so real implemented is better to have engine damage off than a bad damage model that could frustrate most of the gamers. Some times you gotta play it safe, it's not all about simulation, unless it's simulated properly. Just imo

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk