1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Protip: Add damper in your profiler.
    [​IMG]

2. most probably because the underlying physics is different.. but the approach to FF is exactly the same: only pass what should be felt through the steering wheel, nothing else.

vegaguy 5555, Schnipp and mms like this.
  3. Unless people want more, then you begrudgingly give them effects/enhancements and maybe even a canned effect or two. :D

vegaguy 5555 and mms like this.
  4. yes but I wouldn't characterize them as "forces" but rather as "vibrations" which is a totally different concept.

vegaguy 5555, witoldinho, Vel and 2 others like this.
  5. chakko

chakko Alien

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Guess that's another myth shattered then. :D As i mentioned, i find iRacing's FFB pretty synthetic, and unnatural anyway, so i was wondering a bit about the argument that it is because it only features the forces really getting to the wheel. Will remember it next time someone comes with the "pure FFB" argument.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I love enhanced understeer effect and the new ABS effect.

Luca Zari and arthur666 like this.
  7. Orne

Orne Alien

I find the ABS effect very helpful ! Well done gents !

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

At very low speed (not sure about the speed, but I think it was up to 3 km/h), AC adds damper, which is configurable through an ini file.
    iirc it is to prevent oscillations like you sometimes see with AMS or rFactor when the car is standing still.
    Other than that it should be similar.

IMO the "physics go through to the wheel" is one of the reasons why – as @GamerMuscle stated correctly in the pC2 thread – in AC every car feels quite good from the start, there is much less variation than in other sims.
    And there is no need to "fine-tune" the FFB for each individual car (apart from maybe adjusting the overall strength).

Schnipp and stefanoCasillo like this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

I think i'll give those damper effects a try that Michael mentioned. Didn't know about that, i always thought the spring and damper settings have no effect, because no sim uses those.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Careful, you might get banned for mentioning the understeer effect. :D

11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

It was really needed. It was hard to threshold brake using just the "electronics" icon. Great addition.

12. this guy

gets it

:)

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Thanks. You might consider for AC2 (or whatever the next project will be called) to add volume, tune, Fx and Fy sliders.

Just don't mention that they don't do anything and be surprised by the responses. :D

mms likes this.
  14. I'm working on it already.. sneak preview of the new FF ini section :p

[AC2_FF_PREVIEW]
    FLAVOUR=TAGLIATELLE_BOLOGNESE ; or MARGHERITA, 4_STAGIONI, SALSICCE_E_FRIARIELLI, LASAGNA, TIRAMISU'
    VOLUME=11
    GAIN=11
    BASS=11
    MID=11
    TREBLE=11
    PRESENCE=11
    PLACEBO_EFFECT=0 ; 1=sorry, you are in the placebo group but thanks for playing

15. Orne

Orne Alien

Exactly !

I suppose those who can afford hydraulic pedals have a better feel !

16. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No reverb? Pff... amateurs! :D

Nmoleiro, Alexandr66 and nate like this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Loadcell is good enough, no need for hydraulic pedals.
    But the feel of the pedal is … you put pressure on it and see what happens.

Braking (and modulating the brake) the correct way is just a learning process, you can't really do it right from the very start in a simulator.
    Some are better in it, some are worse. Pressure-sensitive brake pedals make it a bit easier to be consistent, but the learning process is the same.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I guess that'll be a DLC, together with surround FFB support.

Nmoleiro likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

BUT WHY ? OH NO PLEASE

Is that darkade forcez, not legit ffb thing ?

I think it is awesome anyway :D

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Tiramisu for me please, in double, no... triple.:D