1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

So it's now spaghetti-code?

LeonW likes this.
  2. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

Rumour has it that Kunos only comments his code with the words //SIMCADE

There is so much spaghetti in AC that there source code is Bolognese !

Back on topic ! I have not driven the new DLC in VR yet but I think its going to be awesome as it was pretty damn good in 2D !

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Salajutsu and paul_wev like this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I disagree. I tried iRacing at some point and quite liked it. The FFB communicates different physics so surely it's a little different. I could always tell that the approach to FFB was quite the same.

4. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I like Western Spaghetti movies, and Spaghetti racing simulations too.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I now have driven more time in all the cars in this pack over the past days. But I must admit, this is the first DLC for AC which completely fails me. The best may be the F2004, which is easy to drive for a modern F1 car, but still, it is an F1 car, an open wheeler, and that does not interest me too much (not even mentioning the usage limitations that come probably due to some narcissistic Ferrari license...). Beside the other modern F1 car, which is another space interceptor, I just cannot trust in and become friends with the other five cars, they feel like motorboats in heavy currents, too much understeer, too much gliding and sliding, the braking is u-ah. In the other DLCs, I found some stuff I liked, other stuff I was not so much interested in, and only a few things that I really did not like. But this DLC is a complete loss for me, sorry. Of course its taste, and lots of it, but thats how it is: nothing in there that is for me. The cars, all seven, are put aside now, and probably will never be put out on track again by me.

Well, such things happen, it is not always just sunshine.

6. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Something's definitely changed with the FFB on all the cars with 1.15.

It was a lot more Al dente before.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, that's strange. They really couldn't be any more different. Especially the oversteering feedback is almost non-existant, which, combined with the effect of tyre overheating, which is much too exaggerated, leads to much less control over drifts. In AC, i can catch almost any drift, while, for example, if i drive the Formula Renault 2.0, in iRacing, i can't catch a drift at all. Unless i drive the Skip Barber maybe, which is a very low powered car, which has street tyres (which react almost like slicks in iRacing too...).

And, when i drive the GT3's in iRacing, it's slide mania really, so small grip.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

On my G25 I've been using Aris's "Real Feel" FFB settings from the Logitech thread he's tried to replicate the feel of a real car. At first I didn't like the extra damping he has set in the ini file but I've stuck with it to try and use the sim as intended and now I'm loving it. The only changes I've made is to set 50% instead of 100% damping in the Logitech profiler to stop the wheel being quite so heavy at very low speed and I have overall gain set at around 80% on a car by car basis.

Using these settings and my DK2 I really think Kunos have ****ing nailed it with these Ferraris, the immersion is immense. The 250 GTO and 67F1 in particular when I load them up and drive them in VR I'm just so close to being convinced I'm sat in the things, only the lack of res and FOV pulls me out a little, the sounds and FFB are for me amazing they're adding so much to the experience. The GTO is so good I'm a bit stunned tbh...

Awesome is a much over used phrase but I feel it's needed here... :)

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok i finally tested thoroughly all the cars and the results are not what i expected.

In reverse liking order :

1. Least favorite : SF70H
    This is the 1st time that i like a modder's car better than kunos' . Actually it's a total defeat. I am talking about the RSS Hybrid which is my all time favorite Formula car in all sims (together with the magnificent Renault formula 2014 from rf2). RSS is sublime. SF70H is all over the place. I don't know which is closer to the real thing but RSS talks to my heart. Not this one. Also downshifting sounds are mediocre. I don;t want to drive it again.

2. F2004. Biggest disappointment. FFB is not good for me. I can't understand the traction or how much grip i have. It just turns or slides. Empty. Also the sounds are lacking. AC never had the best sounds but this one is synthetic and compressed. If you want to hear the best Formula sounds , launch AMS's Formula V12.

3. 250 GTO. Really strange car. Ok it's 60's but tyres can turn with only 0.6g's???? Is this as intended ? Car will not turn or just slide for ever. Because of the tyres. Yes it's fun but i am wondering if it's realistic.
    Well, sounds are really nice. And the model is simply magnificent.

4. 312/67 . Another disappointment. Rear end is loose and floaty. Lotus 49 is really much better.

5. 812SF. Biggest surprise. Actually this car is becoming my favorite road car. It's a beast. FFB is superb sounds too. I can't stop driving her.

6. 288 GTO. Great as i expected. F40's DNA is really evident. The car has sublime handing and FFB.

7. 330 P4. My No1 car of the package. Actually one of KUNOS best. It wont beat Cobra in my heart but this car is sublime. Sounds, FFB, handling and model all in total harmony. Superb.

Sry for not liking some cars. I know that @Aristotelis put huge effort in all cars but this package has some not so good cars IMO.
    But 812SF, 288 GTO and 330 P4 save the day.

Cheers.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's a late 50s era design, I find the handling in some ways comparable to the Masa 250F.

11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The real 250 GTO cornered at around 0.9g.

12. So, what does that mean in layman's terms, David?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That only the Aces could be stupid enough to go that fast.
    Me not included. :(

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

How would you know that? Is this somewhere to be found as data?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/gto-vs-gto-road-test

^ Maybe it was from this, 1964 car I think but it does mention g's on the skidpad.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I will never understand why for some people "I don't like how car X drives" apparently equates to "car X isn't implemented well by the devs".

Jebus, Dookie, ALB123 and 9 others like this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is more like - I like how X drives, but something seems wrong with X. There is a thread for GTO "possible" issues in bugs forum. So it would be better to express these thoughts there IMO.

Laptimes seems slow. Thats it. Perhaps Watts Link doesn't work in AC, however, top speed seems low too.

18. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Someone on AC's Facebook was complaining that the 288 GTO is terrible and drives as if it were 'on ice' (ice in caps, natch).

I didn't have the heart to say that you can go under 8 minutes with it on the Nords without much trouble.

Was just trying it out on Trento and it's great fun and handles nicely, especially for an old design.

It's a shame that 'I don't like it', or 'I can't drive it very well' becomes 'it's bad physics' (or some other misplaced criticism).

DaveS78 likes this.
  19. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Don't worry about the spaghetti.
    It's all the cheese in the lasagna that's causing the massive understeer.

20. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Jaguar tested one while they were making their lightweight E-type. Their data is published in several books.

The C&D car was fitted with road tyres for their test, but the figure they obtain is still impressive.

Cote Dazur and mantasisg 2 like this.