1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

The Ferrari 288 on ice? and they want to drive on the water ahahahah

arthur666 and lordpatou like this.
  2. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

To much pressure on tire be default can i think explain such behaviour.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Did go around Imola with the 250 and the 330. WTF, what a work of art! Just can't imagine people feeling with VR and a wheel that's fits real size while driving the 250. Respect Kunos.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Cote Dazur, Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The 330 P4 looks and sounds incredible in replays :eek:

Just been watching some recordings from Silverstone 67, which I still think is a work of art, with that track and the 330 P4 it's like a religious experience. Praise the Lord :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's different physics at work between the titles. My first couple of laps in iR I spun out, frequently. You need to get used to anticipating the slide super early and take less risks in the first place. I think this is less realistic than AC.

Still - I hope you understand - the way it's delivered through the FFB was quite similar. In both titles, something in the FFB tells me "Watch out, there goes the rear!" and I react, accordingly.

chakko likes this.
  6. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

I always found the best thing to do is take each game as it comes and then treat each game is if it is its own car then drive it as best possable , when you start to think "this should be like this sim" or "reality is like this" or "why wont the car do this when it does in x game" then it just gets really frustrating lol , sure one game might be more realistc than another in certain regards and in my opinoin AC is probably one of the most sexy and informative but in the end you are chosing to play x game so have to find a way to enjoy that lol.

It is really interesting how different the titles are both in feel and physics especially when you also consider how close they are in many ways.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hmmm, dunno what make you reply like that. I was trying to convey that I can feel how iR and AC have the same approach to FFB even though the physics under the hood work a bit differently.

I wrote it up at some point: I enjoyed my short experience in iR very much. I had to drive a bit more on the tips of my toes but after getting used to that I really liked it.

But then SRS popped up in AC and the huge iR invest wasn't worth it, anymore.

8. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

I was agreeing with you and just adding to the conversation whilst i have my breakfast coffee lol

SRS for me also filles that iRacing comp aspect without the cost / insane practise to just get to a basic level / insane setups to be competitive and with nicer handling cars in my opinion, just needs some more events and I need to make sure I dont miss my own races :( lol

9. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Can we race any of these Ferrari cars on a server with any cars we please?

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

F1 cars are probably locked to other Ferrari F1 cars (in the ACServerManager ;) ), but other than that it works.

11. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

its ok for me to be at work thinking how to be fastest in the 288gto and not doing any work at all?

i tried to explain to my boss cant get the car under 7:19 in BTG Nür, he look at me for a moment and say:- get your tyre pressure in opt t° and don't be afraid of the oversteer, ride it like a wave

Orne, LeDude83, Guidofoc and 3 others like this.
  12. chakko

chakko Alien

I agree, and that's also the biggest point of criticism i have with iRacing. If you take a look at onboards from real racing, especially Formula racing, they correct, and oversteer the whole time. Not possible like that in iRacing, and that takes a LOT of fun for me, because racing is about working on the limit, correcting, and being able to control the car on the limit. iRacing takes that from you, in my opinion. You learn to drive ultra smooth, even avoiding the limit. That's not what it's like in real life.

13. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Off topic but I just came to think of the awesome battle between Lando Norris and Joel Eriksson that took place this weekend at Red Bull Ring.

Race starts 9 minutes in.

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Its more than a bit amusing to realize that the 250 GTO is more demanding to drive in many ways than the Maserati 250F. After 30 laps in the GTO I jumped into the 250F and it felt so much less demanding than the GTO.

I've watched a few in car recordings of the GTO at Goodwood and it seems Kunos as nailed the handling as the drivers are quite busy sawing at the wheel ! lolz

ALB123 and LeDude83 like this.
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sorry, but you're actually wrong here.
    Performance (at least with slick tyres) is pretty much always about avoiding tyre slip and that means you need to be as smooth as possible.

Yes, you see a lot of corrections, but these are corrections without oversteer, to stay on the limit right before tyre slip.
    (So basically corrections to take a smooth line.)

16. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I agree. You can use more throttle on 250F until the car spin. On 250 GTO you have a small window between understeer and spin, you have to be precisely on throttle on this car.

Orne likes this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Be a bit careful with interpretations there. Sometimes it just looks as if the drivers are really busy because the steering is quite indirect (meaning large lock-to-lock). So the movements look exaggerated.
    Don't know from the top of my head if this is the case for the GTO as well, but it is for many cars.

18. Orne

Orne Alien

I agree. Also with the GTO its hellacious until you are in second gear and above 6k RPM after that things settle down a bit..... a bit ! ha ! After 30 laps at historic Zandvoort in the 250 GTO , every other car in AC feels like a Mazda MX5, hahaha.

GTO is fun once you calibrate your brain to its narrow tolerances. Brush braking for the win !

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

Sure always good to be cautious although what else do I have to go on ? The movements don't look exaggerated to me, more like quick and precise, similar to the in car videos I've seen of the Ford GT40.

Handling of the 250LM seems similar to the GTO as well.

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah working hard for sure, but they aren't getting in the extremes. :) E-types seems quite a lot wilder, they are less advanced cars for sure, no downforce. I wonder what are downforce figures for 250GTO, should check that in the apps.

Here is Bizzarrini talking about his baby, I recommend to watch this whole series of videos, what a man, there aren't much like that anymore. Ferrari GTO prototype was FASTER than F1 cars of that time, at least in that particular practice session. Of course they were only 1500cc, but whatever, probably weighted as much as the drivers lol

I have already posted this video in the GTO thread, but whatever, forgive me please. Talk about GTO starts at 5:30

Orne likes this.