1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Are you talking Dirt Rally or Dirt 4?

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Dirt Rally.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Have no idea what you are talking about then. Did you have all assists off?

Dean Ogurek and sacredaardvark like this.
  4. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I think he's having a stroke. o_O

Or he's just a poor troll resorting to inane hyperbole... :rolleyes:

5. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Of course all assists off, I take my sims as realistic as possible. My post was directed more towards people who ponder if to get it or not. I am not going to have any kind of argument with fanboys like @sacredaardvark, it would be a waste of time for both participants.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Dirt Rally's often criticized for the cars not having enough weight and being too loose in their handling / Dirt4 cars drive like they are in deep ruts all the time / Both feel wrong on tarmac with too much grip & lack of convincing FFB but, of the two - it's no contest; Dirt Rally FTW. Is it more realistic? I don't know but, it's certainly way more fun IMO. Both titles fail to provide good game-FFB though, and that's another case where the perceived realism in handling gets really muddy.

7. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I'm a DR fanboy?
    [​IMG]

I certainly wouldn't call DR a sim, but your comments were flat out ridiculous. :rolleyes:

8. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I think you should try these mods..or rfpe or rfpe+alternate physics(the best for me is the second choice),even vanilla game is the best and most fun rally game to date (excluding rbr). Its not a full sim, but is the best rally game on the market right now..with these mods is even better..so try it(-;

9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

New CTF files tested by me ( work in progress ) PS: I like it(-;

LeDude83 and cerebralvortex like this.
  10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

11. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

12. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Ace Pumpkin and cerebralvortex like this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

To me Dirt Rally's cars feel heavier than those in RBR. RBR was good, but the cars to me always felt way too light. I would question DR's car behavious in the Monte Carlo stages, maybe Baumholder also is not too convincing, but the others are fine, as far as I'm concerned. Th FFB, often criticised, is somethign I especially like in DR. I get along with it very well, it improves my feeling of what the car is doing.

So much in these debates about how realistic this is and how unrealistic that is, is about subjective perception, individual tatstes and preferences, hear-say turned into fact in absence of own experience, all this made even more difficult by different hardware tuned to different ingame options levels.

The big question is: does one enjoy what one gets with a gamee, or not. If yes, continue, if not: stop playing. :) Obviously he who allows his tastes to stray a little and to show appetite for some more diversity, has more options to chose from. And two games feeling identical, in the end are just one game: if there is no difference, then there is no difference.

MsportDAN, Dean Ogurek and paul_wev like this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thank you for the updates and please keep them coming. I wish to get back into DR some time soon. I only tried it briefly on my notebook with a gamepad and I quite liked it. If the physics improve a bit, it'll be a great on-the-go racing fix for me.

What was always missing was properly sustainable powerslides but I understand this has been much improved with this mod, right?

Ace Pumpkin and miky like this.
  15. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Im not the creator of this mod..im only a tester and if you want the most realistic mod for dirt rally, you should try it.. tire grip, slip angle, power, car weights ecc. have been improved for match real life data..on racedepartement page there are more description for understand what the mod have improved..and yes powerslides are more convincing now, tarmac grip has improved so much! The worst aspect of vanilla game, now is one of the strongest (-;

LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Of course, you are correct in regard to our personal perspective, preferences and enjoyment derived from playing such titles. The rest is just noise and can be ignored or seen as folly and at some point, realism may be totally over-rated anyway and there is a reason we play games in place of having driving / racing experiences in the real-world. :)

In regard to the FFB in CM titles, it just doesn't compare (IMO) to what we enjoy in AC / AM / rF2 - no matter what wheel is used. The closest I've experienced in DR / D4 is using the AccuForce with telemetry-based FFB but, even then - the physics model just doesn't seem to be able to provide the basis for the same level of detailed FFB - especially on tarmac. It doesn't really matter though, because there aren't many options in Rally - especially if we prefer the graphics / features and audio that the CM titles offer. At some point, the FFB and handling has to be judged on a sliding scale unless something better comes along. Until then, RBR / DR & mods are likely to remain among the best choices for Rally / Sim fans but, that's just from my own perspective.

Accurate or not, the titles we play most influence our perspective and preferences. Once a certain standard is achieved, other titles are bound to be judged by it but, as I have said many times; I also believe we can adapt to different titles far better than we often lead on. There just has to be enough interest and willingness to give them a chance.

I currently have six racing titles active in my library and that's more than I can ask for really but, if there is one genre that could do with some advancement, it's Rally.

marcinmarcin79 likes this.
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

There is a NGP plugin which improves physics. The cars feel heavier and less powered and suposedly more realistic.

marcinmarcin79 likes this.
  18. konnos

konnos Simracer

Thanks for bringing up this mod. Maybe it will bring my attention to that worthwhile game, I bought it on sale and played it so little hehe.

@Dean Ogurek Could you point me to the link you are talking about with ffb from telemetry please?

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Dirt Rally in VR - holy cow, that is an experience! Most superb.

Ricky Reject likes this.
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It's only relevant for use with the AccuForce wheel & SimCommander (SC4) unfortunately. I'm planning on swapping back to it for a time so I can play DR and test it with R3E & PC2.

Once upon a time, there was talk of SimCommander supporting other DD-wheels but, things have been very quiet on that front. IIRC, Fanatec has hinted at something similar with their new DD-wheels and perhaps that could be implemented for the CSW hardware (?).