1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #76 - I racconti di Silverstone

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Its all about the last corner. Maximizing your lap time means we should always gamble the last corner and play safe for the rest, I think the last corner best time delta to my average time is almost 2 sec or more.

olevet likes this.
  2. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Current Standings

1- 1.38.395 Andy-R- PC
    2- 1.38.613 V8_KB- PC
    3- 1.38.933 Daniel Perez- PC
    4- 1.39.730 Pretend racer- PC
    5- 1.40.027 the3ws- PS4
    6- 1.40.650 Justray2000- PC
    7- 1.41.214 BrainsBush- PC
    8- 1.41.556 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    9- 1.41.882 ForcefulOdin36- PC
    10- 1.42.537 lemans86400- PS4
    11- 1.42.569 iannixxemakis- PC
    12- 1.42.630 Plastic_Manc- PC
    13- 1.44.163 Chaos_Cris- X1

3. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

By the way,sugestions for the next WHL?no one sugests anything in a long time,you guys are allowed to give your opinion you know?this isnt a dictatorship (well...):D

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Here are a few:

BMW 1M S3 at RBR National
    Lamborghini Gallardo S3 as it has never been used.
    A mutli-car WHC... Mazda MX5 Cup & Abarth 500 AC at Silverstone International (should be close enough at that track to do this, maybe I should double check for the best track if there's interest.)
    Abarth 595SS S2

5. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Nice combo...hope I'll find some time this week to give it a shot:)
    About sugestions for next WHL...what about the Abarth 595SS S2 that Andy mentioned on Highlands short? We never had this Track in WHL when I'm not wrong.

6. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1.38.490 PC
    1_38_490.jpg

7. Seems like the lap time result bell curve of console players is slightly faster than RSR PC lap time. At least 3 console players from this event is faster than the WR in RSR. Two possible reason. 1. All the best sim racer play console? 2. The console difficulty level is lower than PC.

Do you think 1 is true? I think its one

8. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Karts?

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well, if you want to maximize your lap time you have to gamble in every corner. You wont be fast by playing it safe anywhere. ;)

It's 3.
    3 - the well known aliens are not using RSR anymore* and/or not playing AC.

RSR nowadays gives you an idea about the car's pace, not its ultimate performance (in most cases).

*Some of the people got fed up with leaderboard resets back in the day when AC was receiving more updates, often changing cars performance.

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.41.667 - X1X - G920

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Every session I think I'm going to find the secret to going faster, and the tenths will tumble off my time. Every session I'm wrong. I've tried changing my braking points, but my times are pretty consistent.

I feel like I'm on throttle early. Obviously not early enough. Andy are you waiting until you can get to 100%, or are you modulating the throttle?

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

^ It's just dawned on me that the console S cars might not have adjustable boost like on PC? Which would effect the 1M S3 (great car and appropriate on
    semislicks) and the crazy 1200BHP Lambo.

I would have set my time on RSR but I had to disable the app as it started logging laps when the app isn't open and we race at 97% grip in MP normally so I had to keep deleting lap times from my profile.

14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.40.965 - X1X

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

As a general rule I try never to go on throttle until I know I wont have to take my foot off again. Understeer on power can be an issue because MR so in that case I would modulate to not run wide into a bush. On this track that isn't much of an issue though so mostly up to full throttle very quickly I think. Make sure you are using all the road and don't try and push too hard and run wide through the turns. Get it to the apex and then plant the throttle. I will upload a view from above of my lap later incase it helps.

16. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Andy, for the advice. A video would be very helpful.

Totall Wrytoff and Andy-R like this.
  17. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.39.883
    upload_2018-4-18_16-45-52.jpeg

Perseverance is king.

Here's the video. Suggestions/comments welcome.

DonZmeuheu, paul_wev, olevet and 7 others like this.
  18. wow, lap was pretty clean only slightly unstable for T1 exit. otherwise, very well done

olevet likes this.
  19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. It felt good. I lost the best part of two tenths between Becketts and the braking zone of Stowe. On the plus side, that's possibly the best I've ever taken Stowe. I also lost a very small amount of time through Woodcote judging on the speed across the line.

Amazing to think there's another 1.5 seconds to be had based on Andy's time.

olevet and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  20. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Indeed great lap! In comparison with my laps I can see your breakpoints are miles further (and better). Hopefully tomorrow some time to give it a go again.
    Now enjoying the pre summer. 27 degrees today...