1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.5 Update is out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VTX, Mar 31, 2016.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I havent tried this car in a while, I may setup a server with both and see if thats the case for others too. Possibly your running cold temps and very low grip where the hard slicks may not be getting up to temp?

What track settings are you running temps and grip level?

I will also post this video of our latest league round. Its a reverse grid season and this particular race had a fair bit of rubbing. It does show the new collisions in AC 1.5.6 fairly well I think.

2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah, part of the changelog seems to have been lost in translation, a few recently reported minor gfx bugs got fixed on the cars you mentioned.

Seria17hri11er, Epistolarius and Jaye like this.
  3. you reverse the grid manually? stracker?

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im not sure how its done as @WallyM is our league admin and I think he uses a custom method. He doesnt run stracker on the league nite server but likely uses a version of his log parse tool to do this but he may be able to say more here as I am purely guessing. The format we are running for 3 races per round is race 1 of each round is on season order in full reverse, those with no points start at the back. Then race 2 and 3 are reverse of the previous race with DNF's also starting at the back. The only qualifying for the season was for race 1 of round 1 but all other races will be revers grid and this has been quite fun and more enjoyable then the regular follow the leader with minimal passing format with regular qualy and racing.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, it's a "custom method". Enough said.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  6. I have tested both versions of the car with semislick tyres. The grip is set to 100%, and the track temperature is 32C. Maybe the S3 version does not have that ESD feature, so there is less overall traction? I am just a bit puzzled because the S3 is over 400kgs lighter than the standard car.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I also just noticed you said Vallelunga club, thats a crazy short and tight circuit probably Vallelunga classic would be a better option for these but I will try them at club. Laptimes must be very quick so .5 of a second is probably still a reasonable margin.

Edit I put up a server with these cant remember track grip settings but factory ABS only, s3 cars are all red, grey black and standards are white or yellow. Not tyre blankets and both cars on ss only.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  8. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Great, thanks!

AlleyViper likes this.
  9. The slick tires on the s3 version are what makes it so much faster than the base version. When you put semislicks on it the only difference is it weighs a bit less and has a bit stiffer suspension; how much difference do you expect on a tiny little track that you never get out of third gear on?

10. I was just surprised, that's all. It weighs a lot less than the standard car, but I guess getting the power down is more difficult in the S3 version on such a tight track.

11. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Now the 458 S3 has two types of slick tyres, hard and mediums.

Its very hard to drive with cold tyres, so be slow on the first laps, than you will see how fast is this car.

12. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Amazing race!

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is the most typical example of "in vehicle handling there is no rule but compromise".

You see the car is much stiffer and lighter (so even more stiff) than the road one. It also produces more downforce. All in all it is setup for the grip provided by slick tyres. When you put semislick tyres on it, they simply can't handle the extra loads and their performance is actually worse than if you use them on the street car.

But you asked for them so I thought it was a great example to learn something new. I was just waiting a post like this. Congrats you did well noticing ;)

14. Thanks for the explanation, Aris. I was worried that I was doing something wrong! I actually like the challenge of the semislick tyres on this car (and the Ferrari F40 S3 for that matter), so thank you very much for adding them ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

just installed v1.5.8 and I am very happy to see the change log. Thank you for addressing the reverb in-game, Kunos.

Epistolarius and ears1991 like this.
  16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

for the karma points
    - Tweaked tracks reverb levels
    - Tweaked Corvette C7 Stingray idle and exterior volumes
    - Tweaked Ferrari 458 GT2 exterior volume
    - Tweaked P4/5 Competizione limiter sound
    - Fixed Steam achievements limit
    - Several special events (quick race mode) have been rebalanced because of AI improvements

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Can't wait to try updated reverb effects. I didn't like it in 1.5 so those tweaks are something I was looking forward to.
    Nice to see KS working fast.

18. myimac

myimac Alien

Lotus cup special event is still broken

19. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Also a stealth fix for the Monza66 Special Events that got broken in previous patch.

By broken do you mean "too difficult" or "does not start" ?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  20. myimac

myimac Alien

Too difficult as in you need a different car.