1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.5 Update is out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VTX, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kro

kro Simracer

So far in posts away from these forums it's "They dumbed down the game for consoles" that's what everyone is saying ... lol Placebo?

I must say some of the players in our league have been boasting on how much faster they are in v1.5.xxx and the cars drive a lot easier for them now ..

I don't feel the "Floateness" like skybird describes but it does appear to be a lot easier for me to floor the cars around like a mad man where I would for sure have crashed before lol, now I can just hammer the car and not worry about it spinning out .. lol

Is it more fun now ? yes ..

Is it easier to drive now ? for me yes ...

Did they in fact dumb it down? .. who knows I personally don't care either way , I play for fun ..its a game .. and im having a lot more fun with AC now ..

I always believed that most sims were to far off with the way the cars so easily would spin out .. so is it closer to reality as most all the locals here say ?

who knows .. lol

Placebo ................. :rolleyes:

esox71 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I also do not agree with "floatiness".

I think I can describe at least types of floatiness in sims:
    R3E: Most of the cars for me felt floaty until last physics update, kind of like rear bouncing left and right when trying to drive straight (like deadzone in the physics/FFB). Also this kind of "floatiness" applies to Flat6 (rFactor 2 mod).
    pCars: unlike in R3E the rear doesn't bounce, but many cars feel like they are always sliding/moving way before the limit, lack of tight feel of the grip/road, but over the limit doesn't "bite". Hence the "project boats" jokes.

I would say some pCars like "floatiness" was introduced in 1.3 patch . The cars were sliding/understeering/oversteering all the time under the limit, but over the limit it would not snap as expected. Most likely related to inability to heat the tyres, hence sliding because of low grip.

In 1.5 this feeling is gone now, cars feel very tight under the limit but bite over the limit (no R3E nor pCars "floatiness" as described above).

LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

I was wondering: I noticed that the speed on the dash of the Mc Laren mp4 is now in km/h instead of mph. The new corvette is indicated in mph. Is there a setting to change this?

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Not that I know of.

5. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Thanks.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Its all subjective but the wheel is also a factor.

When transitioning from my DFGT to T300 around a month ago everything felt like it had weight, based on the weight distribution the car would want to go somewhere and the motor had the power to tell me that. I did however notice bumps less.

Going back to the DFGT i noticed that i found it harder to then balance the car, things like trail braking was way harder. On the other hand i could recover more easily, when the car snaps the motor is weaker way weaker, there are times where ive had to brutally fight the t300

I cant put my finger on why but FWD feels way more satisfying with the T300 for some reason.

Ignoring my opinions though my point is that setup has a massive effect on the experience, we dont even know if that setup is fully working, some wheels have features to help against inaccuracy, some dont.

I'm currently happy with it but i can respect someone's decision if they dont like it.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sounds like a possibility dude.

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good attitude dude....

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Nonsense. I am with AC since its tech demo came out, and have given it plenty, truckloads of praise, especially for its physics and how much I enjoyed them. Since two years I did that. I had a quarrel with the AI for some months, which meanwhile got repaired and so the basis of that quarrel is no longer existent in its former state. - But now that I say with tyres v7 I see AC having taken a step backwards, most people cannot answer without either taking kind of a personal stab at me, or focussing on things that I should have said or implied, but actually have not said or implied. That pretty much sounds like "either give praise only, else..."

Can't you simply leave it to saying that you disagree with me for this or that given reason? Sober, and without putting things in my mouth or implying interpretations my words do not support? Nowhere I have demanded anyone to necessarily agrere with me and give up his own opinion.

The cars drift, slide, float more for me in the current version of AC, than before. I never said it has always been like this, nor have I implied that. I say it is since 1.5, tyres v7, that i started to think about it in these terms. I think the effects are overdone, they do not convince me, do not provide me with the convincing illusion of steering a vehicle which has mass of a certain total weight. They sometimes feel like paper cars to me now, and always driving on ice. And yes, before some laserbrain brigns that up again, I am pefrectly aware of the relation between hiogh speed, turn radius and cornering grip. Just take it for granted that wantign to taske turns at too high speeds is not what I am talking about, okay? ;) It has not been like that before, it now is - that's how I now see it after around one week or ten days with the new version.

---

And the criticism of the RR thread. I always tried to make a balanced, unbiased, informative stand there. Yes, I like RR, I also like AC, and I run the same thread in reverse, an AC thread at S3 forums, which has almost as many pages and posting, and that lists all AC acchievements and announcements as well. I never said, as you claimed, that I want people only commenting positively on RR in that thread, that only praise shall be allowed - where have you taken that from? What I said back then, because there was some hostility in the air at that time, was something like this: that certain people endlessly project hostile "vibes" or derogatory comments, and post comments close to personal attacks, and that I would like to see that stopping, and that personally I prefer to not waste my time on a thread about a sim I do not like (rF2 as an example), but that i think my time is better spend in participating in threads about things that i enjoy and that I like. In other words I did not want to censor opinion or content, but called for people to moderate their temper/behaviour. Nobody likes a party pooper endlessly lamenting how bad the world is. Its also a waste of lifetime to do so, endlessly, again and again. And that difference between opinion and behaviour, gentlemen, is a huge difference. - I like AC, and have been a long time fan of it. I am a stubborn defender of it, namely in S3 forums, time and again. At subsim.com, a quite large community that I belonged to for 15 years, I once ran a long time thread on AC covering the whole EA phase. What I do for RR here, I do in return for AC in S3's forum, I inform on the developments, trailers, and what I think of new content and what I like, and how I compare it to certain details in the other sim, I also try to answer questions. To me, both sim titles are almost like twin brothers, by sentiment. I do like this here, and I do the same there, on equal terms. So, consider all that, please. I "stole" no users away from the one sim in favour of the other, but I was successful in raising interest and making some people knowing the one sim now playing the other sim as well, together with the first one, like I do myself. Everybody wins, both studios win as well and certainly suffer no loss. Why do some people react almost insulted, aggressive, derogatory, if they see somebody not exclusively playing their sim of choice only, but playing another one as well, why must people turn angry there? Me, when I see people talking about a racing sim I do not like or have no interest in - I simply leave them alone and stay out of it. Again, rF2 as my example, or PC. I have no horses in those races. I do not like rF2 or PC. But I must not constantly tell people that I do not like it. That raises only angry sentiments sooner or later.

---

I have understood that of those people who replied in here, nobody shares my opinion on tyres v7 being a step backwards. Some stayed sober in their reply, and I appreciate it and accept the disagreement, of some guys this soberness was too much asked for, and I appreciate such replies much less, obviously. You have your views and preferences, and I have mine, I never demanded anyone to necessarily agree with me - at best I implied the question of whether somebody actually agrees with me. We still agree on many other things regarding AC, but here now is somethign where I reserve the right to disagree with your group consensus. Not more and not less. Live with it, and bear like a man what you must bear. You know that you can. ;)

I'm out here.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Dookie, Freddie Seng, esox71 and 3 others like this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I hit like not because I feel the same about 1.5 update/V7 tyres, but because I support your opinion that is completely different than mine. Because you do it in a civilized way, not yelling "1.5 is sheit and arcade, back to [name of another game]".
    ---------------------

That MP4-12C speedo is a funny thing. (IIRC) At first it was in mph then km/h then mph again and now we are back to km/h.

Slavc, Dookie, Minolin and 2 others like this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

For me the new dash cam has helped with speed sensation and road visibility, without needing to use a low fov.
    The pagani huayra top gear tyres start with 0.85 grip from what I remember (I think is the most severe one), so you need some good track to heat its tyres. Nuburgring GP isn't that good for these tyres, but Spa can get you to optimum temps in a lap or so. For Nurb GP go with hypercar road tyres, as the starting tyres grip is higher and easier to put temperatures into the optimum zone. Use the new Tyres app and try to reach Green color for the tyres.
    Other thing I could recommend is to go with tyre blankets, enable them in the assists menu.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

That's the spirit, thanks!

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ok Skybird...
    1. TlDr
    2.no one attacks you in person here
    3. Your ductus is that of a merchant. Srry if I took that wrong....
    4. Your criticism of AC isn't shared for a reason.
    5. The head keep cool, the foot keep warm, and don't overdo that charm...
    :D:)

Andrex, LeDude83 and muckymu like this.
  14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i changed my mind, IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME FACE MY WRATH :p

pankykapus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@Skybird
    It seems not many share same floaty/sliding experience regarding V7 tires as you suggest. Actually people who didn't like V7 said the opposite - that there is too much grip and that the cars are less alive (which seems to be true until you go over the limit).

I am wondering if your issue could be related to particular cars (and its setups). e.g. someone complained about BMW E30 being too much oversteery especially at low speeds. It's possible that some light cars which can't keep the heat in the tyres could be too oversteery/understeery/skitish. Also default setups might be ineffective since tire model updates.
    In normal condition (warm tires) majority of cars provide a tight and grippy feel under the limit.

Also keep in mind that this skitishness =/= floatiness (as in R3E or pCars)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Still Im seeing people struggle quite badly in MP in 1.5. Maybe you guys are playing with all the aids on and tyre blankets. No damage or tyre wear at optimal conditions. That would be pretty much all sim features turned off. ;) Sure with tc it should be hard to spin as thats kind of the point of it in any car.

I even put up a fixed setup server in the new old abarth s2 at Monza 66. This I thought would be about the easiest combo but nope most could not get around a lap.

Gt3 cars at Brands hatch with people spinning everywhere, no tyre blankets allowed with factory ABS and TC. Slightly reduced track grip, so these people that cant spin surely arent turning up to my servers lol.

Sure some cars are faster mostly gt3 but they were too slow in 1.4.3 vs real world so that was needed. To me they are noneasier to drive then before but theyve always been pretty easy to drive. Going quick in them is a different story but most should be able to get around a lap with the gentelmen racers assists enabled. :D

We have the opitom to dumb the fame down as much as we want but can also make it much more sim. People choose how they want to playband those that turn everything off good on them. I wouldnt do it but if it means they can have fun in the same game I can then thats great.

They may have issues in certain servers and a good reason why a few join then quickly rage quit when they learn they now cant even do a lap.

17. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Went to Monza for the first time since 1.5, MP as always.
    What an amazing experience.
    Love your work Kunos with all my heart.:p:cool:;)

Had been to SPA noticed the improvement, but Monza, ohh.

Kunos we need Hockenheimring, the cathedral.

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

There are many, many variables that account for different feelings. Even with the same wheel hardware, there are a multitude of controller and FFB settings that could influence the feel of the car on track. That's why you have such a diverse range of opinions from high praise to condemnation.

Kristaps likes this.
  19. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Yes, placebo effect and confirmation bias definitely play a part in discussions like this. What you are describing can be a perfect example. "People over here are saying this, and also that. I feel it too!" Not judging the observations one way or the other.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. kro

kro Simracer

Exactly ! Placebo in its purest form ! ! Lol

@ martcerv , the players im talking about are already fast accomplished drivers from the league we dont use any aids with the exception of factory tc and abs for the cars that have it irl , only a handfull of players actually use them but they are allowed on the server as long as the real car/series is allowed to use them .. Normal drivers are now faster and the aliens ! well i never see them anymore untill there lapping me lol

I must admit the cars seem easyer to drive for me ,this goes along with my beliefe that the real cars are simply not that hard to drive 'except when you push and go over the edge ' but any car , truck or tractor will act this way once its reached it's limmet ... Thats where driver skill takes over and it seems easyer now to maintain & recover then it used to be ... Is it more realistic ?? Who knows ? all players have deferent expectations and the results vary all across the board Good? Bad ? Better for the masses? Who knows ..

To me it's all good but im werd ! Heh , I also enjoy some pcars now and then & rf2 gets most of my league time .. But now after the 1.5xx I look forward to the once a week AC races i do ! Where before i would sometimes skip them so thats a good thing for me !!

I'll take my meds now ....
    Wtf is up with the line outs lol ?
    :confused:

ZethGAF likes this.