1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

asking for help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, May 2, 2014.

1. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

What ov1 said. I would watch the skip barber video to try to improve your technique and that should shave at least a few seconds off. that steering wheel cant be much worse than a red momo and i can get pretty decent times with it or get kinda close to my times with my fanatec gt3rs wheel . Lastly are you using any driving aids they can help and hinder lap times depending on driving skill.

ov1diu likes this.
  2. william1141

william1141 Simracer

oh look there is a vid uploaded now
    you can watch how fantastic (not) my skills are

3. william1141

william1141 Simracer

oops here it is

4. william1141

william1141 Simracer

look at my vid it has now stable fps mixed with super crappy racing skills

5. william1141

william1141 Simracer

no driving aids has been used

6. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

you get a decent wheel yet?

7. william1141

william1141 Simracer

what do you mean with ''decent wheel''? i've already a new steering wheel

8. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Looking at your video you have too much clipping on your wheel. Its not giving you a true feeling of whats happening mid corner. Also your FPS is a little low. Turn some stuff down and try to keep it above 60. Also turn off the assists, after 5 laps you should not need a driving line, you should know where to brake especially at Monza.

If you ever get a chance to try some different wheels out, don't pass up the opportunity.

alex72 likes this.
  9. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Good news!

Your wheel isn´t affecting that much. Thats because you´re not close to the limit to feel the need for little corrections.

So there´s two basic things you need to work, braking and "The Line". Since your line will never be correct if your speed is off because of bad braking, start with the brakes.

First and foremost, turn on abs. I´m usually against aids, but in this case it will help you understand how to brake properly. You´re braking three times in some places. The right technique is to brake only once, very hard, then release it progressively to avoid locking up , and end the braking phase just as you arrive at the turn in point.

Look at this graph

[​IMG]

Give 100%, then relase it, as you end the release phase, the corner should be very close, then just "place" the car into it.

You can compare this graphi with the telemetry in AC (if i´m not mistaken there´s a channel for brakes there).

william1141 likes this.
  10. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Not a combo i've driven yet, but i'll get some laps in later for a comparison.

Some obvious things though are you're not using all the road in a lot of corners..your lines need improving. It looks like you're a gear too low at least in a lot of corners. Varianti Ascari is probably your worst section, you are losing a lot of time in there... you can really attack that section a lot harder.

Getting a great corner exit is very important at Monza. Every km/h gained on exit will gain you a lot of time by the end of the next straight. A good setup is extremely important at Monza. You want as little downforce as you can get away with because its all long straights.

As i said, i'll do some laps there later and try to give you a more detailed response and upload a replay for you. I'm not great in that car (hardly ever driven it) and monza isn't my best track either, but i'll do what i can.

DISCLAIMER: If MP gets released today you might have to wait until tomorrow until i get round to testing ;)

11. william1141

william1141 Simracer

above 60 fps!? oh crap now i need to turn off everything

12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'd suggest braking a little earlier to ensure you are on the right line so you can attack the corners better. As The Moose said, exiting the corners cleanly and quickly will gain you more time than braking late and making a mess of the corner.
    Also make use of the rev band, you seem to be shifting a bit too early.
    If you're new to sims I'd probably start with a different car too, at least until you're comfortable with your hardware. Try a lower powered Lotus, they are more forgiving.

13. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i have used the lotus exige 240R and i am so bad at driving that car that well i have drifted through every corner from monza and my laptimes were a total piece off crap i was so ashamed that i have deleted the lap times (last lap time on lotus exige 240R is: 3.42.871)

14. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Did you guys watch the video? braking like a taxi driver is the biggest problem there... No one brake 3 times (on and off) before a corner.

15. william1141

william1141 Simracer

good news! i have taken the curves more aggressive and at higher speed more power and one time braking it was a little hard to keep the car under control but after 10+ laps i just gotten 1:58:002 so that is an improvement of 1.828 sec now it is very hard to get a better lap time (for me then)

The Moose likes this.
  16. william1141

william1141 Simracer

oi i am still a noob with the age of 14 so it is hard for me to change from arcade race games to an serious simulation race game

17. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

I´m not bashing you, its just it is the most obvious mistake, You should brake only once. Don´t be afraid to use abs, it will help you to get confidence on the brakes. Smash it.

18. william1141

william1141 Simracer

let's smash the brakes then :p but.. i think you maybe read some of my comments because somewhere on this page there is a comment from me that i improved the laptimes :cool:

19. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Well done! Thats a decent improvement in just a few laps. Just keep practising. Remember, dont worry too much about braking as late as possible, carrying as much speed as possible through the corners and getting a great corner exit is the most important thing here.

william1141 likes this.
  20. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

But braking is a basic technique, it isnt about braking as late as possible. Its just about braking the right way!

There´s not much point in maximizing exits and lines if the basics are wrong.

william1141 likes this.