1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

asking for help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, May 2, 2014.

1. william1141

william1141 Simracer

now i have my new steering wheel that is super precise at every touch that i do on that wheel.
    i really need help now. I wanna get fast lap times.. but somehow how good i drive the circuit my laps in hotlap mode is at least 8 sec longer then the others so what is the secret? faster through corners? lower percentage on fuel? or more training? tell me if it is needed i will upload a vid.
    (i'm still a noob so any help will be appreciated)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues (SOLVED) Handicapped user asking help Mar 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Asking for curiosity: whats up with Fanatech wheels and AC? Sep 21, 2016
    Bug reports XB1 Asking to delete locally saved games... Sep 16, 2016
    Suggestions Let's talk weather (I am not asking for rain). Aug 15, 2016
    Tracks modding Asking for a track Apr 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Considering upgrading my sli setup, asking for advice Jan 7, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Every mp server asking me for a password. Oct 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ps4 port? (not asking for it, looks like its happening) May 12, 2015
    3D car models [Gimp] Begginner questions / asking for advice Jun 13, 2014

3. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

Now I'm busy locking threads and banning trolls, but if you search the forum there are some good posts that could help you, expecially on lines, braking, slow in - fast out.

Lucas Safferson and Snarffu like this.
  4. jamba

jamba Racer

8 sec is nothing else then = training training and againg training.
    After training , go again with training.

Maranello46 and Snarffu like this.
  5. I'm down to 5 secs of RSR top times after about 130 hours of in game time practice lots and then it comes down to set ups. but don't do set ups until you are at the limit of what you can do and run 3 or four laps constantly

6. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i will have to say this but i am searching longer than you think i'm not just searching since this post but i am already searching for about 2 weeks so i wanted to ask people what kind of tips they have

Bram likes this.
  7. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Post a vid with the pedals app showing and we can work from there.

Remember, most of the people at the top of the leaderboards are very experienced sim racers, have hundreds of thousands of laps under their belts, and a lot of them have been sim racing longer than you've been alive ;) So dont worry too much about your pace right now...it will come with practice...lots of it.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Snarffu likes this.
  8. cimenTo

cimenTo Racer

well i'm not a master but i'm still trying to get 1:44:00 or 1:45:00 at imola with the z4 gt3... i'm driving my hands off on this track over and over again..
    tried different setups by myself and tried to be faster on some corners... sometimes it works, sometimes.. mehh just ****.. everytime just getting laps with 1:46 to 1:47

learning the track and adjusting setups is the key to victory i guess.. keep practicing! :)

PS: i dont know if i'm losing speed and time because of that (but i think i do), i'm accelerating and braking with right foot.. no left foot braking here... on sequential cars

on H-shifter cars left foot is clutch as usual and no toe/heel driving

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

practice. I myself went from 10-12 secs behind WR in Nov/Dec, to about 5-7 secs now (I tend to be around 105-108% of WR as seen in RSR). Just keep lapping.

And then there is the Skip Barber YouTube vid, or the Speed Secret books by Ross Bentley, for the theory.

10. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

fershlugg and Shaddix like this.
  11. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

The key is to realize what you´re doing wrong (wich obviously isn´t easy :) ). Setup is secondary.

And lots of drivers right foot brake gt cars in rl, so its not a big issue.

12. I'm willing to bet most of his problem is his wheel...do a google search on it

13. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

first of all try all cars and find the ones you like/feels good to you.
    For example i`m on top 50 rsr with the lotus exos 125 on the tracks i like( to be honest you have to have realistic expectations there are people who are AMAZING at sim racing and have extreme setups so dont aim for the WR..yet :D so after a lot of training breaking in top 50 from a few hunderds was a big deal for me) ...but i`m really medicore with gt3 cars so it matters what you want to race, because you need to invest time with a single car to learn it.

However go practice with a chosen car, at least 1 day then go and download yourself a nice setup practice a lot more and be amazed.

Also your wheel has only 180 grades of rotation wich can be a massive incovenient but you can live with it i think.

14. william1141

william1141 Simracer

which track? which car?

15. william1141

william1141 Simracer

no

16. Bram

Bram Tux Tunny

An 8 second gap to the aliens can be reduced (with lots of training) to a 1 second gap for almost everybody. But that damn last second is raw talent 'Huttu-Gen' that unfortunately not everybody has. :)

A video of yourself driving a lap on track would help already for giving some advice to you.

17. It's a $40 wheel that suction cups to a table top and only has 180 degrees of rotation. Pretty sure it is holding you back.

18. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Whatever you like.

It's best when you are new to a sim or sim racing in general to stick to 1 or 2 cars on one track and just practice the hell out of them. You wont get fast switching cars every 10 mins.

Just seen Mikes post.. Your wheel certainly isn't going to help matters i'm afraid. :(

19. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well i can take sharper turns than before with that old 2001 vintage steering wheel

20. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

This video was posted a lot of times before, but here you go:

People keep saying practice, practice and more practice. Which is not entirely true. If you don't know or understand what your mistakes are, you're just going to repeat them over and over again and reach a plateau pretty fast which will stop you from improving any further. Get yourself educated, read books, watch videos from professionals and start learning what your mistakes are. I'm doing that myself. It's the only advice I can give you. Get informed!

fershlugg and rzr1 like this.
  21. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

that, combined with playing on a laptop with 25-65fps

alex72 likes this.