1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

asking for help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, May 2, 2014.

1. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

This video if from 1 or 2 days ago...

This car doens´t have abs, i smash the brakes at every turn, then release it trying to avoid lockup (still locking, but anyway :) ) the point is, brake hard! And only once.

2. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

No, i agree. I wasn't countering your point about braking, i was just trying to make sure he didn't fall into that trap a lot of newcomers do of obsessing over braking later and later to try and gain time, when there is far more time to be gained by making sure your exits are perfect.

Of course a good braking technique is very important indeed. :)

Rodrigo Pires and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  3. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

deleted.

4. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

exactly :)

first, the basics.

The Moose likes this.
  5. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

When you are so far, the more training the better. Don't waste time modifying set ups, asking in forums,... just focus in driving. And you watch as much hot laps as you can - same car and track -.

You are going to notice improvements very soon. :)

6. Benjamin Joel

Benjamin Joel Hardcore Simmer

You should learn the basics of racing first.
    If i let friends drive with my rig i always see the same mistakes:

They are taking the corners to late which results in a smaller radius.
    Try to steer as slightly as possible in every corner. (Look at the link below)

They are trying to take the corners with too much speed.
    By doing that they are not able to early accelarate the car out of the corner which would give them more speed.
    This is very important espacially in corners that are leading to a long straight.
    Earlier accelaration will give you a higher top speed on the straight.
    Better take the corner a bit slower and accelarate earlier out of it.

I'm not a pro racer, but these two things made me go a lot faster and helped me to put up some lap records in other racing games.

Look at tutorials how to do it right.
    On youtube there are some videos of iRacing driving school to help you:

Hope this helpes

The Moose likes this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Hi,
    Your problem is that your wheel is to sensitive because, it only turn 180°. Go to the game setting, over steering wheel pic degress of rotation all over the minimum, i think it is 40°, and go try it.

8. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I also notice your using speed sensitivity. Personally I always have this turned off. It gives you less control and less precision. All of these changes will feel quite alien to begin with but as mentioned by lots of us already its a case of getting used to it and lapping until it becomes normal. As well racing fast people will make you quicker, find a friendly league.

All my controls are setup to be completely linear as its how it should be on my setup. I run a slight accelerator outside deadzone to make sure its 100% and a 2% inside deadzone on all pedals to make sure they not being slightly depressed (personal preference).

Good luck and keep at it.

9. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i will keep that in mind

10. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i already tried that but it takes too sharp turns i mean with too sharp VERY SHARP 210°+