1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Balloons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blamer, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

My fault, I dared to criticize something of the game. Even the Lord judged me.
    Won't happen again, promise. I'll be a respectful sheep.

Edit: last post from me.
    Edit2: I saw what you've done BrunUK, sadly I didn't test it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Kyo

Kyo Racer

Holy **** LMAO! This is the funniest thing I've ever read on a simracing forum. And it hit home so hard for @Bl@m3 he had to quit the forums. :D

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Waiting for screenshots c'mon, where are they ? :D

EDIT:

The guy just left us... IMO wasn't worth it.

When you read negative things on the internet they always seem harsher than they are, especially when they are pointed towards you. Probably thats how women IRL are, they can't bear negative things about them, even if it is about stupidly placed products in a fridge, unless you tell them hundred of positive things before.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

Why is this guy still on the forum?

jc1993, PoisonHeadcrab and nate like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@iVG, well.... he isn't. Just a random thought about whole situation - being able to laugh at yourself really help in life. But as Lord said, some people are just born sad.

aphidgod and PoisonHeadcrab like this.
  6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

DP5 confirmed:
    -3 new types of balloon included, 2 laserscanned, 1 fantasy
    -red ballon
    -green balloon (with DOTS!)
    -Kunos Cat Purrari balloon in collaboration with Ferrari and Deadmau5 (thanks to the licensing team!!!)
    -balloon racing implementation, drag races, hillclimb, quickdrop, ballon wars where balloon pilots and copilots shoot enemy balloons down (esport auxiliary features to be implemented in a future AC version)
    -new ballon cameras, 5 onboard, 3 panoramic
    -balloon ballast system added
    -balloon physics tweaks
    -ballon harpoons
    -balloon hot air flow and pressures readjusted
    -balloon basket materials revision
    -balloon crash animation with mocap passenger ejection on moment of impact
    -ejecto seato, cuz- FMOD addition, still trying to broker a deal with Morgan Freeman for additional recordings
    -new race mode, Chase the balloon where cars chase the balloons on track and try to jump into them using newsly implemented ramps on track, scored events implementation pending
    -balloon crane (Pre Alpha version) balloons can lift cars off track after T1 disasters, FIA requested feature to test feasability in real world applications

As leaked from the K master servers hidden in a balloon on high atmosphere orbit

7. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

People really complain about everything. :confused:

8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

This remembers me the "You have 2 oscillators and detune them, now what?" thread on gearslutz, if there is any synthhead here he will understand...
    Everey good forum needs a thread like this :)

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think they are different persons. Bl@m3 is italian, and the other blame that was banned a long time ago, that also caused trouble on youtube live streams, was from another european country.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I'm sorry, but it's the way you wrote your criticism that makes the reactions in this thread deserved in my opinion. I tried to at least give you the solution but if you criticise Kunos like that instead of giving constructive critique it doesn't feel like you even wanted any help, just complain.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]

Time to get out the laser scanner kunos.

Sorry to see you leave bl@me and those darn balloons are staying.

[​IMG]

12. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

13. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

nate likes this.

14. Well you really shouldn't, in my opinion.

For one, a solution was given to him, rather quickly.

Second, we were effing with him, poking him in the ribs, screwing with him, having a good time. There are a lot of people who don't do that sort of thing, and don't get that sort of thing. They think anytime you poke fun at someone you are really trying to be mean to them, or put them down. Sorry, that isn't always the case. And most gearheads--from my experience--really enjoy screwing with each other for a good laugh.

Ahahahahahaha. KS has to do the cat balloon now!

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  15. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Umm did anybody look at BrunUK's file? He didn't get rid of the balloons. He added like 100 of them

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_ks_nordschleife_14-4-116-9-40-35.jpg

16. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I saw two balloons around the same area in Nordschleife, I got so exited I turned on the virtual mirror while taking the screenshot and that ended up covering both balloons :(
    upload_2016-4-14_16-39-26.png

Luckily I managed to spot them again later, and got my screengrab :)
    upload_2016-4-14_16-39-42.png

Far from breaking immersion, the balloons improve immersion for me, making the tracks feel more organic.

17. Holy ish! AHahahahahahahaha. That is superb. I put my foot in my mouth earlier didn't I. @BrunUK, you should have ended that with a /s :D

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

TDS, aphidgod, martcerv and 3 others like this.
  19. iVG

iVG Alien

OMG what is AC becoming a BALLOON RIDING SIMULATOR?? canny believe thatomg kunos im so disapoint!

PSĀ¬ where the laser scanned wind at?

sarcasm

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

3D clouds would be a massive killer for system performance. I take it you mean volumetric clouds? I don't know. I think the tech is nice, but its too costly for FPS...

I produced a few cloud images which can be used in AC. I think if the skybox/skydome was enhanced a bit they have the potential to look a bit better. They don't look great in all situations, its largely about playing with the settings in order to find a happy medium.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TDS likes this.