1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Balloons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blamer, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, it was just that, but things get easily out of hand. Everybody have to tell you that what you think\like is not correct. It's just correct their way.
    Never mind.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  2. lolz

All you had to do was say "how can I remove the balloons?" And left out

You opened yourself up for poking in the ribs.

3. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

I like the ballons. They're peaceful.
    And this thread is hilarious. :D

4. I remember in the good old days of rFactor at Mid-Ohio there were birds flying over and you had to be careful so they didn't drop any simulated poop on the windshields...

5. I am so pissed off.
    I was dutifully lapping the Ring yesterday, just biding my time until a team engineer realizes what a virtual driving god I am and offers me a contract as a team driver, and I noticed a freaking balloon in the air. What the F? I thought this was a hardcore sim, yet here is a freaking balloon floating in the sky, and it was even all colorful and crap. Well let me tell you what, the stick up my *** started shaking so bad that I couldn't even finish my lap, but really, why even bother practicing when it is so apparent that no team manager would ever scout this arcade *** game for talent. I will also be getting a divorce because my wife had the audacity to smile when she saw the balloon; how I have spent 25 years with a woman that would express joy at such a travesty is beyond me, I guess people do change and I no longer know who she even is.

Anyways, I ended up doing the sane thing, and deleted AC off of my SDD and loaded up the one and only title that actually offers simulation value, rfactor2. (iracing has those stupid birds, you know) I had been reluctant to spend time in the one true sim simply because I undervalued the advantage that lapping while wiping the blood away from bleeding eyes actually offers. All was good for a few minutes, and then the most tragic thing that could ever happen to all of humanity reached out and grabbed the stick in my ***, and proceeded to shake it like an alcoholic in jail. A mother-frakking airplane went flying across the damn sky. OMFG.

If any of you arcade loving yahoos need some sim-gear I will be having a fire sale ASAP. This truly is the dark ages of sim racing.

6. ROFLMFAO.

Truly epic.

I nominate this for post of the year! :D

Kyo, eSEA One, nate and 1 other person like this.
  7. He certainly has a talent for the overly dramatic ;)

8. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Well what do you know! Yesterday driving a real car to the real virtual world of Universal theam parks where we were riding real roller-coasters mimicking the virtual movie fantasy world that in reality was only a virtual studio. Yes! It blew me away we saw these real balloons in the real sky[​IMG]Honestly this is the truth!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Changing an ini file you could remove them even from RL!

10. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Simcade! these balloons have no simulation value

11. Don't believe in this. They've only one fire (light) source in this game. So far away of a real PROPER balloons flight sim :p And no rain, night and weather....

jc1993 likes this.
  12. André57

André57 Racer

Wow this thread just BLOW my mind :p but seriously now I have to go check if they (balloons) are moving. i guess i'll have to park for a while and scrap my precious hotlap .

Sorry for my bad english

13. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

The song in this video should be forced as theme-song for this thread! :D

eSEA One likes this.
  14. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I have looked for the RL. ini file but the RL filing system is really complicated, the code witer has not cleared out the irrelevant and obsolete code in aincent DNA language.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  15. AC 1.5.8

Change:
    -addet more balloons (with VR support)

Mike1304, grandepunto and ZethGAF like this.
  16. I think we can all agree, that the best solution would be, if we just had the option of choosing whether we want balloons or not!

But wait, why stop at hot air balloons? Genuine interest has been voiced in this thread to also add realistic 3D clouds, helicopters, planes and birds to the skies of Assetto Corsa! How about we let the user choose exactly how many of each of the aforementioned objects will appear in the sky of the selected track and what skin they will have, just like we choose our opponent cars for a race?
    Even better, once the track is loaded, there shall be a separate setup tab, just like for the car, but for the sky, where we can set the position relative to the track as well as the movement of each individual object!
    Clouds are a separate matter however, for which an accurate meteorological simulation is required. Instead of directly telling the game how the clouds should look like, we'll be able to input our own meteorological data of a certain weather condition, or optionally download such real world data from the internet, upon which the game will accurately compute and display the type of clouds produced under the input condition.

This array of features is not only necessary, it is essential, in fact it's laughable you could even call this a 'sim' without having these features, so I demand that Kunos make this their utmost priority and only focus until the next update!

Dookie, Kyo, gregack and 2 others like this.
  17. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

Maybe a Balloon Dreampack?

So we can have some balloon races
    [​IMG]

And a couple Pitgirls Kunos?

[​IMG]

Also gives us something to think about during next elections.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So I can't use them as brake markers, clearly no simulation value. :mad:

Has anyone submitted this to PRC yet?

19. TDS

TDS Alien

lol

20. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I felt bad for the amount of grief @Bl@m3 has got over this very reasonable request and made some edits to the Touristenfahrten ini.

Copy the contents of the attached zip into content/tracks/ks_nordshcliefe (think that's the correct path, writing this from work).

Attached Files: