1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Balloons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blamer, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Pretty sure that 'Balloon Simulator 2017' by Kunos is now confirmed. How long until it enters Early Access?

2. in before "I bought AC cause they promised PROPER balloons flight model"

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nononono. Kunos would never ever give that name to one of their babies. Never.
    Maybe "Venti Rilassanti", which funnily abbreviates "VR".

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Devs of this game did something wrong exporting this air balloon model, totally unrealistic and killing the vibe:

aphidgod and Seria17hri11er like this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Could be a factor, so not being used to something. If a an inuit would appear while Im in a store buying vegetables it would totally break my immersion.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  6. myimac

myimac Alien

This thread is stupid... Everybody speaking hot air... Hahaha

aphidgod, Glaurung and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. Just a quick note to say that our Sun will never go supernova. It is not massive enough. As for the balloons, I rather like them. However, I agree with Boris regarding helicopters or planes. They would definitely not be welcome.

8. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

As i first drove BCC and saw those UFO´s i was so annoyed and immediately changed the track. Good they changed it. if there are Baloos or Helicopters or running cats, i don´t mind! But all is better than UFO´s and Nuke´s!

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I seem to remember a time K tracks were bashed for being barren and under developped. Add a nukeshroom and some baloons for fun and everyone looses their minds. Simracers...:rolleyes:

Edit: If the ballon surface is not laserscanned, I can't defend them anymore as tehy have no simulation value.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

German satire magazine Titanic once had a hilarious last-page preview for the next issue:

"Record collectors and why they are such unbearable *****les."

It's been on my mind for a long time that you could just replace record collectors with sim racers in that headline and this thread underlines it once more :-D

Of course I am just kidding so please don't try and have Angela Merkel sue me for this :-D

Seria17hri11er and TDS like this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

Please add some far away planes and helicopters maybe some birds too! ;-)
    the ones who dont like it can delete the appropriate kn5 files and be happy too.

12. Just had a thought - if its possible to have moving objects now - would it be feasible to have 3d clouds? I mean right now I think the clouds are some of the weakest in terms of graphical appeal in the game, and perhaps physical clouds might offer an improvement? Then again, I know nothing on the subject, and maybe the current clouds already are physical moving objects, but they look sub par relative to the other visuals in AC.

Also I'd like to add that in no way am I suggesting for the devs to move all efforts towards realistic clouds :p There are more important things I'm sure!

13. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Wow this thread got a bit out of hand... I thought it was a simple solution. If you don't like the balloons you can remove them. That is what is great about the new modular nature of AC tracks. I'll be having a blimp for my RIR project but only if there are 10 or more cars on the grid. I'll be sure to call it blimp.kn5 so it can easily be removed ;)

EDIT: And why do people spell my name LilSky? It's not the first time I've seen it. Is it a language thing?

14. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

This thread shall never die, nobody will read first post anyways... so from now on this thread is about everything related with Balloons, or lets be more precise Hot Air Balloons. Or should it be about every kind of balloons ?

I would like to fly with Hot Air Balloon one day, but I'm a bit afraid of height. Maybe there is somebody who is used to fly with them ? Or even operate them ? They are beautiful though.

Lets derail the thread. :D

16. Man you guys are starting my day off right. With balloons! And baffoonery

aphidgod likes this.
  17. Please give us a balloon dlc! With step 1 versions if possible

Sent using Tapatalk

jc1993, MarcoTav, TDS and 1 other person like this.
  18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Do not joke about balloons, it's serious business!

19. TDS

TDS Alien

A new skybox (maybe not 3d cause i think that would bogdown our fps too much.
    Would be really really good!
    or maybe even easier i guess, would be specific cloud textures for each weather, now that would be very welcome and give the skies a new breath of life!
    @Si3v
    @pankykapus
    @Lord Kunos

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You can edit the models_*.ini files to remove or hide the dynamic objects so you're easily able to change it however you like.

I do hope complaints like this don't have an impact on that Kunos is adding more details to the tracks, because I quite like things like those baloons that make the tracks a bit more lively.