1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Demo to Help Stop Piracy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Juris, Dec 26, 2013.

?

Would a demo of AC help to stem piracy and convince people to buy the game

1. Yes, a demo would help stem piracy.

36.3%
  2. Yes, I want a demo to try before I buy.

18.6%
  3. No, a demo would not help in stemming piracy.

46.1%
  4. No, I'm happy to buy without a demo.

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I agree with speedbee. There is nothing to be done against warez. There is small percentage of downloaders who would by the game, if it couldn't be downloaded (not only AC). MP could help, but not much.
    But I think AC price is really good, better than most AAA games, that are buggy as hell and last for few hours.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Why do you assume I won't like a demo with 3 cars?

3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

because you wrote this:
    If i take AC free demo instead of Simraceway and you wouldnt like it in that time, you wouldnt be here^^

4. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

its weird cause its too much LFS. its like somebody dug up LFS' source code and built a rfactor with it.

oh and forgot to say, project cars also is just graphics, nothing else. very amateur physics. which brings us to the reason why ac is really the best of the moment :)

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I dont't get your point at all. I didn't like simraceway, not AC. The e30 and several tracks in AC was enough for me to buy the game.

Schuberth likes this.
  6. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough, I've not played LFS. :)

7. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

The only proven solution for piracy is a high quality multiplayer experience.

8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Do you mean pay to play a la iRacing?

If I wanted that I'd play iRacing...

Simbin's R07 is ruined by "skidrow's". Simbin blame it on Steam and Steam blame it on Simbin. If KS doesn't take steps to make sure it can't happen to them, it will ruin AC too.

James Gore likes this.
  9. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

pCars isnt cracked either. So iRacing isnt alone.

10. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

There is a cracked version of iRacing. Not for multi offcourse.

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Stop speaking about cracked stuff, don't let me lock this thread please.

12. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

There is no protection against cracking software.

It will always happen, somebody will always beat the protection. I'd rather Kunos invest the cash into the game, rather than into security that is guaranteed to fail at some point.

13. damys

damys Racer

save the money? depends on where you come from..for exaple in italy we have a seriuos problem with money xD so we need to save a bit of money to pay taxes ahaha xD But if you really like a game and want to support the SH you can make a sacrifice and buy the game.. AC cost 30 euros is not too much compared to PS /Xbox games 70 euros!!! that is a steal!

14. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

back to topic without cracked stuff.
    Fair prices and a good product = less piracy.
    More devs cant do these days.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I only ever pirated a game once and it was such a hassle I never did it again. PC games are so cheap and there's so many offers through steam I don't see the point anymore. I despised steam when it came out but it's an excellent service, I'm even rebuying games I bought hard copies of years ago and lost. €9 for all the GTA games, why not buy it? Click a button and there your's, over spending hours or days trying to find good copies, crack them, do workarounds and then go through it again when a patch comes out. It's too much work.

Mogster, Shaddix and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  16. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

This Youtube channel should be shut down !

EDIT: link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014