1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fast drivers and g27/g25

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Everybody in TAM has a clutch and H shifter setup, they range from G27s to complete Thrustmaster or Fanatec setups or frankenstein rigs like mine, @paulieGTR has a custom shifter, lots of guys have different moded kit so it honestly does range a lot.

paulieGTR likes this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its true quite a few dont use RSR but its got a pretty large user base so the stats wouldnt change much and most likely follow the same pattern.

The biggest difference would clearly be between using keyboard to gamepad to wheel. The wheel has a clear advantage there and then with h pattern cars having a clutch and shifter is also clearly faster in some cars over using paddles.

3. I'm guessing that it is much more difficult for keyboard users to be really fast in Assetto Corsa? The reason I say that is because there were some really quick keyboard drivers in GT Legends.

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

KBM users have fake assists, even when the server disallows it, so if they're smart (and some are) they gain the advantage of having assists where others don't.

Back OT...
    As others have said I think having a decent pedal set makes more difference than what wheel you use.
    I had a G25 for years and it was good (but noisy) and replaced it with a T500 last year. Lap times initially were slower until I got used to it. Now my lap times are probably faster but that's more because I have more practice in the game as a whole.
    On my G25 pedals I put a bit of rubber inside the brake spring and it made a huge difference to me. The T500 pedals come with a brake mod but I didn't like it at all, the brakes seemed to be either on or off. Now I just use the standard brake. My next hardware purchase with be a decent set of pedals and/or a racing rig. Not cheap this sim racing malarkey is it?!

paulieGTR likes this.
  5. JLV

JLV Gamer

I owned a Logitech momo racing for I think it should do 10 years now, because when I bought it it was the best Logitech had to offer, there wasn't even the G25.

And since one week I practice with my "new" (it's a used one but barely used and seems like new to me, no scratch, perfect, once I cleaned the dust and greasy finger prints :) ) G27 and the first day I had it I managed to improve my time on Barbagallo with BMW 325i racing and do race Challenge Ferrari 458 italia silverstone more easily for exemple.

this because of the only 270 ° rotation of the Mome racing, I always have to find a suitable setting with the Gamma and speed sesitivity depending of the car and it always lack precision or countersteering angle, can't have both with these settings.

Now with the G27 it still lack more than 900 ° angle for some cars with 1014 or 1080 angle but it still ok for them, since it's not a lot to compensate, and it's only a little more reactive.

I think this wheel do everything pretty well especially for the price, and brings you the precision you need for simracing at a budget and it's difficult to gain a lot compared to it without spending a lot lot more, but I still think you can improve time with better wheel/pedals/shifter but very little and spending much more and it's more for enjoyment, making the race feel closer to real life with better stuff.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    paulieGTR and LeDude83 like this.
  6. JLV

JLV Gamer

Now just need, hope, wait, Kunos implement soft lock in game for G25/G27 so there's no need to change it in driver each time the car is changed, and personally I change very often ... :\

7. nonnex

nonnex Alien

It's funny how different we are using our wheels. Tbh I have setup my wheel once and never changed it since then.
    maybe I have to try it out to setup my wheel for each of my favorite cars, but does it makes that big diff? Maybe I'm not sensible enought, but I havent felt any lack till now.

8. I don't mess about with my wheel setup either. It's the same for all cars.

paulieGTR likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I only set the strength in the garage menu using the FFB clipping app. I set the road cars a little softer to create a believable dynamic between car types.

liakjim likes this.
  10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Ah, now I get the point of those who are changing the wheelsettings for each car.
    You want to feel the different cars not just because of their different behavior, you want to feel it in your arms on the wheel too.

Hm, well good argument. But I think this would make more sense for wheels wich can produce higher torques. On the G27 the highest torque feels not often like real cars. What is for cars that has no servo driven steering like historic or pure racecars?

Have thought about this too, but sadly Direct Drive is still expensive.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I only use very small differences, nothing close to the RL relations but it still sort of works. But your point is perfectly valid: on weaker wheels this shouldn't be done, I guess. The T500RS is quite strong so it works here but on a G27 or my DFGT I make sure that on all cars I get all the strength I can have without clipping ;-) It's not like this will make the Giulietta feel like an F1 car...the absolute strength is really a minor factor in terms of believability.

nonnex likes this.
  12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

In Dirt Rally there is now a FFB thing implemented called 'soft lock', but what is it exactly?

Thanks

Cheers
    Robin

13. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Best explanation here: https://www.dirtgame.com/blog/4718

You may need to recalibrate the wheel again after the patch to make it work.
    Works great, but makes the game much more difficult. I gave up and set manually 720 for older cars, 540 for newer.

Robin_NL likes this.
  14. Doc-H

Doc-H Gamer

I started with a Logitech MoMo Wheel, then advanced to a Driving Force Pro and then on to a G27.

I liked all of the wheels I used but, for me anyway, the pedals are what makes the most difference. The pedals on the cheaper wheels are just that, cheap. The G27's pedals are precise and allow for adjustment to suit the drivers taste.

The degrees of rotation also made a difference as the first wheels I had were, I think, only 270 degrees. This doesn't allow for much adjustment.

Overall I would recommend purchasing a G27 or some of the other top of the line wheels. It will make a difference and more than likely will improve your lap times.

LeDude83 likes this.