1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV: Field of View. Optimal/real settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by edgec0m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. HackMac

HackMac Racer

2. Because when using horizontal fov calculator I get the image that is unnaturally extended. And with vertical fov calculator I get good result.

3. HackMac

HackMac Racer

For me it's the opposite with the low FOV I get with vertical calculation everything is far to close and feels wrong.

Please KS Developers tells us what FOV AC is using, horizontal or vertical?

4. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I've come to the realization that true FOV accounts for almost 60% of the immersive levels of simulation racing.
    Take those two shots above from the Zonda, the first is so much more in tune with what you'd see from your driver's seat.
    It also has a profound effect on your sense of speed and how you react to what the car is doing at any time....and yet it is often overlooked.

edgec0m and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. Vertical, horizontal ?
    I don't know. I just make it look as real as I can. The calculator in iRacing gives me 46°. The number I end up with in AC is 27°. They are the only 2 sims that I use now, and I go from one to the other seamlessly. I do seem to have to move the seat every time I get into a car here in AC though, even though I hit save. I also wish I could change the tilt angle, which compensates for screen height.

And no, the seat position that moves you up and down does not. It keeps your view level, and does not change the degree of tilt.
    To better explain. Same car-same road-same place.Tall person in car will look down a little more than a shorter person looking at the same point=degree of tilt. AC forces all of us to look straight ahead.

6. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

No it doesn't. You can adjust the pitch.

7. it's vertical 100 %

8. edgec0m

edgec0m Gamer

Yeah, there's no question. As above. The FoV angular number in Assetto Corsa refers to a vertical Field of View.

9. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

You mean vertical right not virtual? :)

It's vertical, been confirmed many times and you can see that it is when you adjust it.

10. TheDyingScotsman

True but I believe that right now, if you are using "Lock drivers head to horizon" Or whatever it is called, you can't use pitch.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You can.

12. Yeah, It seems I can now, But it's kinda like I also shrink down in the seat when I adjust it to look up, and start to stand when I look down. Instead of just looking up and down.

Weird, but all is good.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

Things will feel close with the proper FOV, because the objects are supposed to be actual life size and your monitors dont extend far down enough to be able to see down your dash and so forth. It will be 1:1 (or approaching 1:1) like real life.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. baboon

baboon Alien

I find it a bit weird to see the virtual wheel appear so big when I set the calculated FOV. Might have to do with my G25 being small compared to most real car steering wheels. I use 40° now, but more correct would be something around 35° for my setup.

This narrow FoV is fine except for the tightest corners and drifting where I can't focus where I want to go because the view is blocked.

15. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Cough... in association with ZP.... cough

16. HackMac

HackMac Racer

I have to apologize.
    AC indeed uses vertical FOV. Everybody was right and I was wrooong.
    So sorry to everyone.
    I made a exact measurement in AC and pacars.
    I now use vFOV of 50 for my 67 inch projection in AC and 79 in pcars.

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  17. Vinox

Vinox Rookie

I've never played with FoV in any sim, and I have to say, this is by far the best modification I've ever done. I'm pretty far from my screen, so I'm on 27 right now, and it's absolutely perfect. Never has simracing felt so immersive, it's great. One question tho, is it possible that it's a bit more demanding on gpu?

18. Kris Tarrant

Kris Tarrant Gamer

I agree! I've now gone FOV crazy since using AC, been loving it and have changed my rig completely to accommodate the changes. Loving it!!

Vinox likes this.
  19. TheDyingScotsman

You weren't able to last week after the update, so a hotfix must have addressed this issue.

20. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yes you could, 'cos i i've had a few cars setup like that for ages.
    There was no Hotfix.

nearly good excuse though, and didn't need to put hands up for mistake.