1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV: Field of View. Optimal/real settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by edgec0m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

At the present time is this feature not supported, so far i know.

The prob is about trackIR. The head rotation seems to be locked. You can´t turn your in-game "brain" 90° left and right....

Little demo for unknowing dudes:

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. somake

somake Hardcore Simmer

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Why do people have the screen so far away?
    I have my 27" on an ergo arm so I can drag it quite close. The closer you can move your screen the wider a realistic FOV becomes.

TIR does help. That Arma vid looks cool but the limitation with 1:1 head movement is that he can't see behind him. Using greater than 1:1 is surprisingly easy to get used to.

bondyboy and Cote Dazur like this.
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

What ergo arm do you have?

5. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry if it's already been discussed in the previous pages, but isn't TrackIR inherently incorrect as a technology? If the monitor is your "window" to the game world, and the monitor is an immovable object, if you turn your head left/right, you're not supposed to be able to see parts of the world you previously weren't able to, you're just moving your focus of attention to a different point in the world... What TrackIR is essentially doing is simulating as if the focus point is always staying in the center of the monitor, in other words, simulating as if the monitor is somehow moving together with your head. Isn't this prone to inducing nausea since it's completely different behavior than what our brain and eyes are used to?

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Wow. I was looking at the cheaper ones (clamp on desk upto 32" monitors). What's the 2nd item for, laptop?

- Tapatalk (SixP_v5)

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No it's miss labelled on Amazon I think.

If you look at the first link it's just a duplicate additional second arm that works as a simple extension.

sherpa25 likes this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Got two of these...good for when i used triples, middle monitor was the only one on it's original stand.
    Agree, they are very good.

Mogster and sherpa25 like this.
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

11. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

When I bought 29" 21:9 screen I wanted to see my left rearview mirror so I used higher fov. Then I realised it doesn't feel right so I started to gradualy lower fov value. Now my fov is at 29 and tweak seat position in every car individualy. I don't see almost anything to the left of A pillar, but the driving and feel is miles better. Funny that I bought ultrawide to be able to see more around me.

MrPix and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If it can make you feel any better, l have a 98 inch, 16:10 projected screen and I do not see anything to the left pillar either. But I feel (almost) like I am in real scale in the virtual car I am driving.

sherpa25 and MrPix like this.
  13. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Is this close enough?
    [​IMG]

Was great on single with the screen there, again using an ergoton mount, but mine is the wall mounted one.

I had to move it back a bit to accommodate triple screen setup
    [​IMG]

This one is the wall mounted version
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ergotron-Wall-Mount-LCD-Arm/dp/B00358RFJ8

14. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

I was struggling for a few days to get my lines properly as everything looked differently. The only problem is 29" is so small after some use. Funny how you adjust so quickly.

Cote Dazur and sherpa25 like this.
  15. rycil

rycil Simracer

you should try the triple screen app to adjust the fov, because according to this picture it doesnt seem that the world is represented 1:1. The virtual wheel is far too small, it should be bigger than the real one.

VinceSchulz, Cote Dazur and ouvert like this.