1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV: Field of View. Optimal/real settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by edgec0m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. klieberung

klieberung Gamer

24 Inch Monitor. 50 Default fov, but i slightly adjust it or the Driver Position distance for almost every car

2. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

50 here

3. Fov 54
    20140118_221433.jpg

Tucker73 likes this.
  4. 29 degrees on one 27 inch screen about 30 inches from my face.
    I use TrackIR5 when racing so that helps to see whats around, but after a long session it may make me uncomfortable and dizzy, I suppose I suffer from light motion sickness.
    When you get use to your optimal FOV, its hard to go back without it feeling like youre driving from the backseat.

If Oculus Rift customer released version doesnt do it for me, I'll be getting triples and stick to my 1:1 FOV.

5. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

I use a TrackIR4 too, so with a vertical FOV of 36degrees (60 degrees horizontal FOV) it's quite OK.. and it's also impossible to me to play with a vertical FOV higher than 40 degrees....

by the way my monitor is a 27"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  6. 32 here; my nonitor is a 24" and it's positioned around 60-70 cm from the seat.
    Track IR helps to see around.

7. Zantium

Zantium Racer

I'm probably going to get either frowns or newbie sniggers with this but I have mine set to 68° on a 22" monitor about 24" from my face and the seat fully forward. To me, that's reflective of what I can see sitting in the car including my peripheral vision. Setting it "correctly" would be like me driving with blinkers on and not being able to move my head, this doesn't happen in real life and I suspect it would be strongly discouraged by the local constabulary.

Obviously, a cure for this is 3 screens but I only have two and the second is only really for side apps/reference when painting or working etc.

I will be buying an Oculus Rift as soon as commercially available (or TBH, I'd throw money at the Crystal Cove version right now if they released a Dev Kit of it) and then my issue will be solved, I will be inside the car completely. :)

8. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

How do I adjust my FOV in triple screen? The option is greyed out at 45 in my settings and the on board cam slider does nothing in triple screen.

9. Eric

Eric Simracer

Mine is greyed out as well. I am guessing you have to use the triple screen app in AC perhaps?

I set mine before when the triple screen rendering was messed up so I was using single screen render at the time.

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I have it at about 48 on a single screen, it's still quite a bit too high (sounds like correct is maybe 30; I thought it was horizontal FOV which calculates to 42) but it's a compromise so I can see enough. Would still like to have more like a 100 degree FOV but I can't really bring the monitor closer.

11. xyr

xyr Rookie

41° FOV on 24" monitor (0.6 m from eyes).

12. Eric

Eric Simracer

25 FOV btw

Used FOV calculator

13. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

14. APC900

APC900 Simracer

At 5' 9" this is what I'd expect to see if I were looking out the windshield onto the track's surface. This is what I use to drive the car. It's 40 degrees in my case. I can touch that virtual steering wheel.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. Mine, s greyed out too, but im guessing once you've done the measurements in tripple screen app /distance/angle/monitor size/ ac provides you with the correct fov .

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

36 FOV on 24 inch single screen

17. Robilon

Robilon Racer

fov 37 on 47" TV

Attached Files:

Tucker73 likes this.
  18. Gerben

Gerben Gamer

32° (vertical FOV) on a 23 inch monitor standing 0,5 m (20 inches) from my eyes.
    I want triples badly though :)

19. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

20. alex72

alex72 Alien

The only problem with low FOV is exactly that - speed feeling is gone and i have problem driving. Breaking too late as i think im driving 50km/h instead of 150km/h. :D Might be a thing to get used to, but its hard for me to loose the sense of speed.

Using 54, and sometimes a bit higher.