1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FOV: Field of View. Optimal/real settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by edgec0m, Nov 25, 2013.

1. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Well people were reporting it wasn't working. I haven't tried so I'm only going on reports by the dozen people or so who reported it.

There have been several hotfixes.

2. TheDyingScotsman

3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  4. TheDyingScotsman

That was a private message. If you don't remove it now, EDITED BY MOD.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  5. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

well well, time for holiday for other 2 people... see you on friday.

It's easy, just close your eyes and concentrate on your breath... you'll feel your body very light.

:)

The Moog and Cote Dazur like this.
  6. Kay Ekanayake

Kay Ekanayake Rookie

hi guys, i'm new to Corsa. just wondering can you still change FOV if you are using triple monitors? I cant seem to change it and its set to 54 and its grayed out.

7. Kris Tarrant

Kris Tarrant Gamer

Kay, this is correct. You need to change your FOV via the in game APP called "Triple Screens". Set up your FOV and screens via that :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. Kay Ekanayake

Kay Ekanayake Rookie

Thanks Kris, how do I access this app. I looked every where in game.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  9. Kris Tarrant

Kris Tarrant Gamer

Kay, the app is on the right hand side of the screen. Move you mouse (when in car, ready to drive) to the right, APPS will appear, look for the "triple screen" app in the list.

Let me know how you go

10. Kay Ekanayake

Kay Ekanayake Rookie

Yep just figured that out... Thanks again mate.... :)

11. JDuvel

JDuvel Gamer

This vid is pretty darn funny. I think it explains things pretty well in a tongue in cheek way. I really dislike high fov for many reasons and to me anyone who defends it is a bit naive, so this one spoke to me :)

12. cc570

cc570 Racer

13. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

just thought it would be interesting too see what field of view were all running, triple or single, just to enjoy and maybe advise and give tips on how to improve/adjust our field of views and to have a visual representation of all the angles we talk about

Attached Files:

14. you can see that in the RSR website, in the info icon you can see FOV among other settings per driver, hope it helps, i use 40 btw

15. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

I use a FOV calculator, so according to the screen resolution and the horizontal FOV I want to use: 60, the result for the vertical FOV is 36. So I use 36 :)

16. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

yeah I was thinking along the lines of photo comparisons, theres plenty of threads covering fov

17. APC900

APC900 Simracer

It's not hard to calculate if you drive a car everyday.
    Just pull your car out of the garage, sit there and look at what you see with relation to steering wheel and cluster but more importantly....their relationship to the road.
    Everything else will fall into place.
    I see guys driving sims everyday...from where the back seat of their real car would be.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  18. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

calculating the theoretical FOV for a small single monitor is bull**** ... maybe usefull for 3 big monitors, but having a 24" at 1 meter from you at the "correct" fov of like 15 degrees, would be stupid ... you will never see the exit of the corner until the last moment, you will never be fast like this when you purely rely on your memory.

sinbad, o0thx11380o and Fat-Alfie like this.
  19. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, my theoretical FOV should be 17°, but I'm unable to see the apex on tight corners, so I settled on 35°

20. softgrip

softgrip Alien

34 at 1m on 24 inch - cockpit cam. Driver pos to get as much window as possible. Needs to have more monitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk