1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Man, you can never beat 3 guys project on low budget because their fuel is their passion about simulation and cars.

Kunos, Marco and Aris are like the top gear trio.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Whitestar, miky, Vel and 8 others like this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

@Stains I have no clue how to run a business, but I can see the difference of how some businesses are run.

In this case I can see that Kunos released a product that was far from perfect, and kept improving it for FREE, they went way beyond fixing bugs, they included features that were not intended to be part of the original product.

In the other corner I see SMS that released a product with tons of features at the release, and along with them tons of bugs. And instead of fixing all those bugs they announce the sequel.

As I already mentioned I have no clue about running businesses, I just suspect that the way SMS are doing it is bringing more money, which is good for them. But for me, a customer I prefer the Kunos approach.

And I really don't think Stefano fixed the AI just because people were complaining about it. I'm following Stefano from the very beginning, and I don't think he was ever satisfied by how the AI worked, probably he's still thinking about how to improve it even further. What he achieved is huge, he must have had some sleepless nights before he got everything together.

As for pCars2, the only thing that will hold me back from buying it is the arrogant attitude of some SMS people. I'm not a sim purist, I can enjoy simcade or even arcade titles, but if something is sold to me as the ultimate sim haven I'm expecting it to live up to that. Some people might say that I will miss out by not buying it, but I'm not worried about that, there are already too many good sims/games around.

3. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

^^This.
    Thank you for expressing what I feel.
    That's the reason why I feel so connected to AC. Kunos have been working on this game for several years providing us with updates, fixes, cars and tracks for free. (I am not talking about DLC which have always been very cheap IMO so far.)
    I also prefer Kunos' approach. I find it very forthcoming of the whole AC team that they communicate with us and explain things when they are asked to. Just have a look at all those comments from the staff about tire model updates, the KERS management or the new inertia. I have seen this only one time before. The game was called "Handball Challenge". It was a very small team from Germany called Neutron Games. The way they let the community take part in the developing process was incredible. Unfortunately, the game never came far.

sissydriver likes this.
  4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

same as alistair - you wrote whats in my head ;)

100% d'accord - thank you coming straight to the point. :)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think they have any huge plans for AC1, they will probably add small:ish features but nothing major. I really hope they will announce AC2 soon so we can get some huge steps forward (yep, im talking about racing at night in the rain).

LChaves likes this.
  6. TheSkyline35

TheSkyline35 Racer

Well, they need first to have more people developping AC, because they will be soon out matched by bigger developpement team, yeah they are very good, but you can't let 1 poor man doing the job of 10, well you can, but then don't expect huge step forward before years

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Every month for the last year has had more players than AMS, R3E, and rF2 have had in the last month, yet all three of those have leagues and club races currently active on RD. So your whole premise of PCars1 having no online events at RD due to lack of numbers is demonstrably flawed, because three games with FAR fewer players have a strong online presence there.

Where did I say PCars1 was the bees knees, or even say anything positive/negative about it? I played it for about 2 months after release and haven't touched it since, it hasn't even been installed on my PC for well over a year. I was simply pointing out a flaw in your argument, not defending the game.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. BigFW

BigFW Racer

Apologies, may be going off topic but I was searching about saving mid race and stumbled on this. I believe rfactor2 has mid race saving. Does anybody now if this is a feature in PCars2? (or even coming in AC :)!). Would help my homelifegaming/play balance a lot :p

9. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

RaceDeparment was just one example. And we're talking about AC and PCars. Again...I direct you here for activity stats: http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630 since you seem to be confused.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

One reason that pcars have less players might be because the fanboys are in wmd/pcars2 while the ac fanboys is in.... ac :)

11. Haiden773

LOL... Honestly... It doesn't even matter. And I'm kicking myself for even falling into the discussion. IMO, PCars1 is a stale sim. I used to like it, but after switching to PC and playing other sims, I just realize how much lacked in terms of feel and the things that get me excited about racing. That's how I feel. Others love it, but it wouldn't matter if PCars had 10 times more activity. I wouldn't play it anymore than I do now, which is hardly ever, and even then for only a race or two at time. I'm very much looking forward to PCars 2 and hoping SMS is able to better able to capture whatever AC, R3E, and AMS have done to enhance the racing experience. These titles might not have as good of graphics and might not be as feature rich in terms of dynamic transitions, and yet I still find the in-game experience they offer more appealing and satisfying than when I play PCars. That's all I go by.

SMS and Kunos have take two different approaches to development. Kunos' seems to be a labor of love. SMS seems to be building a franchise. What I'm most interested in seeing in PCars2 is which direction SMS moves the slider--further to hard-sim, or more toward sim-cade. Time will tell. But, what's also telling is, I don't have to ask that question about Kunos. It's very clear which side of the fence they planted their flag on.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Not at all confused, I never commented on how PCars player stats compares to AC or any of your other points so that chart is irrelevant. You said PCars doesn't have any league races at RD due to low player numbers, but of the non-iRacing sims it has the second highest number of players by a huge margin. There's plenty of reasons PCars isn't featured in RD club/league races but according to the Steam charts low player numbers obviously isn't one of them.

Good chat but that's probably enough off-topic from both of us. See ya.

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

[​IMG]

Should I say which one is which ?

mms likes this.
  14. Haiden773

That comment was part of a larger discussion. You cherry picked. And why is it any wonder that PCars is second. PCars and AC are the newer of the sims. R3E, rF2, and AMS are all older developments, with lagging graphics. They are updating, and R3E is probably the closest. But you keep pointing out things that still don't change the fact that AC shows more activity than PCars. And that was the point of discussion.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That's exactly what it is. Golden.

Haiden773 likes this.
  16. Even when I watch the pcars and other studios videos/interviews they speak very well becuase they're most from UK or US based and when you watch an interview of Marco, Aris or watch @Lord Kunos ' streams (though we miss them) it's so funny because it's not their mother tongue so it's even more enjoyable, so yeah, you can't beat that either :p:D
    The fact that as already was mentioned, still working on the AI because it's what it challenges them (or Kunos) the most and now 3 years later, founding a solution for solid axle/live axle whatever it's called it means a lot for most people.

mms and Haiden773 like this.
  17. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

It shows how hard it is to get things right...

18. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Is there really a need for 2 threads regarding pcars 2?

19. Stains

Stains Simracer

20. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Apparently there is a need for multiple pCars2 threads, as this one alone somehow reached 120 posts.
    BRB, starting a third pCars2 thread :cool: