1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jun 21, 2017.

1. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Well, they don't have one for AC. ;)

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

There's a new younger girl next door, really nice! Gonna ask my wife how she will improve and upgrade to compete with that. Better yet, I try the new girl, if I don't like the physics I can just go back. Or maybe I'll wait for my wife to be wife 2.0? Choices man...
    I know! I can have them both and be happy with the different features!

Or something

Whitestar, Dookie, Quffy and 9 others like this.
  3. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Uh.... Yes, they do. They just changed the names of some of the league threads and call them clubs now, but they're still full of scheduled events.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-racing-club.171/

Project Cars is the ones that doesn't have a club or a league.

4. TDS

TDS Alien

rofl :) you are the winner before pcars 2 is released.

edit- but you could be a dead man after that test drive tho lol

Enzo Martin, Tberg and chksix like this.
  5. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Big difference between club races and leagues. Afaik they've never run a league with AC, they only do leagues with R3E, rF2, and AMS. I was staff there for a while, they want to run a league with AC but its feature list doesn't quite match what they want/need for running a league yet.

6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Looking at the girl's graphics while enjoying wife's physics sounds too casual and arcadish. Maybe the better choice is not to get into marriage ever.

Didn't the GT championship last season use AC and there was an AU GP championship running Formula Abarth in AC?

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Interesting analogy however, it's not applicable in that the ladies may actually care about the choices you make, the games absolutely do not. :p:D

Tberg and sissydriver like this.
  8. konnos

konnos Simracer

They do care, they just can't make your life difficult in our case! So erm, why not "try" this new girl, but also hope maybe wife 2.0 might be a thing in the future?!

9. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Maybe, but I wasn't aware of them. They don't currently have any leagues running with AC and don't have any planned that I knew of. I think one of the big hangups is a lack of proper spectator mode, they like to stream their league races.

10. Haiden773

Who cares? You're splitting hairs to shift the focus. Point is League or Club, there isn't one for PCars, because there aren't enough people/activity to justify it. Did you both clicking on the links Andrew posted? PCars has about half the number of active users.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630

11. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It's not splitting hairs, there's a big difference between club races and leagues, and you said leagues so I was clarifying. I wasn't commenting on how many people play PCars, but that's irrelevant anyways because in the last month it's had more players than R3E, rF2, and AMS combined yet all of those sims have league and club races currently running at RD.

Click for Steam charts info

R3E peak players in last 30 days = 765

rF2 peak players in last 30 days = 811

AMS peak players in last 30 days = 304

PCars 1 peak players in last 30 days = 2,333

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The only relevant question actually is "Who's going to beat @Stains for opening this thread?" :p :D

13. Haiden773

I said splitting hairs because it's irrelevant. We're were talking about activity, so it doesn't matter if it's a league or a club. Activity is activity. And please tell me your not using the last month--i.e. while SMS has been promoting the crap out of PCars2 as proof of PCars been more active. It's been halved by AC for over a year...LOL. The last 30 days are obviously the result of their promotional efforts. But, honestly... I don't care. If you think it's the bees knees, go play it. I'll wait for PCars2, because I can't stand to be in PCars1 for more than 15 minutes. And, for the record, I sincerely hope PCars2 sticks it at launch this time, because it absolutely has the potential to be king of hill. They just need to get the FFB right and deliver a solid title with minimal bugs. Pretty graphics and features was never their problem. But those two things only hold your attention for so long.

14. Si.

Si. Simracer

They don't have to. AC can tread it's own path, KS will continue to improve AC, engage with the community and release reasonably priced dlc

AC is by no means the perfect product, Xbox players seem to suffer a bit more than others and there are many features that the community feel are missing. However it has one of the best handling models and a set of developers who seem to genuinely care.

15. The Aussie group at RD ran 3 leagues with assetto before switching the ams for the last 2 because it was just too difficult to work with for a league.

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Bring it! lol
    It's been a interesting read, keep it coming.
    I switched to pc last September after 500hrs in pCars on PS4 oly to now have 12hrs since on the pc version.
    rF2 400hrs, AC 300hrs AMS 200hrs and R3E 100hrs.
    All DLC and content for all including pCars, so i will support them all no matter what, pretty much but i dont understand how people can say any product is great as is and need not worry or think they need to improve and evole as new and hopefully better products come to market.
    Especially as how hardware improves, prices drop and technology gets better.

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

Some of the comments in this thread are obviously from people who have no clue as to how to run a business as much as you like to think that Kunos do this for love of gaming and racing, they are business men with bills to pay and mouths to feed and another product coming to market will take some of that revenue away.
    Alot of people are not like me and will not buy all content from all products and rather favour one and talk **** about the other. As is evident from the obvious "AC fanbois" here.

"Why can't we play both" some people say, we can and i will but why cant i also ask for more from the very people that i will continue throwing my money at.
    I will always ask for more because if i (we) dont nothing will improve, just look at the recent Ai update, how long was it that Stefano was saying that the Ai was good as is and if we could do better why dont we have our own game to sell but with the constant wave of people asking for improvements he had to do something and, well we all know how well that went. Brilliantly, now we have Ai that is quite possibly the best Ai on the market.

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

well I just got PC1 in the sale and strapped into one of my favorite cars ever, the BMW LMR v12 @ Watkins Glen and had a ball. Then I got into the C7R which is in my top 3 in AC and threw up in my mouth. So hope they improve the C7R in 2 :p

19. Answer to the question:
    AC is not going to beat pcars 2.
    Pcars 2 will be the future of simulation and racing in the Sim genre and E sport.

Sent from my USB sarcarsm keyboard mod using Tapatalk

20. Orne

Orne Alien

Well that is until PCars 3 is announced 6 months after Pcars 2 and SMS stops releasing updates. Then they will admit to all the issues with pCars 2 and many that touted pCars 2 will say it sucked and that pCars 3 will be much better

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA *cough* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Cool story bro !