1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Is that really the case or you are just pulling our legs. :)

2. Berry

Berry Alien

Nah, he just likes stupid and one-sided speculation, don't mind him.

Jadonyx, aphidgod and Andrew_WOT like this.
  3. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Um, you literally just did with this post, saying players will have to switch to PC2 from AC, implying they can't enjoy both of them because they have to choose one or the other, and even going so far as to presume that most will stick with AC because apparently it's superior to a game that's not even released yet.

Rosko likes this.
  4. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

To be honest, PCars1 feel flat to me. Every time I go back to it I realize that, despite the car list, there really aren't many cars I'm interested in driving. AC has so many cars I love and cars I hate in PCars, I end up enjoying in AC. There's just something about PCars (beyond the poor FFB, odd physics, and insane AI) that fails me as a sim. When I first got it (on console) I was in love. Now, almost a year after moving to PC, I can't stand to play it for more than a 15 minutes, and then I'm aching to get back to AC or R3E. The only things I enjoy in PCars now are the exclusives, like California Highway and Azure Coast. Driving those at twilight/dusk, or night, or in storms in fun. But when it comes to circuit racing, it just doesn't hold my attention.

If PCars2 fixes, the FFB and physics, that would be great! But there's something else that needs to change in order for it to work for me, and I'm not sure what it is. I can't pinpoint where it fails me, but it does. Maybe it's a lack of emotional connection, like someone else mentioned. I get excited and very into every aspect of racing when I'm playing AC. When I master a corner or hit that perfect apex, I just love the feeling. PCars...I don't get that. I often feel like a hamster on a wheel when playing PCars, just going through the motions. With AC, the end of a race almost always feels like I'm coming out of a trance, because my level of focus and engagement is so deep.

So, basically, for me, PCars2 has quite a big hurdle to climb. And it's going to take more than being pretty with lot of cars and tracks. They've got to turn out a solid simulation.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

IMHO in terms of sales numbers, Assetto Cords is never going to beat Project Cars 2, period.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Until it becomes bacon, and everyone loves bacon. ;)

Nahkamarakatti, Stains and paul_wev like this.
  8. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

It only becomes bacon after it's been killed, though. Not sure how that works into the metaphor but it can't be good.

9. Haiden773

Obviously, since Kunos has been developing/evolving the solid base they built, instead of making a whole new version...LOL. Is SMS going to go the Forza route, with a new version every other year?

10. Haiden773

Unless this session in the video was created on Easy Mode or something, I'm not very optimistic. This car is running the Nords in the rain, like you do in the dry. I know this track very well. There's no way he should be driving it like that in the rain. And in a Porsche to boot?

Graphics look good, though. :)

Stains and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

In this video the track seems more wet and slippery than it actually is (physics wise). The track time seems fine for a very fast lap on a damp track. It has been discussed in the other thread - it seems to be in the ballpark regarding the lap time.

12. Haiden773

I don't agree with that. I'm looking at the gearing, speed, and wheel inputs, and they seem very close to running in the dry.

Tomcul, liakjim and Mogster like this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

And reality....

The thing I notice is the understeer, he's really working the wheel to get any sort of turn in. Then sometimes he's dealing with snap oversteer...

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

. . . at least, not for the pig. :p:D

Thomas Cameron and mms like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Well...look into the other pCars 2 thread. There's a RL vid of Sabine running in the damp on Nordschleife and it looks much similar. Her clean lap could have been a 7:10 or maybe a tad quicker so this 7:01 lap isn't too far off.

16. plaid

plaid Alien

WHO knows how they Are bop'ed, i prefer all Cars being Equal instead of Cars i Need to Paypal for but that Are basicly useless, so Further balancing especially if there is no specific Series is welcome. The Performance depends in the Series. The vln Porsches habe a Special Package as gar as i remember. Could be a reason. Or the tires.
    Also i prefer a believeable feeling instead of accurate Laptimes. Especially as Long as there is any difference between the physics in Reality and a sim and there Are Plenty.
    The laptimes in ac were also of, still felt Great.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The appearance of the track in the PCars2 video isn't damp though it looks very wet. If it was F1 it'd be full wet not inters.

There's none of the understeer that's obvious in the Leh Keen video. I will concede that we've no idea what state Keen's tyres were in.

18. Haiden773

Exactly, you can water puddling in the early part of sector 1. I'm also assuming the tire are cold.

No point in debating, though. We're watching a video, with no idea what the settings are set to, or what the track and tire conditions were in the RL videos. As far as PCars2 goes, we'll all find out when the title releases. All I'm saying is, the video leaves me with questions.

Mogster likes this.
  19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

we are vegetarians since 1992 - what about us???? :rolleyes:

20. plaid

plaid Alien

Bioethanol?

mms and sissydriver like this.