1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

It's idiotic because it's being mentioned every freaking week by people who don't bother to at least get an insight on the development.Yes, AC is improving and you will see features launched alongside content updates.That's as much as anyone here knows about the future of AC.You'll find out in due time as will we :).

chksix likes this.
  2. I am looking forward to the next round of updates/improvements/DLC for Assetto Corsa. I will worry about pCars2 (or any other "competitor" for that matter) when it arrives.

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just wait for the next big announcement coming this fall, duely teased by Marco.
    I can see a new engine coming up.....:D;)
    *runs away very fast*

Nahkamarakatti and La Gonorrata like this.
  4. BigFW

BigFW Racer

AC doesn't have to beat anything. But it does need to be able to keep it's customer base (purchasing dlc) and attract new customers to what Kunos as a business believe is a satisfactory level (meeting targets/revenue) etc.

In Dec 2016 I looked hard at PC1 and AC and chose AC. I'm glad I did as it satisfies my needs with wanting the best representation of the driving side of a simulation at a reasonable price point. I was willing to compromise on other areas for this. I play a lot of offline and was a bit disappointed with the AI and the offline options but Kunos have continued to develop their product and custom championships and the new AI has moved the game onto yet another level for me. I love how Kunos interact with their customers and the clear passion they have for their product and the pride they have in their work. To me this goes a long way in knowing that if something is not right there is a good chance it will be one day. I'm bought into Kunos as well as AC.

With that in mind, I've followed a bit of PC2 but not in any detail. It sure looks pretty and the day/night cycle stuff is great (having just started really watching 24hr races I want to experience this). I obviously don't have an opinion on the developer but impressions provided from people here don't paint a particularly pretty picture.

If PC2 is PC1 with some new game features and added bling then it will hold little interest to me, if they improve in the driving areas (as I beleive this was PC1 weak point) and the reports are positive my interest will be peaked. But right now nobody really knows so we will all just have to wait and see what PC2 delivers.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I'm not convinced yet, just because John Sable said it's good. They might have put him drive the only cars that feel good. Also the motion rig might affect his impression. Sable said some good things about Dirt4 physics after early hands-on (although he tested only tarmac, which actually was slightly improved) but we all know how Dirt4 went.. too early to start the celebrations imo

Also, I'm fairly sure sim developers want to "beat" each others, in terms of market (if target audience is same). Of course they can co-exist and there isn't as "bloody rivalry" between devs as simracers often want to think, the sim race developers are in good relations afaik. Still doesn't mean they wouldn't like to outsell their friends in business, be a bit ahead of the pack. Because in some way they are competitors, that is what business is all about in the end. Difference is maybe that, since there is so few sims and wheels/simrigs cost so much, people who have the required peripherals usually buy all worthwhile sims, not just 1 or 2 sims.

Anyway, still too early to get super hyped imo.. being good doesn't mean it's AC good. Especially in all of the cars. pCars had some okayish feeling cars like the Formula 3 (iirc, uninstalled ages ago)

Still, I must say I never had "loyalty" for games or certain developer. I may try out many sims, but stay only with the best stuff (and buy DLC for that). Which just happens to be currently AC and AMS

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  6. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Question is how is pCARS2 going to beat AC! Hahaha

7. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

I hope Pcars 2 is as good as promised, i'm not putting any stock into it though, and yes it can significantly cut into AC playerbase.

I'm eagerly awaiting for Kunos next move regardless if PCars 2 is great or Meh because of the great many hours and smiles AC gave me.

sissydriver and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. Stains

Stains Simracer

Just found this on Youtube and it seems like a improvement .
    Yes , i've also been banned from pCars forum and had some words with Ian Bell (end) so my opinion of them as a whole is not great but i'll put personal feelings aside if i can get a Sim that works as well as i really really want .

paul_wev and Tiago Fortuna like this.
  9. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

There's a game called "keep talking and nobody will explode"... This thread is just the opposite :D

The title alone on *this* forum means this is much more volatile than any other game thread here (or social media, other games forums, the usual).

Can someone point me to Marco's tease for this fall please though?

I won't comment here about the topic though. Popcorn cup in hand :D

/edit
    @Stains
    Everything else apart, the attitude deserves 5*. And this is not simracing specific. I think it says quite a bit about someone.
    I actually gave a similar example on the pc2 thread so I really appreciate this kind of attitude.
    Cheers.

Stains likes this.
  10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

[​IMG] AC on the right and PC2 on the left!

Mr Nice likes this.
  11. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

This thread is way ahead. First challenge for pCARS2 is to convince all who got disappointed in pCARS1. From the looks of other pCARS-thread they are doing well with that. We'll see if it's just paid compliments like first time. :rolleyes:

Stains likes this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Now the question comes to mind , what karate kid was best ? For me the 1st , lets hope thats not a indication for pCars 2 ,lol

13. Turk

Turk Alien

Ac will beat Pcars by being a better simulator.

14. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I'm looking forward more for forza 7.
    Pcars2 can beat AC at least with the amount of official tracks.

15. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig

paul_wev, mms and Coanda like this.
  16. plaid

plaid Alien

i agree regarding ambiance, but also a nice career properly presented. Some Action around the Track primarly the pits, small in and outro for the right Mood and pitradio.
    That also easier than the physics and ai but expensive. Also more Race Series.
    Of course more Features:
    Rain and Night Are nice, but i dont Need it, also no lose Surface pH., i would prefer the sim that offers 6 (-12)h endurance races, with the Cars and gridsizes of the real races with multiclass, Save/load during a Race but offline with ai. Cant so that in any sim.
    Racing vln, Lemans or 12h Bathurst Would be awesome.
    Blancpain or wec the Game would be cool too and unique comperaded to pcars.

Stains likes this.
  17. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I feel exactly the same.
    I've never felt so connected to a "game" before.

18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I'm pretty sure you're totally wrong on so many levels. KS are doing what they love to do, and doing the best job they can at it. Lucky for us (and them), they're really good at doing what they do. They are always improving AC - improving their product doesn't mean beating the competition. I guarantee KS doesn't give a rat's a$$ about pCars2. There's lots of different companies developing racing sims, and there's lots of money to go around. At the end of the day, it's all subjective anyway - no matter how much better pCars2 might seem to some people, just as many people will disagree. Can't we all just get along? This isn't Highlander, ffs.

paul_wev and mms like this.
  19. xela1

xela1 Racer

It all depends on the mod-ability PC2 will offer us, provided that all other aspects are similar to AC.

Kunos will give us one last DLC (Ferrari), maybe another track and will then announce AC2 ( December '17). The pressure to have night/rain/better graphic grows around 22.Sept.

Stains likes this.
  20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

If PCARS2 is improving, it's because they need to do it in order to compete with AC.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk