1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. troy

troy Racer

For me it's mostly the small things that break the experience. A few examples in no particular order:

• MP remote cars still got their wheels glued to the track.
    • No false starts.
    • No pitlane penalties.
    • Automated pitlane speed.
    • MP/SP code differences (I mean common, why would you code stuff twice for MP and SP?)
    • Freejoin/Booking system broken or at best a workaround
    • No track/car rotation without server restart
    • Restart server for every little config tweak
    • Restart acs.exe for every little config tweak
    I probably forgot some things, the list is pretty long tbh. If you boil it down to the essentials this is still netkar pro with a very nice graphics engine, physics tweaks and more openness for modders. I kept coming back to nkp because it drove so well and I keep coming back to AC because of the same reason despite all it's shortcomings.

2. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I realize that bring criticism to the work of Kunos is always bad because it is clear the commitment and passion that they have and the means available, but now they have a solid community is behind them, so maybe it's time to think bigger and invest growth, and not only in content ...

over things already listed for me is really serious:

ability for players to get into session on line already begun.

no chance to see replay game in matches online

no possible choice in game to select the skin you prefer

lack of a career involving (so I guess all the time invested in the development of an incomplete IA could be used for a truly comprehensive multiplayer)

I very much appreciated the efforts of Kunos to introduce the feature as a pitstop in mP and penalty system, but it is clear that the original work did not provide all of this and so I will always have problems. Need a new engine where you can put all the experience achieved in AC and have a SIM truly complete. We have the physical best ever, it is time to develop all the rest .... AC 2.0

3. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Given that the people can't agree what should be the priority even in this thread (AI or not, Oculus or not, etc) I don't think it's a good idea. Besides, the loudest people on the internet forums rarely speak for the majority of buyers and Kunos said they learned that lesson long time ago with NKPro.
    That doesn't mean that people shouldn't voice their opinion, just don't expect the devs to always listen to you. I think they are very well aware about the shortcomings of the game just like we are.

4. so true, no matter what concept you persue as a developer, you will always fall short in certain aspects of the game.

5. ekosan

ekosan Racer

Withdrawn.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  6. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Not necessarily, but most likely as long as quality is in check. Don't you think it makes a big difference jumping from 5 devs to 10 to 50?

If you don't I'll remind you this is the reason AC is lacking so much official content and features compared to other big racing games/sims. It's exactly because they are still to small, not because that can't do it or don't know how to do it.

Fairbanks likes this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Does it matter? Again: not just in AC, but in the racing sim genre they found that only 15-20% of customers (iR being the obvious exception) ever go online. And that still does not mean: going online frequently. Frequent online players are even harder to find. That you meet them online, is not surprising :) The audience met online is not representative for the whole customer pool.

Lets not beat just that dead horse once again. It already gut butchered into pieces.

8. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

Hmm, we have a lot good stuff in this thread.

I suggest Kunos to setup an official bug tracker for the community. I think that would help to a list of all open stuff:
    - issues
    - bugs
    - feature request

If all things are spread over several threads nobody can handle this.

So, please: Please use a open bug tracker to help you for your work and help us to calm done :cool:;)

I am also a software developer and I use normally http://www.redmine.org/
    Its easy to use. Use this very active and good community as tester. Thats okay for me.

And please go back to your old working style: Frequent updates instead of big bang updates :)

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Which is okay if Kunos finished their commercial interest coming from their project by then. What people do with the software once they bought it, is of no commercial relevance. And me, I have enjoyed driving sims that had little or no online activity, and which i never have played online.

But all this is beating this already mentioned dead horse...

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You sure? Last time I checked it seems most offered online tracks and cars were Kunos default trcks and cars, with Snoopy'S Nord being the most outstanding exception from the rule. Which may might be the reason why offline I run many downloaded tracks that online I do not find for racing.

Dead horses on stampede...

11. That is correct and I also thought of it before posting. But as far as organizing goes forums can be a mess and requires more time to evaluate.
    A system like reddit (but official) where we can upvote for ideas or report bugs that other people can also say "this bug also happens on my system" would work better for both developers and players.
    That doesn't mean the forums would be replaced though.

If they do know what needs to be fixed then I expect extra content to be put aside and give priority to these issues or atleast an answer on what will be improved and what can not.

12. That is correct and I also thought of it before posting. But as far as organizing goes forums can be a mess and requires more time to evaluate.
    A system like reddit (but official) where we can upvote for ideas or report bugs that other people can also say "this bug also happens on my system" would work better for both developers and players.

13. This forum is a bug reporting forum.....

liakjim likes this.
  14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I don't object to these being available but I hope most server admins are smart enough to turn them off on pub servers... definitely gonna make public racing worse.

15. I know that, I just shared an idea of how it could be improved.

16. Maybe I read your post wrong, but it sounded like your plan for improving it was to open another one.

17. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I believe that we are not talking of bugs but deficiencies in the game in general, feature undeveloped or missing completely. If the feature is being developed and is not working properly it has a bug.

18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Can somenone tell me how to "like" this a million times?

Thomas Cameron and liakjim like this.
  19. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

I think some people take the criticism too personally. If you really detest a game, you don't think of solutions, changes, or anything. You just don't play it. People who love Assetto Corsa aren't mindless fanboys, and people who mention shortcomings don't mindlessly hate it. This quote pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say:

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."

- James A. Baldwin

I'd really love a lot of those suggestions. And I understand how people who are used to league racing cannot be content with what this game is currently offering so far in that regard. As for the windshield cracking, maybe the game doesn't distinguish between road and race cars, while mostly only the latter have non-glass windshields. And I am pretty sure that team size is still to be taken into account when it comes to development. It's a difference if you have one or two guys working on a specific part of the game instead of 10.

20. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

you read his post wrong. he recommended a bug tracker. bug trackers are dedicated pieces of software built specifically for the task of tracking and handling bugs. they often include voting features which enable community prioritised bug solving. A good example would be http://feedback.arma3.com/