1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

None. :D
    There's still KERS which works kind of like a TC.

2. I don't find the LaFerrari all that difficult to drive (relatively speaking) with the Trofeo slicks (TC switched off), although maybe that's because my testing has been done on track surfaces with optimum grip (boo! hiss! burn him at the stake!) :p For the record, I enjoy driving it even more with the Hypercar road tyres ;)

3. The LaF is easy to drive, slicks or not... Especially after the latest update it got which made it so the dampers are actually working :p

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

About LaF tires, 3:37min
    So the AC LaF street tires are actually the most realistic option, not some in between semis aka realistic street legal Trofeos witch would be another option for the P1

edit:
    Interesting fact about P1 tire options
    default tire are - Pirelli P-Zero Corsa: 245/35 ZR19 fr; 315/30 ZR20 r
    same as the LaF (only narrower f/r) - 265/30 ZR19 fr; 345/30 ZR20 r
    But P1 also can have the Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R, as more track focused tire, only the sizes are weird - 245/35R19 93Y; 305/30R20 103Y
    So witch street tires do AC simulate with the P1?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. This is why I would like to see at least a semislicks option for the Ferrari 458 S3. I am not a big fan of full slicks for these cars, although I guess the S3 is supposed to be a track based version of the car?

6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

S3 = challenge car/race car so the slicks are the correct tire
    If you want street tires drive the regular 458:)
    This is how it supposed to look, only for the licensing reasons it looks like the regular 458
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I would still like to see semislicks on it though ;)

8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Whats wrong whit the regular 458? :p

9. I like driving the regular 458, but I would also like to drive the S3 with semislicks!!! I thought you of all people would have approved :)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Having driven these a little and also ran some laps online at Nords I noticed the cars felt like arcade cars lol and doing 6:21's in both cars on nords full circuit though with optimum grip and mp fixed weather settings 26/32 with the slick tyres.

Seeing this now makes sense but it would be nice if we could have some more control in mp server settings. Weather is not adjustable by server and neither is ambient temps only grip level can be reduced.

It would also be good if we could force tyre limits in mp so we could do street cars with street tyres only. Obviously in mp open servers most will run the fastest tyres and in these cars there is 30 seconds or more between the road and fake slick tyres.

I personally run most of my AC in mp setup servers in combos I want to have a go at and then see if anyone else joins in. Not being able to adjust weather or temps is kind of annoying being in a sim and forced to always run 26/32 temps. It would also be good if time of day would move in mp and temps go up or down along with adjustable cloud cover so we dont have staric track conditions in mp.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Andy-R, Kristaps, V8_KB and 1 other person like this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding Aero on the P1 being over efficiant at speed this seems to be most evident at Dottinger hohe fast left hander over crest. This was with optimum grip and slick tyres but at around 345kmh with DRS open it still understeers through this turn. Not sure if thats because front aero is reduce with the active flaps there but I wouldnt think that it should understeer at such speed through a turn with DRS open. If DRS was not active this corner would be pretty tough to make I think at those speeds due to the rear aero grip.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

speaking my language there Marty, been banging my head against that wall for a loooong time. I really dont understand why they made tyre options for AC if they cannot be used in MP or SP, practice mode is about the only place you can do so.

I tried hosting with suboptimal tyres in the past. mentioned in title and to every player that joined. I noticed an unusualy high number of aliens all of a sudden so gave up on trying to do it like that :p

13. I agree that there should be a way to limit tyre options, although I think that you need to be sensible about car/tyre option/track grip combinations. A good example would be the Ferrari F40 S3 @ Magione. This car with semislick tyres is a real handful at this track even with 100% grip. If you then reduce the track grip down to 90%, you are going to scare off 90% of your potential customers! It's also worth noting that the Fiat Abarth 500SS feels a bit rubbish at Magione with very low levels of track grip.

I joined a server the other night that was running GT2 and GT3 cars @ Mugello. I didn't realise that the track grip had been reduced for the race start (since I was sitting in the pits waiting for the qualifying session to end), and I was caught out. However, once I was aware of it, I adapted very quickly, and it was rather enjoyable. The BMW Z4 GT3 car that I was driving certainly wasn't uncontrollable, and I was performing rather well. In fact, I had a chance of winning one race in this car when I was fighting for the lead with a Ferrari 458GT2 driver, but unfortunately the dreaded "blind backmarker" reared his ugly head again :rolleyes:

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

heheh, yeah I get that you didnt like that f40 magione combo mate :p

I really think it is easier in some ways though. with the semis it can snap out of control all of a sudden if your not careful but with those s 90's it is a lot more predictable.

I love the feel of a car like that, it makes it feel like a real beast when its a struggle to put the power down on the straights. the bare bones kutch mod and koenigsegg mod spring to mind. the f40 actually put its power down quite well still, just had to be gentle in 1st and 2nd.

that aside it just opens up a lot of possibilities for more multi car racing online. it needs to be limited per car, not across the server. then there will be waaay more options for balancing a multi car grid as well as the fun of racing a single car on different rubber.

Christopher Low and Kristaps like this.
  15. Well, I had zero experience in the car that day, so I was biased! My comments are more to do with my recent testing of the car @ Magione with semislicks and optimum track grip.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There has been word of some changes to the server for 1.2 so it would be nice if we could set them up any way that we can also set up an sp session, limiting tyre options per car though I havent heard of as yet but I dont think it would be an impossible task to add that. In SP we can set the game up as hardcore as we like but then in mp we have hardly any of these options. The lobby also needs to be improved and make it easily visible for all exactly how the server is setup so people can simple choose servers that are setup as they like and also it would be nice to be able to filter servers via setup options to make it easier to find one that suits.

Andy-R likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

fingers crossed, I think they could do 2 birds 1 stone and just do per car setup limitation. that way we can limit tyres, fuel (per car) and other setup options all in one.

Kristaps likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was driving a few laps with P1 yesterday and got a chock about how much it understeers :O After reading this thread i thought it would be really good in turns and that would be its strenght but to me it didnt feel better than la ferrari in turns at all.
    Did I drive it completely wrong?

19. rpm

rpm Racer

La Ferrari is much faster in a straight line, P1 does well in corners.

When driving against my brother, once he hits the first straight on Nordschleife the La Ferrari just pulls away never to be seen again.