1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Nice save lol. I imagine a face full of armco is not a cool thing in someone elses hypercar :eek:

VĂ­tor Sousa likes this.
  2. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

This story is tragic... no safety precautions for the crowd and a very powerful car with-- probably-- a somewhat inexperienced driver. I am guessing someone who has made that much money may not have spent that much time really honing his driving skills.

The good news is that everyone that was injured is at least out of intensive care except for one man who was pinned between the Porsche and another car at the static display site he was standing by. God willing all will recover.

MrDoku, xystof and Christopher Low like this.
  3. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis

time to make adjustment to P1?

I baffled how LaFerrari lost to P1 in straight line.

(notice it says in video they did the test 7 times and took the best times) the video doesn't show the best times of each car.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Epocx likes this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Press car LaF did much better...:D

Robin_NL likes this.
  5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Ferrari... press car... much better...

What a surprise and coincidence. :D

6. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Lol
    P1 on Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo R (semislick)
    LaF on Pirelli P-Zero Corsa (road tyres)

7. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Tires??? Trofeo R vs Corsa??? So maybe let's put P1 on slicks and LaF on snow+mud tires...
    Also look when guy in LaF changes gears - @8.4k rpm, while max power is @9.0k rpm...

EDIT: IMO everything should be equal - fuel + same tires (probably Corsas as they are available for all 3 cars while trofeos are only available for P1 from what I remember)

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The thing is none of them is shifting gears:
    And you are right that all cars should be on the same tyres.

9. Znam Neznam

Ferrari claims LaFerrari will do 0-186 mph in 15 seconds.

McLaren claims P1 will do 0-186mph in 16 seconds.

Porsche claims 918 will do 0-186mph in 18 seconds.

Granted that surface they did test is low grip and on slight incline but still

either laferrari is heavier than Ferrari claims (with fuel and fluids weight for laf is 1580kg) or not producing the power it was stated.

Kristaps likes this.
  10. Does anyone else think that the power of these hypercars is starting to get a bit ridiculous? Maybe NASA should use three or four of these engines for the first stage of its Ares launch vehicle.....

11. YetiASX

YetiASX Gamer

Interesting. When P1 doesn't have his Tropheo R, it's much more complicated :D

3316V likes this.
  12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

i couldnt believe it when i read it... but are the p-zero corsa really road tires??

these do not look like normal street tires(p zero corsa asymmetric):
    http://www.tirendo.de/pirelli-pzero...medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=322391&wmc=2288

the trofeo r look more slicklike nontheless:
    https://www.reifenleader.de/autoreifen/pirelli/pzero-trofeo-r/245-35-zr19-93y-192539?utm_source=compare utm_medium=google-shopping utm_campaign=tyre&gclid=COqz0LidnckCFQsCwwodlAwBKw

i hope the links are ok, didnt want to screenshot the pictures...

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

both are road legal
    p zero corsa asymmetric = high performance summer tire, uhp
    trofeo r = semi slick, r compound tire

14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

If not this man I wouldn't even watch 10min video about those cars (or most of other modern (super)cars).
    Here we go, almost 1h of watching:

P1 and LaF on the same tyres.

BTW Portimao is such an awesome circuit... :rolleyes:

15. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Must've just been uploaded, only showing in 360p lol - I can't watch at that res, no way!

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah, still hot. It had 600 views when I posted it, now 3k already.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

LOL, no way I can watch those cars on potato cam. I'll give it half hour. Cheers for the post though, not sure why, but I didn't get YouTube notification for this one...

18. Znam Neznam

Portimao is such a epic track WOW

team kunos plz get some way to license that gem.

I would even take a non laser scanned version of it.

About the video it self.

speechless.

when its all settled seems like the 918 is the best of bunch.

destroys all three in drag race and can lap just a quick even with 4wd and much heavier weight.

19. YetiASX

YetiASX Gamer

But also the less brutal and playful... All three has a very diffrent view of the hypercar, and all three are incredible in their ways :)

Between P1 and LaFerrari the choice would be too hard for me, but unfortunately I don't have to do it :D

Dream1979 likes this.
  20. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Imagine Ferrari building a turbocharged version of the la ferrari :eek::D

I am still totally speechless on why different types of tires were used by SCD. Maybe money is not as endless as it seems :p