1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

It was raining so this is heavy clouds and a damaged car ;)
    Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_ks_nordschleife_12-3-115-22-42-52.jpg

brianr121, Drubermann and 3316V like this.
  2. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

This:

It's unbelievable, that you watch video like this, start up AC, put LaFerrari and P1 on track... and you see and feel everything what they talked about 5 minutes earlier. P1 more understeery, LaF more lively at end, P1 more technocratic, LaF more passionate... etc.
    Seriously - that's the game I waited whole my life for ;-)
    Earlier I hadn't been driving LaF much because it was too... good... and I didn't appreciate it enough but when P1 came and I started driving them one after another. And that's a sensational experience. They are so different yet so similar. Yesterday night I was driving LaF and P1 at Mugello with road tires and green track... It was so, so exciting and intense... gotta give them a go again today!

@Aristotelis

Aris is it possible to set road tires as default for all cars, and set default weather conditions as I wish so after every restart of the game they will be as I want?

3. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I searched found nothing) - what is the story with the IPAS system..is it functional in the AC P1? I would imagine that pressing the button assigned to KERS on your wheel would activate it, but the IPAS does not seem to work?

The P1 comes with Formula 1 derived features such as the Instant Power Assist System (IPAS), which will give an instant boost in acceleration via the electric motor, a Drag Reduction System (DRS) which operates the car's rear wing, thereby increasing straight line speed, and a KERS. Both of these features (IPAS, DRS) are operated via two buttons on the steering wheel.

4. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Yes, Aris answered this here before,
    basically the kers system is always on in race mode! (see the ipas bar on the dash)
    So the kers button is deactivated. and the ipas button is the DRS button.. kindof.. now i am confused lol

It's like in the LaF basically..

sorry for the edits, hope it makes sense lol

5. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Would you mind quoting Aris' reply on this - as I can't find anything. Yes I think you may be confused quite a bit - I know KERS is on all the time on the P1, that was not the question - but thanks for the exclamation mark. IPAS is not KERS, or DRS.

Please read my quote in italics above to understand the systems on the P1.

Looks like IPAS is just not modelled - shame.

6. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

@Aristotelis how much grip procentage you think is realistic for Nord? I use 96 for server..do you think it should be lower? Because 100 is overkill and with 235i it's like train or rails. With 96% you need to do some catching in some corners, makes experience more realistic.

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Why would anyone need an ipas manual button with P1(race mode) when it already boosts to max power automatically unless you are spinning the tires?

8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I've only driven the Ring in scorching hot temperatures on road tires, but to me it feels pretty good with green or old. Both times I was there was 35C + but it felt pretty sticky.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

He's already said that they go for the optimum so that newcomers have an easier time jumping into powerful cars for the first time. I can appreciate that, I asked if they could have it so it remembered the last settings, so if I put the track to fast and cloudy it would keep it at those settings until I changed them again. That would solve it for me. No reply, but seeing as Kunos don't talk about upcoming features much anymore I'm going to take their silence as wink and a nod that it will be changed in the future. :D

xystof likes this.
  10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Most of the threas asking for persistens settings get marked as "as designed" and ignored. It's fine though, I see the point of catering to the casual crowd.

11. Rico_T

Rico_T Gamer

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. Rico_T

Rico_T Gamer

I would like to know if it is possible in AC to force Ai to race with road tires? It seems they only use always the trofeos.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  13. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I think I saw a post where @Aristotelis said that a 95% setting for a grippy track on a race weekend was realistic. Dunno if it's somewhat different for the Nords though

14. @Aristotelis

If you don't mind, can you confirm if the dampers mode on the LaFerrari are in "track mode" ? I can't help but feel like they might be in "comfort mode", as they don't feel as tight as I'd expect them to be. Maybe I know nothing tho :p

xystof likes this.
  15. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

Well, from what I've read at mclarenlife, the customer that brought the cars said that 918 was fast in the first lap with Hot Lap mode activated and then 2nd and 3rd lap just couldn't accelerate that fast and was just slower. And seems like Randy Pobst wasn't able to extract more from the P1 as customer achieved better speeds in slow corners and Randy's combined sector times was much faster which indicates he wasn't at the limit. Looks like ABS is not that effiecient.

Personally, I don't care much about these tests, because when you don't have proper seat time in the car, it must be really hard to extract maximum.

Oh, and P1 can actually drive on Tofeo tires in rain as tested by customers. You just have to be careful.

So we actually don't have modeled Corsa and Trofeo tires for the P1? Oh well, second plus minus, not a deal-breaker. But that wing animation is just horrid.

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Part of Aris' post about grip on The Ring:

17. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Or maybe rsr should do an update and make two classes : "Perfect/Optimum" conditions and "Real/Authentic" conditions.

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I wonder how could RSR be aware of the actual track condition (ie 96%) at the time hotlap time was scored. The actual grip value needs to be checked and not the choice in the launcher otherwise there is no point as track grip will improve with more laps.

19. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

But that's how in reality is too, the track grip does improve with more laps, isnt it? So it would be real.

Also I'm trying to figure out what would the most authentic Nordschleife track settings would be:

1. Track grip Slow @ 12° temp.
    or
    2. Track grip Green @ 15° temp.
    *(both of them for a summer day)

I'm having a hard time settling on one of those option settings. :confused:

20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Ofc it does improve, however if RSR wouln't be aware of the actual track grip condition, the RSR timings would be inconsistent. Although it would take quite a lot of time to improve track grip in nords but for short tracks these timings would be useless for competition.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015