1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

Maybe at a race day but I'd assume on most tourist days people are using normal tyres that don't lay down rubber and it would be no more sticky than any busy road would be.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, probably little lap gain, but quite high session transfer I'd think.

3. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

The P1 feels great to me... thanks for your work. Is there any way to program the speedometer on the dash to read in mph vs. kph when you select that in game?

4. Plak

Plak Rookie

Ingame app "wings" shows P1 produces ~950kg of downforce at ~260km/h. McLaren site states it should be 600kg.
    I`ve tested M3 E92 as well and it`s spot on with total 33kg of lift at 200km/h.
    So app seems to show right values.
    [​IMG]

5. 950 is wayyyyy more than what McLaren quoted. Maybe the P1 is too fast in AC right now with that error?

I'm not home to test right now, what does the La Ferrari show in the in game app?

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's very strange indeed... I'm baffled on how this happened and how everything else sits properly like laptimes etc... uhm something is strange. I'll have a good look during the weekend as I'm struggling with some HD failure problems since yesterday.

If there is an error, I apologize in advance and a proper fix should be deployed next week for sure.

yusupov, xystof, Freddie Seng and 4 others like this.
  7. To be fair, I've noticed that downforce cars are too good at high speed. Like they make almost twice the downforce they should. As for laptimes, maybe low speed grip isn't quite high enough ? And of course with the lesser downforce the cars would be a bit faster on the straights as well.

8. Aristotelis

errr no... you are connecting completely unrelated things, it's better to stay focused to one verified problem (if it is) instead of making confused assumptions

9. True, but then how would laptimes get affected if downforce is toned down ? 260kph in Shwedenkreuz (admittedly on slicks and optimal track) with the P1 sounds a bit fast. Not only that, but the car was wicked stable too.

Anyway, I'll let the pros figure it out, I'm just some nutcase simracer after all :D

10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Slicks.
    Slick tires make a huge difference in terms of grip. Especially on road cars.

11. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I hope you don't mind me linking your quote in my sig, although I did opt out for track surface Green, since it suits better with the "Green Hell" status. :)

kingdomblues, yusupov and Aristotelis like this.
  12. Plus Eightyfourthousand!
    I just love your "rants".

Fun!? ...I'll sure have some of that.
    Tomorrow I shall test the 1.1 and Dream Pack for the first time... I'll come here and whine about something after. :oops:

Aristotelis likes this.
  13. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Kunos, are you sure the DRS isn't supposed to deactivate on heavy steering and that the DRS button isn't to be held down so DRS is kept activated instead of only pressing it without holding?

Missing mode selection.
    Missing boost/IPAS button.
    No launch control.
    No settings for ESC.

Simply there is some single preselected mode selected by Kunos and the car doesn't run anything else :(
    Simulation and realism? Poor.

Please add missing features so the simulated car behaves and has options equal to the real thing.

Filippo94 and yusupov like this.
  14. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Hate & flame incoming.

Epocx likes this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Drs I read the same as you that it should deactivate on steering and be hold to activate. Assume they could just create a second drs mode and apply it per car so it doesn't affect the exos s1. Ipas I'm still not sure on, people say its auto deployed in race mode which is the mode simulated, but as far as I can tell its only doing torque fill, otherwise the charge would go flat really fast but it seems to last for ever. Also the dashboard suggests this too, don't know if that matches the real car or not

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. 3316V

3316V Alien

No it doesn't, because the Nordschleife doesn't rubber up like a normal track, that's why it "should" be in slow.

17. Aristotelis

There is a whole thread about the P1 VS the Ferrari where we discussing about the car. If you could spent 10 minutes reading through it, you would have find that...

Our DRS simulation right now, only permits activation through single press and deactivation on braking. Works well enough to simulate the car, hopefully in the future we would be able to simulate the rest.

We simulate only the Race mode of the car. In that mode IPAS is totally automatic and the "boost feature" doesn't work.

We don't simulate launch control

Also consider that many of the car settings, are McLaren proprietary algorithms that are not so willing to share. We can't possibly simulate every feature of every car in a commercial game (because in the end that's what it is) because at some point you must make some compromise regarding time of development, investment and return of investment... you know in the end the game costs 40€ the real car 1 million. I think we did a pretty impressive work simulating the car handling and complex physics, especially in terms of kers, hybrid systems, aerodynamics etc we really think we offer the best simulation out there.

merging the two threads

brianr121, Dream1979, Fear and 14 others like this.
  18. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Exactly how often do you do 20-30 laps on Nords to see it "rubber up"? "That's why" I'll be fine with Green, you go on and be Slow. :p

19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Maclaren site stated that the rear wing alone produces 600kg... ?!?! the whole car must be more!
    but it doesnt matter now, Aris will look into it.

20. Epocx

Epocx Alien

launch control in a racing sim. maybe autopilot too? then you dont have to do anything.

xystof likes this.