1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Off-track 5 Second Penalty

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FerrariMan96, Nov 13, 2013.

?

What do you think of the current penalty system (with the 5 second throttle-cut)?

1. I like it and it should stay as it is

7.1%
  2. I think it is good but it is currently too harsh

4.8%
  3. I think a two-stage penalty system should be used instead (see below)

12.1%
  4. I think only 'invalidated laps' should be used as a penalty, like in the tech preview

49.5%
  5. I think there shouldn't be any penalties at all for track limits, apart from serious corner cutting

26.6%
  1. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

I'm just a user of this app, KamyKaze ;)

But when reading the 1st post for this Wally's App .... what you suggest for the Turn Off is already written in the 'To do' list" since the very beginning.
    The Turned On is already written in the log file

2. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Sorry my bad :p

3. Usain Bolt

Usain Bolt Racer

Hi kunos, i want to write about two very annoying things of multiplayer sistem: the absence of a cut penalty sistem (the 5 s penalty isn't suitable in my opinion because it create dangerous situations during a race, and in few tracks a player can do a better time by cutting some corners also with this penalty [for example at Monza]), and the not possibility to complete a lap in qualification after the end of session time.

Cut penalty sistem
    We only need a system that cancels lap times when a player go out of the track during qualification, and this system can use the same cut detection system of 5 s penalty.

Possibility to complete lap in qualification
    I had see that in single player is possible to complete the lap after the end of qualification time, so i don't understand why in multiplayer there isn't this possibility. Please implement this also in multiplayer.

Alefruske and Simon92 like this.
  4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

Offline disable penalties. No more 5 sec penalty. Online, you can make your server allow 4 tires off and there's no penalty.

Online you can set up your server to end the race at a set time after the checkered flag waves. You can make that time longer than the standard time given.

5. Alefruske

Alefruske Rookie

iracing "slow down" penalty system is the best and most realistic

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

haha, no. it requires you too slow down far too much for the tiniest mistakes (eau rouge for example). But IMO any automated penalty system has flaws in them that make it unusual. Either it doesn't do enough, or it does too much.

7. zegrande86

zegrande86 Gamer

Hi everyone!

I love Assetto Corsa, I really do! The cars, the tracks, shaders, lighting, feel on the wheel, the wheight transfer of big and small cars, photo mode, career mode, online racing (well it has room to improve :rolleyes:), catching slides, going against the clock...

But why does that five second penalty has to be always enabled to get trophys and stuff??
    I mean, a penalty must be applied when cutting the bus stop at spa... i can understand. But not everytime a car is with 4 wheels off the track means it will gain time... I honestly can't remember a single time i went off track when going out of a corner and have overtaken someone at the end of the straight...

Online gaming certainly doesn't need this penalty as well as offline racing...

Please Assetto Corsa developers remove this! Or change it in some way...
    Make it proportional to the speed the car carries when going off the track limits... add seconds to the session time... warn the driver it has x number or mistakes per session... any ideas??

In online racing this can translate into a crash. Right now we have 2 options: Either "stop" the car to 50 kph, while others are flying by at 200kph, or keep slaming the Accelerator in a frustrating and nerve wrecking situation after a mistake! I think in some way it destroys the experience of AC but it defenetly upsets the driver that was pushing to reach the guy in front of him...

Please consider this!

Thanks

Cuba likes this.
  8. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

It is annoying, and may have been mentioned once or twice before (no sarcasm here your honour!!), hence why your new thread ahs been merged with this one. :)

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I can hear the damage done by years of F1 permissiveness in zegrande86's opinion. The FIA regulations state that cars must stay within the track limits or a penalty can be inflicted. I have read somewhere that the British MSA rulebook even considers that one single wheel on the wrong side of a curb makes you off-track. Sure, we are used to see every two weeks Mr Sebastian Vettel (among others) with all four corners on astroturf. But that is just laxity from F1 stewards. There are corners when you are faster going off wider than track limits, for example double right or left bends. Another example is turn 1 at Hockenheim.

The 5 seconds penalty is nasty and somewhat stupid but it suits the kind of informal races that AC seems to be meant for. On servers where it is disabled, people do take shortcuts. The 5 secs penalty is a sort of compromise to treat both cheaters who are then slowed down a lot and those who go off unintentionally (in which case they are supposed to have slowed down a lot already).

10. Horus

Horus Alien

WOW! This old ray of sunshine. This has been raised more times than Dracula. If you don't want the penalty DON'T DO THE CRIME CROSS THE LINE! :D

Festa_PWR likes this.