1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reversed tracks in v.1.xxx.??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paulieGTR, Nov 20, 2013.

1. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi there devs.:)

This could be a totally moot point(no-one knows what surprises you got up your sleeve).;)

But if possible and not already been planned(for us).

I would most humbly ask you pls very kindly if you would consider letting us drive the tracks in reverse.
    Now this could be licensing issue,(absolutely not your fault, just the way it is) idk.

But if it's not could you, again pls consider this.
    10/11 tracks with reverse becomes 20/22 tracks.

As for problems and bugs that sometimes come with reversing tracks, i wouldn't care too much about them, 'cos they could always be put way down the list of priorities to fix.
    And... at sometime in the future i know they would be fixed.

Thanx for your time.
    Most appreciated...

ps. i'm curious to know what others would think of say, a reversed track/s with maybe some issues that would surely get fixed at some point in time, and would it bother them.

Would you the users mind this, if it we're to happen.??

Again this could all be moot.

karl2c, dauntless, Alexims and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC Physics Tyre deflection reversed? May 22, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Reversed server list sorting by night attribute Nov 27, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Reversed Grid does not working? Apr 17, 2017
    Suggestions Two Races without reversed grid Mar 22, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheel toe reversed? Nov 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Final Gear Ratio slider on Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II reversed Jul 14, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Lights from car 0 (???), reporting as reversed!!! May 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw 1m reversed tyres texture Jul 27, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres (solved) anti squat reversed? Jul 10, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Pedals reversed Jun 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has everyone's opinions on the booking system reversed? Feb 12, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 lights control reversed Oct 17, 2014
    Suggestions Reversed grid in mp Aug 31, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster rgt reversed throttle and break Aug 11, 2014

3. +1

i think all sims are missing this HUGE feature!

paulieGTR likes this.
  4. No reverse. It's a noob arcade option.

5. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi Darcy.:)

No need to be rude and abrupt with people.

I'm certainly no noob and i don't ever have arcade apps on my rig.
    Been racing for many, many years mafrien'.

Snarffu likes this.
  6. you obviously never tried spa reversed in your life.

anyway, keep "simulating". ;)

Snarffu and paulieGTR like this.
  7. Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

I just think that if the option does not exist in reality, should not exist in a simulator.

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

np's mafrien'.

And what about the options that exist in reality but not in a simulator.??

If you don't like to run a track in -R, then you could choose not to.:)
    But i'm sure there'll be many people who would like the option, if it was at all there.

9. the only reason people don't race real world tracks in reverse
    is because of safety reasons and costs (for the track owner).

otherwise, ask any race driver if he would refuse to lap a track
    in reverse and come here tell me his answer.

paulieGTR and Kristaps like this.
  10. TTM

TTM Alien

In my opinion reversed tracks tracks are "cheap" way to add more tracks to games. No thanks, more real tracks please.

dkwuan, Jackson Foley, Ruskyv and 4 others like this.
  11. yeah, because i prefer the "expensive" way to add more tracks to games. :p

dauntless, Alexims and paulieGTR like this.
  12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

I get what you say mafrien, really i do.:)

But since we've got what is it 11/12 tracks being released for v1.0(afaik), i was only asking if Kunos could give us the option to drive these in Reverse.
    This equates to 11/12 becoming 22/24.

Or, you could just stick with your 11/12 tracks.
    I know what i'd rather have though.

+ with future tracks(DLC) i wouldn't want to get told we have "6 new tracks" to fire up the sim and find it's "only 1 track with 5 variations"(underhandedness, misleading).
    However, i would pay the same price for that "only 1 track with 5 variations". if i knew in advance what i was actually buying or paying for.:)

I hope you see what i mean.

Tucker73 likes this.
  13. 3316V

3316V Alien

Imola in reverse it's AWESOME.

paulieGTR likes this.
  14. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Sure make it an option but I agree, it's kinda cheap. And personally I won't be driving Imola or Monza in reverse...they are driven the same way for a very long time, this is how we know them and I believe most hardcore racers will not be excited to driver them in reverse...

15. guys, it's not cheap.

it's smart.

Alexims likes this.
  16. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Just one question.
    Whats the point of having laserscanned tracks, if we're just gonna end up racing on fictional ones?
    (Yes I consider reverse tracks fictional)

17. TheDyingScotsman

Not really. If it was, then Formula 1 would just say oh hey, we have 20 tracks this year. We race 10 then do the same 10 backwards....come on. it's cheap and nasty. These iconic tracks are MEANT to be driving in a specific direction. but hey if you have time on your hands, you can go and practice 50 laps on spa in reverse<. personally and I think i speak for many many racers when I say this, I will be carrying over my experience of these tracks from other sims and continue to race them THE RIGHT WAY ROUND :). If you want reverse tracks, you have GT series or Grid 2 lol. Next you guys will be asking for mirrored and reverse mirrored versions. Then you will want to make Eau Rouge "better". Stop!

18. as i've said before, in the real world there are issues to driving in
    reverse that are not present in simulators.

by the way you express yourself, i can see you never drove a lap
    around spa or laguna seca in reverse in any sim.

if you did, you would know that it's a whole new experience and
    a lot of new corners for you to learn and master.

you either see and understand the benefits or you don't... in your
    case, i see you don't.

Alexims and paulieGTR like this.
  19. Horus

Horus Alien

Reverse tracks are not my idea of fun, but then ovals are a mystery to me when it comes to entertainment. They should an option, just like drifting is going to be in AC, though I don't see that as racing, but one of pointless smoke and noise, all personal preference for sure. I'm all with Paul, if a DLC says 5 tracks they better be 5 different tracks, the same with cars, I do not want just skins they have to be original cars. Seeing how these things have been done in NetKar I worry little, I don't think Kunos has gone money grabbing nuts yet. :)

paulieGTR and TheDyingScotsman like this.
  20. TheDyingScotsman

• This is not acceptable here.
    Of course i never drove round them in reverse, because I'm not a complete idiot. There is no point in doing it when they are meant to be driven the way they are driven in real life. Sure it would be a whole new experience but a pointless one and a waste of time. If you don't understand WHY I won't race them in reverse then I can't explain it to you. But you either see the benifit of driving them in their original configuration, when that is how you will race them, or you don't. Obviously you don't and prefer to waste your time racing them in reverse. Waste of time.....No serious sim has ever had this option, only arcade games. if you want arcade like I said, you have your pick....leave arcade options in arcade games thankyou.

OR maybe I am dumb. How about we learn to drive our cars in reverse...surely we must learn some amazing steering skills by doing that. Let's have reverse races or races where we take off one wheel, or drive blindfolded. I mean where does it end?

21. RaceBump

RaceBump Gamer

Going down hill through Eau Rouge feels like sacrilege.

Seriously though, I'm not against adding a reverse option but I don't think I would partake in it. Feel's a bit gimmicky to give the appearance of more tracks. Maybe down the road when people create fictional tracks, reverse would be more appealing to me. Just my .02, and it's not like I (or anyone would get annoyed) if it was done, we don't have to choose it as a option.

TheDyingScotsman and Horus like this.