1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reversed tracks in v.1.xxx.??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paulieGTR, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

reversed tracks are very, very funny. Test it before you grumble. :cool:

Alexims and paulieGTR like this.
  2. plaid

plaid Alien

Do it.
    The amount of tracks is pretty limited. A reversed layout is usually a new layout, even its the same track.
    Its more of a new track, then a shortcutted version, which is just the part of an allready existing track.

Joux Plane and JP reverse are actually two tracks, even they share the scenery. And they are the best for me, yet.

Rerversed Spa, Ring or JP >>> Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Mugello, Vallelunga.

Simulators are definied by the physics in this case including Motorsport.
    It is an unnecessary reduction to bring all the limitations of reality in it, just for the sake of realism.
    The stubborn and pedantic realism purists are pretty loud, but shouldnt be the majority.

Alexims, Snarffu and paulieGTR like this.
  3. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Yes reverse all tracks if it is an option. There is absolutely no reason not to if licensing allows it.

paulieGTR, Alexims and Xenix like this.
  4. plaid

plaid Alien

Beware: Maybe the owners of the tracks are hardcore-simracers. "No, no! You cant do that, its unrealistic!"

mistery, paulieGTR, Alexims and 3 others like this.
  5. Alexims

Alexims Gamer

To leave opened the option to drive in reversed tracks is a very good and smart idea.
    Totally agree. And what about the real track of Misano?.
    Are the owners (or the people who decided to change the track direction) 'arcade' track owners?
    Is the real track of Misano an 'arcade real track'?
    Are the current real racers 'arcade' racers because they drive in an 'arcade real track'?
    Are the current real world championships races, 'arcade' races? o_O

And about the 'realism' or 'realistic things':
    why the realism should limit our experiences in a real simulator with real physics?.
    why not to enjoy situations that we will never enjoy in real life, with a real simulator?

I'm a veteran sim-racer who loves only 'real' o 'realistic' physics, btw.

6. Alexims

Alexims Gamer

"Going down hill through Eau Rouge feels like sacrilege". PC gamer said.
    "Yes I consider reverse tracks fictional'. PC gamer said.
    "No reverse. It's a noob arcade option". PC gamer said.​

Below, photo of Troy Bayliss, World SBK 2007, at the Circuito Internazionale Santamonica
    (a noob and arcade rider at Misano reversed, doing sacrilege?).
    [​IMG]

Xenix and JocoG like this.
  7. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

*GASP* HEDONISM!

8. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Witch craft!! I hope he was caught and burned at the stake.

Horus likes this.
  9. Alexims

Alexims Gamer

Well, I would never say that of any of those PC gamers.
    That it easy, Dori.

10. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if you understood my comment or not? I was joking about Troy Bayliss driving the reverse track being witch craft. I was not saying to burn the PC gamers :D

Snarffu and Alexims like this.
  11. Alexims

Alexims Gamer

Oops... I'm sorry, Dori. My apologies.
    I thought that your comment was referring to me and I was a bit confused. Now it makes sense to me and I like it more ^^
    I'm not a nature English speaking (I need on-line translators) and is not always easy to get the point of every message.
    Cheers and thank you for clarifying.

12. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

No problem Alexims, I understand. Sometimes on line translators can make things confusing ;)

Alexims likes this.
  13. Alexims

Alexims Gamer

Yes, Dori, with translators we can understand every word, but sometimes English native speakers write like everybody in their own language, with sarcasms, ironies, jokes, indirect messages, initials, abbreviations, acronyms, slang, orthographic mistakes, sloppiness in writing and typical phrases and expressions in English which have no literal translation, neither meaning in other languages (like any other language has) that translators can't show.

For example I know what is a 'Gasp' and I know what is the 'hedonism' but I don't understand what kalabaleek wants to say exactly.

I totally agree, Plaid.

Long time ago I raced in some SBK Spanish championships and I've been watching all my life all kind of motorsport races, and I also enjoyed the best sims since 1995, so I know quite well lots of tracks that exists in real life. But I know some old real tracks only in my PC sims, so actually, in fact, for all of us who we have never raced in most of all these old real tracks in real life, are simply fictional tracks, because we only know this tracks in a 3D map, actually, without any reference, not even we have seen some of them in old footages, or in documentaries, or in old racing videos, nor in any TV program neither in photos.

Most of us we saw for first time the 1967 versions of Rouen, Watkins Glenn and Zandvoort in Grand Prix Legends. We all knew that these versions were real long time ago, but, had we seen it before? Did we knew, most of no-german motorsports lovers, the complete track of Nordschleife before David Kaemmer had made it for GPL?. Has anyone seen the real track of Saint Jovite?, or Clermont Ferrand?, or the track of Virginia?, Birmingham?, Lausitzring?, the Isle of Man?, Oschersleben?, Riverside?, Kyalami?, the old Jarama or Montjuic?. Some tracks and some of us, yes, but some other tracks and some of my dear purists of real tracks, no, never. They didn't even bother to check if their realistic tracks of their sims were exactly like the real ones, so, why so worried if there is an option to enjoy AC tracks in reversed mode or modders make new and beautiful tracks never seen before?.

The AC scanned tracks are amazing. Exactly like real tracks. Really stunning job. I love them. There include even the real safety that is not needed in sim racing. But the only real tracks exist only in real life. In your PC's you have 3D tracks, so are also fictional, LoL. The real tracks are perfect to emulate real races and to race against other racers. Although to be honest, I will be happy with riskier, adrenalinic and faster new tracks in AC, with more elevation changes and extremely dangerous like was Solitude, Sachsenring'67, Spa-Francorchamps'67, Machwerk'67, the old Österreichring, Bremgarten (the GPL version) and is the current Nordschleife, Le Mans, Isle of Man...

Fictional (or not), fantasy (or not), reversed (or not), all tracks are fine if the physics of the simulator are good and realistics. An 'arcade option' in a realistic physics simulator is an oxy*****. And I will never going to despise a fictitious track because it doesn't exist in real life. If the track it's made well it will deserve all my respect and appreciation.

14. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

This...
    ...and all of this.!! :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Alexims likes this.
  15. Pnume

Pnume Rookie

Not having the reverse version of each tracks would be a serious waste of contents.
    It is very easy to implement and pretty much double the track content of the game.

For the hill climb it is even a game changer. I would be very disapointed if they didn't add this to the game.

16. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

BUMP!!

where are the REVERSE tracks?

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

It is imho kinda strange how some people can have so strong negative opinion about something like this. Reverse tracks can be great fun to drive and as such are an easy way to multiply the amount of content in the game. Compared to making a totally new track adding a reverse version of some track is basically instant. If realism is your problem then there is nothing forcing you to use the reversed configs.

In a way this is not about adding something to the game that is bad. This seems to be all about some people wanting other people to not have something. It is the sad attitude of "I don't want this so no one should have it".

Some tracks do run in both directions for different purposes. Some tracks run shorter versions for racing schools in both directions, some tracks have parts that are run both directions because of multiple layouts using same piece of road in both directions. Some tracks are run as rally stages to reversed direction (nordschleife for example). So it is unrealistic to not have tracks run in both directions.

Despite being relatively easy to add there are some things that are required. Obviously the timing gates need to be mirrored/moved. Starting grids need to be made for the reversed configs. Corner marshalls probably need to be turned to look other direction. Corners also need braking markers. Then there is the problem of kerbs. Some are saw tooth like this /\/\/\/\ while other kerbs are directional |\|\|\|\. I don't know if the tracks in ac have directional kerbs and how do those kerbs react when driven in opposite direction. Trackside cameras also may need some work. Some lods may need some work although I did not see any lod issues when I drove couple of tracks backwards. Then there is the problem of ai paths.

Now, moving timing gates should not be difficult. Starting grids will take some time. Corner marshalls is 5 minute job. Adding and removing braking markers should not take much longer either. Kerbs are probably best left as is. If some parts of reversed tracks are really buggy because of kerbs then the kerbs need to be fixed or that reversed config dropped. Trackside cameras may or may not need work. Depending how well you want the to make the cameras it may take the most time out of all these actions. Changing lods is probably just one number in the editor. I don't know how big effort it is to make new ai for the reversed track.

In the end the fact is ac doesn't have all that many tracks atm. Reversed tracks is a great and cheap way to add tons of content with very little development costs. And the best part is if you do not want to use them you don't! There are no new features needed to be coded into ac. Just like there are s versions with cars it would be nice (and just as "realistic") to have s versions for tracks as well. I'd guess those who don't want to race on reversed tracks will never drive any of the s version cars either? Because if you do that makes you a hypocrite, right? S cars are fine because you like them but s tracks are bad because you don't like them? :D

paulieGTR, Alexims and GTHQ_koop like this.
  18. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

placed vote for reverse tracks, cant hurt none.

paulieGTR and Alexims like this.