1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reversed tracks in v.1.xxx.??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paulieGTR, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

I liked the reverse track options in LFS. Those are some excellent fictional tracks btw. Some of them are more fun than real race tracks.

Not so sure about driving real tracks in reverse though but I wouldn't mind the option if it was there and certainly won't hate others for wanting it.

Alexims, Xenix and paulieGTR like this.
  2. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Would be cool, i tested just out of fun Imola reversed.
    Was fun :D

Alexims, Xenix and paulieGTR like this.
  3. 3316V

3316V Alien

At least we don't have the "wrong way" sign anymore in practice mode.

Alexims and paulieGTR like this.
  4. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Rookie

I suggest you to drive the Nordschleife in a random sim in reversed direction. It's a great expierence, and it feels like a new Nordschleife although it's the same track.

B1gy, Alexims, Xenix and 2 others like this.
  5. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

You seem to prove you wrong a LOT here on the forums.
    You'll be warned.

6. Funny how the most trivial of suggestions can trigger such heated and spirited debates. I think I ran the Ring in reverse years ago in one of the Forzas and it was quite a challenge....It was literally learning a whole new track. I don't get why people think that the kerbs would have to be remade (it IS physically possible to drive any of these tracks in reverse, the safety and clean-up trucks do it all the time) and pit exit could be pit entrance and vice versa. Other than programming the AI it doesn't seem like something that would be that big of a project (programming the AI could be huge though, I don't know).

I personally would have to be pretty bored before I would make laps on reversed tracks but with the sim only having a handful of tracks and many of them only having one variation it would make a nice bump in different varieties to drive. It wouldn't upset me if at some point this became a reality for AC but I would hope that no time would be spent on it until many more important things were finished first. (and I'm willing to bet the OP would agree)

A little off topic here but what is up with the "if I don't like it then you are an idiot if you do" attitude around here. Many of us are died in the wool, hardcore simracers and rabid motorsport fans but just because somebody wants something that you view as sim-racing sacrilege as long as it doesn't affect you then what the hell does it matter? Do some of ya'll think that if Stefano sees this thread he will be like "that's a great idea, stop everything and get me a reversed Imola; V1.0 and all it entails can wait until I figure out how to flip the lollipop man"? Pretty sure that they have a plan in place and any ideas they like from the suggestion thread will be things they work on down the road when and if they have down time.

I don't want people in my on-line lobbies running with controllers and third person view because I am hardcore, old, and set in my ways but I am damn glad that AC has the option for them to play and experience the sim. If there is no option and I have to let them in my server then I will cry a river in the forums but until then the way they play doesn't affect me so what do I care?

Sorry for going so off the rails there.

paulieGTR, kalabaleek and Obizzz like this.
  7. Fred Joseph

Yeah.. NOT funny... and that will only leads to one thing : closing of this forum.. :(

paulieGTR, Shaddix and Obizzz like this.
  8. @Fred Joseph That would be a shame but when you get a bunch of hardcore sim-racers and give them the realistic sim they have been waiting years on there is going to be animosity when people suggest things that they see as "arcade" (and when you need to market said sim to the casual gamepad crowd there will inevitably be a culture clash).

I would hate to see the chit-chat section of the forum get closed because the vast majority of the conversations here are very cordial.

9. Fred Joseph

I'm not against clash of culture - it usualy raise the discussion - but I see too many people call people "idiots" or that kind of sad words.

paulieGTR and Obizzz like this.
  10. True.....I'm sure all of us have been guilty of saying things on a forum that we would never say to somebody face to face. (at least not sober anyways) Hopefully a dev warning here and there will keep things civil.

paulieGTR and Fred Joseph like this.
  11. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Mugello reversed and the D1 e30 M3 are a match made in heaven.

12. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

13. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I have no problem with reversed tracks as an option for practice, hot-lapping, and AI racing, although I wouldn't want to be forced to drive them in career or online races.

Xenix, paulieGTR and Fred Joseph like this.
  14. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

You're focusing only on the negative. I have made plenty of positive posts, helping people, discussing things etc. I apologise for my bad attitude, no one's perfect.

Alexims likes this.
  15. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Wow, this was a fascinating read. A lot of guys here need some serious anger management support. Poor guys are going to die of blood pressure erupting from their ears if this becomes any more heated...

Hornbuckle pretty much nailed it here. We can't shut out every other kind of player than the elite mega hardcore sim racer that has a sim rig that breaks your legs if you crash; and kill you if it's hard enough of an impact. Because it ain't realistic to survive a head on collision with a wall in 200 mph. Or travel around the world in a few clicks.

Anyway, if it doesn't interfere too much with dev time, what's the reason to stop others to enjoy this feature? Egocentric mindset. I wouldn't do it more than for a laugh sometime but I can already do it. But that's not for me to decide for everyone. It would add to the possibilities and wouldn't force anyone at all to do it...

Xenix, paulieGTR, 3316V and 1 other person like this.
  16. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I think it's just fear. People are afraid that because there aren't many tracks the devs might include reverse tracks in career mode or online. Yes simracers are very egocentric, most people know what cars and tracks they prefer and dislike developers' time being spent elsewhere.

If you asked the question 'would you like the possibility of playing reversed tracks in AC in hot lap or time attack mode?' 80% would agree. If you asked 'would you reguarly play reverse mode?' only about 20% would agree.

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. 3316V

3316V Alien

:D:D:D

18. mattrick

mattrick Racer

I was just going to start a new post about reversed tracks after driving around Mugello for a few laps in the 1M - I think it would be a great idea (and relatively cheap for Kunos to implement) - Mugello in particular already has most of the rumble strips in place for it to work going around the wrong way.

Xenix and paulieGTR like this.
  19. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

Congratulations, you have just described videogames.

Bill, Xenix and paulieGTR like this.
  20. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Well i suppose you could go over to RaceDepartment and share that opinion with these guys, since they had they're servers set up @"Reverse spa" on a few occasions, and other tracks also.

WTCC ‘06/’07
    Anderstorp, Sweden
    Brands Hatch, UK
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Curitiba, Brazil
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Macau, China
    Magny-Cours, France
    Monza, Italy
    Oschersleben, Germany
    Pau, France
    Porto, Portugal
    Puebla, Mexico
    Valencia, Spain
    Zandvoort, Netherlands

Additional tracks
    Estoril, Portugal
    Imola, Italy

Vara Raceway, Sweden (Fictional) - amazing track and used for race events.

Alternate layouts
    Brands Hatch Indy
    Curitiba Oval

Curitiba Reverse
    Monza Reverse

Monza Junior
    Macau Reverse
    Magny Cours National
    Oschersleben B-Course 06

Oschersleben Reverse 06
    Oschersleben B-Course 07
    Oschersleben Reverse 07
    Puebla Oval
    Puebla Special
    Valencia Nacional
    Valencia Long

Valencia Reverse
    Zandvoort Club

I don't know why people need to be so angry with each other, with the dragging of their knuckles attitutde, there's enough of it in the world already.

Alexims, barrelbreak and Xenix like this.