1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

S1e05 - changelog and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nonnex, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i caught that part of the stream and i thought it was so that people can finish their Qualifying or Practice lap at the end of the session. to avoid trolls who will sit on track so the session never ends they have implemented 120% lap time countdown, maybe im wrong?

snyperal and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  2. that was exactly how I understood it

Andy-R likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

ehm, isnt that what i typed or did i missunderstand you?
    If number 1 car get a time of 1 minute (100%), the ones on track are allowed to go 20% slower before the race starts? I might think completely wrong here but its sunday after all.

snyperal and Andy-R like this.
  4. The kerb of death bug fix is the most important part of the 1.2 update for me. I was racing @ Mugello yesterday in the Lotus Exige 240R and Scura, and I was taken out by that annoying bug in probably 50% of my races :mad:

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

ok, then i think we took it to mean the same. i just misunderstood your previous post

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Really some nice improvements when you take some time to check all the points listed. Some are only a one liner, but relatively huge inprovements when thinking about.
    Just like some other posters has mentioned: wheel tourqe alignment, kerbs, sat, some more server settings etc.

The improved AI looks (at least for me) very good (or much better) then the ai we have at the moment. The later possibility to giv the AI drivers some kind of human salt would giv the AI drivers a bit of an own mentality too. I like that way of thinking.

Of course the Server plugins should not to be forgotten, this is maybe the biggest improvement which does'nt look like a big thing at the moment, but it will when the first apps will pop up for sure. Good times will come regarding organized racing!!!

All in one it is a very nice list of points that make AC 1.0 better. Well I can understand that one or the other wanted to have some of their own prios on that list, but its how stefano has sayed, its not possible to make everybody happy. But I dont give up, maybe my some of my personal points are shown next time ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Dookie, bigbawmcgraw, Minolin and 2 others like this.
  7. He already talked about sparks, no sparks for now, for deeper explanation watch stream ep 2 I guess or 1, watch them all in any case, they're worth every minute

Epocx likes this.
  8. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Not sure in which one but i seem to remember that he coded in the difference between car colisions and world to car collisions. its only a small step to sparks in my noob opinion :D

9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

No word on the 'Tire Load Sensitivity' ...:(

10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

"Fixed Kerb Hard Collision", OH ME OH MY. I prey he got that fixed properly.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

He said, was asked on the chat. He still needs to see with Aris what exactly is needed for this. At 1:33:20.

LeDude83 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  12. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

Ok not in 1.2 but will be added in future?

13. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

It's all about the multilayer for me. I'm curious to see what the lobby restrictions for races underway will be, and weather I'll be able to save a replay, and maybe finish a race with leader board so if somebody quits to save a replay, it still shows their finish position.

14. no go on the replay features unfortunately.

15. Ah, yes. You have just reminded me of another feature that is top of my wanted list.......automatic saving of replays. There is no reason why anyone should have to quit AC in order to save a race/practice replay.

baronesbc, Epocx, nate and 1 other person like this.
  16. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

I don't know why but i'm not that bothered by this. has only caught me out a few times. I've also been caught out on other tracks, spa and imola at least.

more important to me is the race session will be locked so no late joiners will ruin the race.

Horus likes this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'd still say the plugins might enable a server-saved replay in the current state. We'd just need some clever guy who understands how the replay file is built and is willing to throw huge amounts of work and frustration there.

18. Ah, okay, you would know much better than me if something like that is possible.

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wouldn't solve everything (especially instant replay), but I think the last n session-replays laying around on the server could be huge for some, too.

20. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Im more interested to hear why something as important to the game as fixing this bug is... wasnt implemented sooner instead of waiting for the 1.2 patch. It was seemingly fixed in May according to Stefano's twitter page. When something so drastically improves the game, there is zero reason to keep the game bugged out instead of doing a quick hotfix.