1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

S1e05 - changelog and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nonnex, Jul 19, 2015.

1. According to Stefano, it isn't....might change, wouldn't be the first time that a decision was reversed, but as of right now, according to Stefano as said on one of his live streams, there is no plans for it. (it would seem that you will have to actually race the guys, instead of beating them on a penalty.)

nonnex likes this.
  2. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

the z4 gt3 has heavy ffb, lower dat gain.

3. I don't have a problem with waiting for the green lights to change into first gear. It's the same for everyone. My problem is getting away from the line at anything other than a snail's pace in one or two cars, particularly the P45C. It's rather embarrassing to qualify near the top of the grid, and then get overtaken by half the field on the run down to T1 :oops:

4. Getting off topic, but if you have a clutch pedal that should never happen...even in semi-auto cars.

Horus likes this.
  5. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

For manual cars if you have a shifter you can (just need to keep clutch depressed until lights go out), for sequential boxes I don't really have a problem as I hold revs and clutch at certain point then select 1st as the lights go out, can't see how any extra time is being lost over reaction time?

6. Are you saying that I need to use the clutch at race starts, even in paddle shifter cars?

snyperal likes this.
  7. I do. More out of force of habit than anything, but the clutch works even in the semi auto cars

8. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes I do, maybe starting without it is the reason for your slow get-aways?

Horus and keith atamanchuk like this.
  9. Quite possibly. Expect to see me leap off the line tonight! :D

10. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

In real life the most of the semi automatic race cars use cluth.

I want to press cluth, engage first, and then until the ligths go down move my feet to go away, but is annoying to play between the paddle and cluth right now!

11. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I always wondered why autoclutch wasnt enabled for automatic/paddle shifter cars and manual clutch disabled. ^^
    lets hope we can get a driver-sided ffb lock sometime soon. (from the livestream... i mean catstream)
    i think these small things related to sensory input make a whole lot of difference.

the slow speed ffb for example is improved further. lovin it :)

PS: Biggest patch: fuel calculator !!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

what is "fixed bodywork sound when standstill for some cars" ?

13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

dont know exactly eighter. But If I must guess I would say that there were some cases where the bodywork samples were playing when the car stands still, just like as it stated ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. The curious aspect of this "slow getaway from the grid" issue is that some of the paddle shifter cars are extremely good off the line without using the clutch. The BMW Z4 GT3 and M235i R are great, and the Evora GTC and GX aren't too bad. This presumably means that it only affects some of the paddle shifter cars?

15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Ditto

16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Idk, the M235i is good because it has comparably low power with high grip, just press the gas and it goes.
    The problem is just there that real life cars would have autoclutch basically. But in game you have to overpower an instant gear in.

17. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

It's almost essential! I've been struggling with the 458 off the line, but the gt3 cars seem to get away well without it.

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Leemstradamus, wedge_one and A.r.e.s. like this.
  19. D1visor

D1visor Alien

"Leaked" from Stefano's coding stream. Pretty sure of it.

phil likes this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think these patch notes are fake, they are just focusing on consoles dudes. gg