1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

S1e05 - changelog and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nonnex, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

easy answer: this is a deep simulation problem with alot of math. sometimes problems are not easy hotfixes.

Also in the changelog:
    active differentials.
    Nisan GT-R

NICE!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    FishforRent, LeDude83 and Chessiah like this.
  2. nightfire275

nightfire275 Gamer

Ballast and fixed setups didn't make the final cut for features in 1.2? Or is this list not confirmed to be final?

3. ballast made it in but not fixed setups IIRC (not even sure if fixed setups are on the radar for later)

4. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Ability to prevent players from going to the track after a race has started. (Hopefully they can still join the server).
    This should reduce accidents by 50%.

Horus, snyperal and offcorsa like this.
  5. wumpert

wumpert Rookie

Better Ai, cant wait..

Help me out please, what does SAT mean ?? I've seen it a hundred times but havent a clue.

6. Self Aligning Torque - The FFB forces that self centers the wheel.

7. wumpert

wumpert Rookie

Yes of course, thanks for connecting the dots for me...duh. Must be a big change in FFB feel I imagine.
    I'm ditching the ingame canned effects for simvibe+kickers pretty soon, and am very curious how the pure 1.2 FFB turns out.

8. D1visor

D1visor Alien

That is already in to my knowledge. If I join a server where the race just started I spawn in pits and can't go out until the grid is empty and all the cars are a few seconds ahead. If you're on the grid and don't press the "drive" button with X seconds remaining the same will happen. Only instance that can be troublesome would be a car on the starting grid waiting for green and then he suddenly has to go AFK causing others to potentially collide with his car.

9. IIRC there will now be the option to either join mid race but not be allowed to leave pit road, or not be allowed to join once the race starts at all. I might have misunderstood him but this is what I am expecting. What you experienced D1visor is simply the prevention of AFK players starting the race parked on the start line.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You can still turn off the canned effects and get good feedback. I prefer it with those sliders on 0, give it a try. :) (I do have a little extra kerb though)

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

This means my ability to drive slightly over the edge will be vanish a second time :(

12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Why do you think that? I would think it should enhance the ability todo so, because of the better force feedback.

Or maybe I have missed your point...

13. mykola1985

mykola1985 Gamer

nice to see improved AI!!! Thet was the reason why I abbandoned Assetto Corsa

who wants a sim where AI won't overtake if you stay at their racing line?

14. J. Borges

J. Borges Racer

OMG OMG. Finally!! This was so annoying and unrealistic, glad they added this. Maybe 1.2 will make me put pCars aside and return to AC!

mykola1985 likes this.
  15. wumpert

wumpert Rookie

I have slipping at zero, some kerb for kicks but road is really important for me on the flats, just feels weird without.

But it is a good idea setting all canned effects at 0 when the new patch arrives to better feel the changes made in FFB.

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The fixed tires choice is for MP races? Is not possible to force the AI cars to have the type of tires we want? For example I don't want to do a hypercar race with the hypercar semislicks, just with their street. Or do a ac cobra race with Vintage, for me and for the AI.
    An option inside the car setup - tyres: Below our tires selection, a place to change tires for AI, or it automatically changes based on the tires we pick in our car setup.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Will this SAT make a huge difference in the FFB or is it the wheels force that bring back the steeringwheel? :/ I really dont understand.

18. wumpert

wumpert Rookie

Best explanation i've read sofar;
    https://drracing.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/self-aligning-torque/

Going by that I would say SAT is a major direct FFB force (when wheels are not aligned with travel direction that is)

1.2 almost here, we'll know soon enough.

nonnex likes this.
  19. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

About time the FFB got better. Not since the last summer-autumn has ffb seen any headway. If anything it was numbed down from a crispier ffb. It sort of feels that ffb as it is atm is not on pair with z4 gt3. This cars physics are giving very detailed feedback, but half of it is gone missing with current ffb on my logi. That's something I'm looking forward to testing out with the new SAT.

20. jairov96

jairov96 Racer

When is going to be possible to engage first gear before a race start?

I can't believe that still I need to lose time engaging first gear when the lights turn off..
    Something really stupid but very important, IMO.

Rolf Kazamba and Kristaps like this.