1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

S1e05 - changelog and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nonnex, Jul 19, 2015.

1. nonnex

nonnex Alien

2. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Just because we are talking about reddit. The AC crowd is very rare represented there comparing to other (not bigger in user numbers) games.
    Wondered about this just a few months ago.

3. HelplessDeer

HelplessDeer Simracer

Might be because we have an official forum to communicate about AC related things (and be able to directly contact the devs, technical support, etc.), the majority of the people who play AC also check the forums every now and then, but I doubt that the majority of the AC-owners check the AC subreddit.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

ya think so, too.

but comparing to the numbers of players, the participation and activity is limited to a relatively small group.
    But maybe it does only seems so to me and I fell into the trap to compare with titles of other genres.

Its only a obervation since we are talking about social medias and ofc the changelog.

Changelog:
    stefano will get deeper into it in his next stream

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  5. Blame

Blame Alien

Yeah...stil waiting for 1.2.

6. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Eagerly waiting for 1.2.

Hope they release it by the end of the week.

7. Yeahone

Yeahone Gamer

"Game timing is now using high resolution timer unless a drift is detected and the timer is switched to 1ms resolution"

This has caught my attention.
    Does this mean those of us who currently are experiencing issues with the framerate
    (due to the change of the ingame timer since version 1.0.2)
    and therefore had to lock the refresh to 50FPS can expect to get the smoothness of 60FPS back unless the CPU is overclocked?

Edit

Should really have watched the stream before posting. Just realized that my question is answered in the first minutes of the video.

Eagerly waiting for the new patch to try if the new solution works with my system...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Epocx likes this.
  8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    wedge_one and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. magzire

magzire Alien

Should be next friday

10. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

If it is a sequential transmission you do need to use the clutch. If you tried to start without it in real life you would stall. The semi-automatics I am not sure. The clutch still works in them, but I don't think that the actual cars have a clutch pedal.

11. Source?

12. magzire

magzire Alien

Well there only testing for bugs. Shouldn't take that long.

13. I believe Stefano is going bug hunting on his stream in an hour.

14. This will probably have 1.2 info:

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats assuming they dont find any bugs, no point testing for them if you have no intention on fixing them before the release. :D

kosh and Horus like this.
  16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

lol that picture ... very nice.
    Race bug... race!

Minolin likes this.
  17. The sparks are not going to be implemented due to the amount of cclculations they require , i pmed aris about this months ago and thats what he replied.

18. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

Really? They can make it fake. Just visual! Look at drive club! It's nice effect. AC need sparks, race have sparks!!

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Its just removed because the current implementation is eating to much of the physics calculation time for a visual effect only.

it does not mean that it will never come back when there is a better algorithm or whatever found for that. Its just not that important like other driving relevant things and not the top prio I guess.

20. Would of been nice to have sparks , especially on the nords but if not then we will just have to wait for Assetto 2 .

Horus likes this.