1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The biggest sim race of all time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rustygears73, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

So why don't you?

Snoopy, mms and bondyboy like this.
  2. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

tbh that looks like ****. noone is taking it seriously. frankly, this did more harm than good for simracing. ugh. get something with real graphics, and get the drivers to take it seriously, then we can talk.

Tim Meuris and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. fabT

fabT Alien

Embarassing event

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Watching an Assetto Corsa public server race where half the drivers are blatant wreckers would be more interesting than this pathetic waste of space.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ok guys, but the real race will be in Vegas on January 7 and the winner will bring home 200,000 USD (overall 1 million USD prizes). I think they will drive more carefully then.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/december/the-biggest-sim-race-of-all-time/

Honestly I think it's an interesting idea, maybe they could do a sort of virtual Race Of Champions with a number of sprint events on different cars, maybe even choosing different sims to make it more fair.

My question: is there any alien simracer familiar to AC taking part in the race? They mention Enzo Bonito but I am not sure he is really an AC aficionado. And in general how did they pick the 10 simracing champions?

The thing is that to qualify as simracing "Champion" at the moment I guess the only way is through iRacing, right?
    Assetto Corsa doesn't even have an official leaderboard.. looking at this I wish the next steps for Kunos in 2017 were:
    • Make Minorating official
    • Make the leaderboards (RSR) official for official cars and tracks
    • Make the MP lobby a little bit more organized, adding some official series similar to SimRacingSystem.com with a score and ranking.
    Wishful thinking? I mean, if really this is becoming an e-sport then AC may be left out of it.. @Licensing Master

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Cameltotem likes this.
  6. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Man, I'm usually really good about not making that mistake.

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

There's no reason why this kind of thing couldn't become more popular. FIA just want to get the ball rolling. Anyone could put up a prize and I'm sure with a bit of promotion they'd get plenty of participants and probably even some viewers.

8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

I dont like the virtual or real formula E.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I really don't know why the community *especially looking at you @martcerv*, is so negatively positioned at FormulaE .
    I followed last season, and despite its shortcomings, it was fun to watch. (Heidfeld nearly getting killed by Prost in the first race of season one, should silence all naysayers ;))
    It's in its infancy, and the approach to non fuel powered cars is highly necessary.
    Give it time to mature, and watch it without reservations (wroom wroom is outdated shortly, 90.000.000 barrels of oil per day is way too much.)
    So embrace the "Tesla days". For the unteachable, they will install some PA sound magic for a while :D
    Racing is NOT about earth shaking noise!
    I'm prove for that, I play with headphones on low volume.:D;)
    Peace.:)

10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Well this boy answer for me..for me, shaky and brutal sounds made a big emotional part on the motorsport,IMHO(-;

11. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

priceless vid!

miky likes this.
  12. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

meh. sound is just wasted energy. if you want theatricality go watch fast and furious. plenty of sound there.

donShere and sacredaardvark like this.
  13. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

That first FormulaE race and especially the last few laps was completely insane.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Pff..well i wrote my opinion and you should respect that..your answer is ridicolous..i dont respect your answer because you have vrote like a little boy..i think little boy in the video should write and talk much more good then you..peace.

Jebus likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The problem people seem to have with it - and I also sympathize - is the green appeal it tries to achieve. But then again:

• the races are held on street circuits where tons of additional fuel need to be burnt in order to arrange for the event. They could do it more "efficiently" and economically on existing racetracks.
    • (Exclusively) electric cars are not more green than modern turbo combustion engines. ADAC published a while ago an estimation of the equivalent CO2 output for e-cars. It was in the ballpark of modern Diesel or petrol engines.
    On top, the series isn't even fun IMO. One important emotional factor - loud engines - is missing. It's also not entry-level friendly.
    To me it's a weird marketing gag while at the same time you still need to pay so much more for an e-car than an equivalent combustion car.

Tim Meuris and miky like this.
  16. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

No others words needed... for me its a comparison between a R/C car and a real race car..sound is 90% of the emotions that brings motorsport.

Cameltotem likes this.
  17. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

said the guy who can barely articulate his thoughts in english. I can hear your thick accent through your writing. Ain't nothing wrong with not having perfect english, just don't go ****ting on others when yours is wack.

18. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Well, im italian and i dont know well english, why you dont answer me in italian? So we can compare who write good.. this is another example that you are ineducate and you write inappropriate message..im done with you.

Cameltotem, Blamer and GRFOCO like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

There's no doubt combustion engines are awesome, they're basically thousands of explosions and we all love explosions. But motorsport is about performance, everything else comes secondary. The electric motor is already better than the combustion engine in just about every way. It's just the fuel that's inferior. Once that problem is solved the combustion engine is dead.

LeDude83, Tim Meuris and miky like this.
  20. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I respect your opinion, i also appreciate that you've exposed your opinion politely, unlike others .. I do not care if these electric motors are better, i just hope to never see the "old" internal combustion engines replaced by these new electric, because it would be the day that i completely lose interest in motorsport ..

Dessu, Jebus and Nahkamarakatti like this.