1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #46 - The Ultimate Driving Machine

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I need less work not more! :p

I think the key is getting the lurkers to post times (I am sure more people run laps than post in the thread) rather than promoting in other forums...I am not sure how to go about it though :( I have tried to keep everything as simple as possible for people to get involved, I do realise that numbers are dropping, I think this is related to private lobbies appearing on console rather than people leaving the game (it will be interesting to see what happens later in September though).

We have a broad spectrum of skill levels still, which is super, so it should be possible to pick battles with those of similar skill levels, there is are friendly atmosphere (most of the time) some good chat about improving both the players and the cars performance, some fantastic clips, and a bit of banter...what more can anyone want from a thread ;)

I have been struggling a bit of late on car choice of late and maybe being a little too sensible, Vallelunga club with somethings inappropriate needs to happen and I loved the idea of the Abarth and a big hill, but how many other would enjoy such madness ;) but I do know I can ask the folks here for a clue on where we should go when I am struggling for inspiration :)

Anyway rambling now...Looking forward to getting home and running some laps on Thursday!

2. Whenever I don't see my ghost on the first lap without the delta, I get anxious and mess up the remaining corners. :eek:Does it happen for any of you guys? :D

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 2, more action!

pctm takes the lead, how long till we see a nine? A little action on the bottom step of the podium as well! Plenty of drivers improve and we have 3 new entries that bring the total up to 20 drivers :cool:

Current Standings
    1. 2:10.015 - pctm - PC
    2. 2:10.288 - andy-riches - PC
    3. 2:11.372 - local_man1234 - PS4
    4. 2:11.491 - F1415182235 - X1
    5. 2:11.717 - Pretend racer - PC
    6. 2:11.816 - MCM Henri - X1
    7. 2:11.941 - Tomcul - PC
    8. 2:12.054 - DonZmeuheu - PS4
    9. 2:12.540 - BrainsBush - PC
    10. 2:12.652 - Boabdulrahman - PS4
    11. 2:12.864 - Fbrg90 - PS4
    12. 2:13.495 - Fab85 - PC
    13. 2:14.212 - moodyryder - PS4
    14. 2:14.273 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    15. 2:14.482 - Plastic_Manc - PC
    16. 2:14.909 - sissydriver - PC
    17. 2:15.493 - StyleF1re - PS4
    18. 2:16.349 - Justray2000 - PC
    19. 2:18.911 - Cyberdyne systems - X1
    20. 2:26.664 - flyingcarrot - X1

4. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

2:15.505 X1

78df5021-8353-4a82-9d93-1804931556e0.PNG

Graveltrap, StyleF1re, pctm and 8 others like this.
  5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's tempting to try as I didn't try it yet. Although, it seem quite competitive.

Cyberdyne systems and paul_wev like this.
  6. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

never ;)

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ghost? cant drive with ghost. disabled him long ago. :confused::p

8. Hopefully we could get an update on the console version that gives an option to switch the ghost off. It's sometimes hard to look ahead to the upcoming corners with the ghost. :(

StyleF1re and sissydriver like this.
  9. MCM Henri

MCM Henri Gamer

(Improvement) 2:11.593 - Xbox one
    God damn F1415182235.. I almost had you haha!

image-2.png

Sorry I didn't realise the "lap invalidated" thing came up. Hope you can still read it :)

I love how this car is basically always balanced in a slight oversteer after an apex, makes it so rewarding when you get the corner right.

Graveltrap, StyleF1re, pctm and 6 others like this.
  10. MCM Henri

MCM Henri Gamer

Edit* sorry double post lol

11. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Paulwev73 pc 2:18:717
    [​IMG]

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

Graveltrap, StyleF1re, Fbrg90 and 9 others like this.
  12. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 2:10.782

20170906_153503.jpg

Graveltrap, StyleF1re, Fbrg90 and 9 others like this.
  13. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

@Graveltrap

Private lobbies made a difference for some I have to say, you're right.

I can not play the game for a long time or as often as I would like because of personel agenda, and WHC involves spending a bit of time to enjoy it each weeks. Now with the private lobbies, we have some really nice races going on and it's a blast also ! But a race, with, Q and Race is randomly often about an 1h already.... So choices have to be made
    :(

WHC is awesome, but I would need more personal time to enjoy it fully ;)

With the severs down on Xbox, I gave it a shot yesterday but didn't even took a picture (1:11.9XX)

14. Improvement
    2:11.875 - PS4

IMG_20170906_152207.jpg

Graveltrap, StyleF1re, Fbrg90 and 5 others like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

2:14,114 improvement

2 14 114 46.JPG

huge mistake last corner - tooo nervous with the 1.4s faster so i lost bout half a second. :rolleyes:
    but - strange thing - what the heck was going on in this lap? :eek:
    i thought i was slow and driving not so well, and every corner the green time (sidekick app) gets better and better.... o_O
    doing it better and not knowing why - :confused::confused:

16. Maybe you were smoother which doesn't look fast because there is no action (oversteer) :D
    But, certainly smoother is always faster.

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hi boab,

think you are 100% right.:):):)
    but - WHY i am driving smoother??:confused:
    it happend "by accident":cool:
    - if i can reproduce it i am happy. but i can't...grrr.....:rolleyes::mad:
    think its part of the learning process.:oops:

Cyberdyne systems likes this.
  18. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Really enjoy keeping track of peoples times and watching the different battles in the field. Fun and competition throughout the field and I'm very grateful for the work that goes into this. Always gutted when I dont have time to really get to my limits.

Speaking of which, Thursday and Friday off for my youngest starting school so looking for some improvement!

StyleF1re and Graveltrap like this.
  19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

2:11.296 - PS4

Quick run out tonight, pressures 26,27,27,27 front camber to max...Hopefully find time to go hunting a ten...

Really enjoy driving this car :)

20. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Finally back in the hot lap challenge after a busy August...couldn't make into the 13's tho

2:14.143 - boabmatic - PC
    IMG_9054.JPG

Fbrg90, Graveltrap, StyleF1re and 7 others like this.