1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #46 - The Ultimate Driving Machine

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

2:15.571
    Screenshot 2017-09-08 22.47.06.png

DonZmeuheu and Cyberdyne systems like this.
  2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Welcome to the WHC, unfortunately that screen doesn't have the information that is required to put the time on the leaderboard.

That is the best screen to grab, V8 has also trimmed the screenie to make it legible in the thread, which is great for me!

Cyberdyne systems and Gurkensepp like this.
  3. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2:15:570 - PC
    [​IMG]
    Made up almost a second and that was only on the last 2 corners. Lots of time to be grabbed here. Exit speed out the corners is crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2:14:759 - PC
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nice one, grats.
    Watching your replay it makes me feel like I have a different car under braking. Oh well, I can always blame it on the pedals. :D

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Thanks bud, if I can do it so can you. If there is 1 pedal I am not so comfortable with it is the brake TBH, you wont see a nice smooth trail off the brake from me, I'm cadence braking I guess, basically pulsing the brake a little especially towards the end of the braking zone to not rely on the ABS. I find it difficult to guage what pressure is what percentage of brake input but a little wiggle of the foot near the end of the braking zone seems sufficient.

BTW how do you post a larger image? I always use F12 to take a screenshot, open it in photoshop and delete the bulk of the image then scale the important bit back up to 1920 and export. I then drag and drop the jpg into this thread. Regardless of the res I export in it always seems to be the same size in the thread.

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I figured you are trying not to trigger the ABS when I saw how the car acts under braking. Of course I'm not using 100% brakes throughout the whole braking zone but it's really tricky with dfgt pedals to find the spot where ABS won't step in just yet and at the same time you are not too easy on the brakes so you won't slide off.

Don't use upload a file in the bottom right (drag&drop does the same), AC forum always rescale the image. Use an image hosting service to upload the screen there and post it here.
    Here's how I do it step by step. Using Snipping tool (standard app in W7) to get the part of the screen without the usual screen>edit>save way of doing it. Upload it to imgur, get a link to a screen, add "h" at the end of the link to make it a little bit smaller than original size but still big enough, click the image icon next to the smiles one and paste the link there. That's it.

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

please guys can someone from the pc side post the power graph of the bmw?!?thks
    A little question on braking...sometimes, and i don't know why, when braking too hard at the end of the main straight, the car goes long without any explicable reason...i'm running with series abs and tc.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

With factory ABS if your heavily leaning on the ABS near the turn in point the car will understeer I think. You need to ease off the brake as you approach the corner.

@V8_KB more or less yes, only as I approach turn in though, before that i'm pretty much just burying the brake pedal. It sounds like your having similar issues to me when I try to trail off correctly. Have you tried pulsing the brake a little near turn in?

MCM Henri and Cyberdyne systems like this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nope, just gradually getting off the brakes. Will try it though, thanks for the tip mate.

Cyberdyne systems and Andy-R like this.
  11. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2:13.590 PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2:13.304 PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Improvement
    2:09.919 - V8_KB - PC

[​IMG]

Something I must get used to I guess, seems to be better on turn in.

[​IMG]

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yes, I think so for ABS cars unless you are super accurate with your brake pedal. Glad it helped :)

V8_KB likes this.
  15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 6, A new time zone!

Both Andy and V8 crack the 2:10 barrier, very impressive stuff :) :cool: Lots of action in the 2:14's, its particularly close in the .7's with 3 drivers separated by les than a tenth! Small improvement could see some leapfrogging going on! Also several new entries which brings the total number of drivers to 29!

Input for the next event is welcome, other wise a track with a big hill may be found ;)

Current Standings
    1. 2:09.811 - andy-riches - PC
    2. 2:09.919 - V8_KB - PC
    3. 2:10.015 - pctm - PC
    4. 2:10.782 - local_man1234 - PS4
    5. 2:10.945- Graveltrap - PS4
    6. 2:11.390 - Boabdulrahman - PS4
    7. 2:11.491 - F1415182235 - X1
    8. 2:11.593 - MCM Henri - X1
    9. 2:11.717 - Pretend racer - PC
    10. 2:11.750 - Tomcul - PC
    11. 2:11.761 - MrDeap - PC
    12. 2:11.875 - Magic Turtles Ace - PC
    13. 2:12.054 - DonZmeuheu - PS4
    14. 2:12.540 - BrainsBush - PC
    15. 2:12.864 - Fbrg90 - PS4
    16. 2:13.304 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    17. 2:13.495 - Fab85 - PC
    18. 2:14.114 - sissydriver - PC
    19. 2:14.143 - boabmatic - PC
    20. 2:14.212 - moodyryder - PS4
    21. 2:14.482 - Plastic_Manc - PC
    22. 2:14.363 - Gurkensepp - X1
    23. 2:14.705 - Luciano Micale - PS4
    24. 2:14.740 - Cyberdyne systems - X1
    25. 2:14.759 - Justray2000 - PC
    26. 2:15.493 - StyleF1re - PS4
    27. 2:17.905 - CtrlAltDeLaet - PS4
    28. 2:18.717 - paul_wev - PC
    29. 2:26.664 - flyingcarrot - X1

16. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

very little improvement...struggling a lot...

Attached Files:

17. MCM Henri

MCM Henri Gamer

Probably my last shot at top 5... Its so frustrating because I went way deep first corner, but whenever I try to beat it my relative just slowly catches back up by mid-track.

Anyway.
    Improvement 2:11.328 - Xbox One
    image-4.png

18. Small Improvment, but an important one.
    2:11.284

IMG_20170910_011617.jpg

I really think I can get to the 2:10's, but I can't seem to get my best splits all in one single lap.

19. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

My bad, uploaded the wrong screen.
    I have done another one, see message below.

20. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

I hope I got the screen shot right this time. :)
    20170909174513_2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017