1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #239

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #227

The Challenge: Hotlap Car: Mercedes AMG GT3, Porsche RSR 2017, Tatuus FA1
    Track: Nordschleif endurance

upload_2021-8-14_9-37-45.png

upload_2021-8-14_9-38-26.png

upload_2021-8-14_9-38-5.png

upload_2021-8-14_9-38-44.png

We tried the short and sweet version of simracing for the summer with the last WHC. Now its time to stretch it out so plan for some extended seat time. The deadline will be extended again so this will be a 2 week long WHC. Partly because I’ll be on vacation and partly because its the nords endurance!

RSR WR’s
    Mercedes AMG GT3 8.02.859
    Porsche RSR 2017 8.01.338
    Tatuus FA1 8.23.843

Ideal PSI
    Mercedes AMG GT3 - 26
    Porsche RSR 2017 - 26
    Tatuus FA1 - 25

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the correct car and circuit.

Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Nords Endurance
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday Aug. 29th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Well there's no getting away from it, I love Ginetta's. If I had 40K to drop I would certainly being buying a G40 along with a season's entry into the 2022 Ginetta Junior champs. No such luck though so the virtual world will have to do. The GT4 is also a great car, my pick of the Gt4 bunch in ACC so happy to be bringing you this week's challenge:

Season GT4
    1. Car: Ginette G55 GT4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins (laps + total time)
    3. Time of day: 15:00
    4. Track: Donnington Park
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    7 laps
    11:18.018
    Ps4

Aggressive preset no tweaks.

PS_App_20210815_014325.jpeg

PS_App_20210815_014330.jpeg

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:14.070
    PC
    7 Laps

Best lap 1:36.036

Not a fan of this track at all, especially with the last section altered. Used to the last right left chicane.

Took a lot of setup to make this ****ing car work for me. Pretty annoyed actually. Doesnt help that i had a 18hr work day yesterday and my car blew a brake line. FML

Diff 100, that's the big thing, and rear bar 3.

upload_2021-8-18_14-20-22.png

upload_2021-8-18_14-22-3.png

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    7 laps. 11:17:886
    PC

Standard safe set up with fuel, TC, ABS and tyre pressures tweaked, fastest lap of 1:36:027

I love this track :)

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

The layout has been around since 1985 and is required so the track meets international motorsport regs, otherwise it would have been deemed too short to host anything except national races - hence the original track now being the ‘National’ layout.

Blame the beautiful world of Motorcycle racing for that need to change originally.

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  7. SlowGrayAudi

I didn't know this. I miss the quick right left. Its fun.

Pretend racer likes this.
  8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    7 Laps / 1:15:405
    PC

ACC WHC Header2.PNG
    ACC WHC Header.PNG

9. SlowGrayAudi

Pretend racer and TinPeach like this.
  10. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    porsche rsr
    pc
    [​IMG]

I found a tune that I liked that I had saved from the setup market. Modified it a bit to fit me and the Nords endurance track a little better. I did this run after quite a few restarts, lol. Gotta be careful of both carousel's fyi. I checked RSR after I did this lap and apparently I didn't make the gearing long enough. My topspeed was only 279 whereas everyone else above me on the leaderboards were close to 290. I made too many little mistakes for the top speed deficit to make too much of a difference but if you're going to use my tune be sure to lengthen the gearing.

Attached Files:

11. AC Tatuus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-8-19_19-37-26.png

AC Porsche
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-8-19_19-38-35.png
    Erm, these a warm up times from yesterday, the Porsche lap included a full 360 spin at Adenauer, but no penalty incurred!
    I'm off to have a go in the Merc now.

Happy hols Pr, I hope you have many windy roads and much horsepower!:D

12. Modest improvement
    AC Tatuus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-8-19_21-37-2.png
    I had many attempts in the Merc.
    Switched to the "flat-through-that" Tatuus and I have improved by 4/10ths. Very disappointed!:D

13. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC Tatuus
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

14. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    8:21.521
    PC

Only did two timed laps. First one i spun. Needed to tweak the setup a bit to suit me.

34th in the world. ill take it.

upload_2021-8-20_12-39-56.png

upload_2021-8-20_12-40-51.png

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  15. SlowGrayAudi

That was with the Porsche btw. I forgot to add that.

Pretend racer likes this.
  16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC Porsche
    TinPeach
    XSX
    Totally stock straight out of the box. What a wonderful drove only ruined by the GP track! Assetto Corsa around the Nordschleife is truly wonderful. Anyhow, I believe we still have a week to go so I may actually tinker with the car for the next run.

Attached Files:

17. Improvement
    AC Tatuus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-8-23_12-9-26.png
    Quite a few laps has got my time down by 2 seconds.
    I got a good run here, but it is a massive 21 secs off the record. I am fighting for tenths!

Having watched a good amount of the Le Mans 24hrs this weekend, I wish we had the La Sarthe circuit on AC.

18. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC Tatuus
    TinPeach
    XSX
    Almost went 360 second to last so will be aiming for the 39’s on my next attempt. Using my usual superb tuning skills, 1 click off the front and rear wing is all I managed to complete for this!

Attached Files:

19. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC Tatuus
    TinPeach
    XSX
    Yay, there it is, sub 40!

Attached Files:

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC Porsche
    TinPeach
    XSX
    That felt like a terrible lap, so many mistakes that I just got away with - but in to the 20’s with plenty still left I think!

Attached Files:

21. SlowGrayAudi

improvement

AC - Porsche
    SlowGrayAudi
    8:20.978
    PC

not much over a long lap.

upload_2021-8-24_22-42-57.png