1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What about a new content this friday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pitone1975, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Definitely boring, the oval must have been a terrifying challenge in real life but in a sim it's pretty easy in most cars.

The 1000 Km 1966 version added chicanes before the banking which made it a little more interesting, but still a bit of a chore in my opinion. I would prefer this version for the official track if possible.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

You need the right car for it. 50s F1 would be preferable.

The bankings very bumpy. Monza's build on a swamp so the concrete banking sections started sinking right after they were put in place. I'm interested to see what the Kunos version's like. AC's Monza is far more interesting than any other sim version I've driven, just little details like the variation in camber make it come alive.

3. iVG

iVG Alien

Best. Monza. Ever. Never going back to polygon racing.

cunnu79 likes this.
  4. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I took this last year, from flat It looks like a wall:eek:...so hard to get up there...
    2013-11-17 13.09.32.jpg

Wealthysoup likes this.
  5. iVG

iVG Alien

Interesting how would they laser scan it... I mean... Seriously, the bug would just roll over with 50 kph.....

6. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Interesting to see how modern cars react on that bumpy road...I mean, with hard setups it would probably brake your car a part eheheh

Mogster likes this.
  7. iVG

iVG Alien

How do you climb on that ridge from standstill though. You need to pick up speed first and then roll onto the cambered section.

8. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

This is how the tarmac looks like...veeeery slippery
    2013-11-17 13.10.03.jpg

9. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh well there is space on the inside. Is the whole oval cambered like this or just a section??

10. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

It's a huge 180° turn all like this...obviusly it starts from flat and goes back flat, but is very long, can't see the end of it untill last moment

11. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

This is what it looked like:eek::eek::eek:terrible

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I suppose the challenge for Kunos is to try to get an impression of how the surface was to Phil Hill and Von Tripps in 1961, not how the surface is now. I'm certain it's always been bumpy, but the displacement of the concrete blocks has probably worsened. There's plenty of film of cars on the banking though so I suppose that gives something to start with.

I'm interested to drive the Kunos version. The car needs to fit the track, but with the right one I think it'll be great.

cunnu79 likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Bloody hell, the banking's ridiculously bumpy in that film :confused:

Look at the suspension movement....

Fly Low and cunnu79 like this.
  14. iVG

iVG Alien

That suspension arms on the Lotus 49 almost always move like that even if there are only the slightest bumps.

cunnu79 likes this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yeah, there is always quite a bit of movement but nothing like the bashing in the old video.

16. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Probably on the old Parabolica you had also a lot of compression+ the guy is not really pushing that beauty...but is crazy anyway:D

17. iVG

iVG Alien

You showing me Brundle... ? :D He's going on a road trip there mate... In no way he's on the limit and the track is quite flat. The suspension does move a lot though. It is also exposed so you can easily see the movements whereas in modern cars it's hidden.

18. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

The master in action;)

19. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Little update...actually the footage is probably from the film "grand prix" (if I'm not wrong)...and in that film they used f3 cars that loked like f1 cars...so probably not a good example..sorry...

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yeah, Oulton's bumpy in the Jim Clark vid but there's no where near the wheel banging going on that there is in that Grand Prix 66 movie vid.

Apparently when the 50s Indy races were run on the Monza high speed oval the US teams brought special reinforced tyres because Monza was so much more bumpy than the US ovals.

I think any modern race car from the would really struggle to keep the wheels on the road on Monza's banking.