1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Build 5 Thoughts

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Son, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, the new GT3 cars in rF2 are working very nicely in regard to FFB. I also add some brake-effect to increase the resistance during hard-braking to crank up the racing intensity of an already, very intense drive.:)
    rF2 FFB has more distinct increase in steering resistance (ramp-up) leading up to front grip-loss and this has the added benefit that the bump details also are more intense, add the braking effects and it's probably even better so, I really don't miss the tire-scrub (vibration) much.

I have struggled to feel any under-steer effects in ACC with both of my wheels but, have recently managed to get some fall-off effect (steer-resistance) working. The tire-scrub effect is not useful for judging front grip-loss the way it is applied in ACC (as oppose to AC & RR). I see three primary settings that can reduce the under-steer effect in ACC:
    • Hardware Dampening Setting (ACC needs it enabled (Direct Input Effect)).
    • Dynamic Damping (ACC FFB setting) Test throughout the range, you may be surprised.
    • Reduce Filtering / Smoothing in the hardware-driver settings.
    The right combination of these three factors finally provided some torque-falloff effect with both the AccuForce and OSW-SimuCube systems. The tire-scrub can only be detected far beyond any optimal slip-angle range so I can only feel it in the FFB if I lose control and spin the car. The way it works in AC and RR is far more effective imo but, some dislike the effect so it needs to be optional or - even better, variable in intensity.

ChivasRx and mESCx like this.
  2. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Gamer

High-five mate :D

Let's see the bright side: we did not buy the GTX 1070 Ti at a much higher price compared to the RTX 2060's launch price. :)

boabmatic likes this.
  3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Driverswaps are a basic part of Blaincpain GT and GT3-racing at all. Since this is THE offical Blancpain GT Sim, I expact this basic feature as soon as possible. Nothing funny about that!

4. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

The fact that driverswaps aren’t in the sim YET is not an issue or a bug or anything that needs to be looked into at this point, because we all know, with certainty, for the exact reason you mentioned, that they will DEFINITELY be in when the game releases. It’s been announced already unless I’m mistaken. So I’m not disagreeing, but I think basic stuff is more pressing in this alpha phase of development, like starting a race on the grid not pit lane, and finishing one when you cross the line, which is not possible,online now. Or for me, improved ffb and curb behavior. But that’s me. You have other priorities which is fine. If Kunos is reading this the forum, they’ll see all of our feedback which is what this early access is all about. Right?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    LATE4APEX likes this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Why is everyone talking about alpha? What's it gonna be when it releases in two months? A beta?
    Additionally the intro clearly says "welcome to the beta" or something alike.

Ace Pumpkin, Nahkamarakatti and mESCx like this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Just another random guy who doesn't know (or accept) how Early Access works. You can't expect/demand things to be there "as soon as possible".

LATE4APEX, jaxx_za and mikendrix like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Everybody except for you has realized by now that how much you feel of the front end in FFB is exclusively down to steering and suspension design IRL. This is reflected in ACC, so the FFB is good. If you like to have an enhanced understeer option that's perfectly fine - many do. Claiming that FFB is not "good" because there's no such option is plain wrong. The comparison to rF2 is totally irellevant to this discussion.

Curb behaviour is something a small but very loud group keeps going on about and that a majority doesn't seem to suffer from. You're trying to present it as "the" issue in ACC which it clearly isn't. Not saying it's not there but I have experienced a curb issue exactly once in the very ealry stage.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think comparison to other titles is certainly relevant because no title is perfect and there are always things that can be learned from others. Denying that is to deny players a better experience or to suggest we should just settle for "good enough". rF2 has livelier FFB than does ACC and I find that makes the driving more engaging. Some comparison from RL GT3 race-driver input would be interesting to have but, they generally avoid them too. Of course, if your Sim world is very small, things are much simpler. If we were to do back to back comparisons on FFB between these two titles, I'd say rF2 does a better job when both titles have minimal FFB-parameters to adjust; I get much more "edge of my seat" satisfaction as a result of the FFB.

If we compare ACC to AC FFB, I'd say ACC has the better foundation (Fundamentals) but, AC offers superior customization that allows versatility in user-choice so, neither title has the perfect combination imo.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

The only thing I would accept is a comparison to the feeling of a real car, not to a game with synthetic effects.

stephen_b, anthonylroy and jaxx_za like this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's an alpha because it's not yet released and not yet feature-complete...

It would be beta if it were feature-complete and just needed to be tested and polished for release.

Most if not all Early Access phases are effectively games in alpha state until release, and sometimes after if development doesn't go as planned.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Except, that we don't have a very big feed back that exists IRL, "G" forces, so if FFB in a sim can be tweaked in an attempt to compensate, so be it.

Besides, EVERYTHING about FFB in a sim, is synthetic.

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You turn in the corner with maximum G-Force and then get understeer, what is your G-Force then?

By the way, you discuss about wording, when talking synthetic.
    What I'm talking about is for example the unneccesary enhanced understeer effect.

13. ...still there o_O

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No essential difference, so nothing to be compensated for FFB in the wheel.

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

FFB G force is still there, but less, and thus, feedback information.

If some ones system doesn't present understeer to their satisfaction, or they are simply not aware they are understeering, enhanced understeer effect is available for them.

I my self, with a lowly G27 have no problems being aware I'm understeering, WITHOUT any enhancement.

16. Last night downloaded the Zolder track from RD and the V8Corsa mod (https://v8scorsa.weebly.com/) to get an idea of the track, and to have a bit of fun. Underestimated exactly how much fun. There's some really tricky sections you're constantly on throttle oversteer, I can see getting good times is going to be super hard with lots of those slow speed chicanes.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Kunos threw in a few racing taxi's (Aussie V8 supercars) with the build 0.5 :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've heard all the arguments to support "real only" effects in FFB; as if "real men" use only visual cues for under-steer / or visual and audio only / or no FFB at all / or physics generated only, etc. :rolleyes:
    One may also say "Real Men" can afford the real car and don't need games to pretend they know how to drive fast or have superior skills. Wait - whato_O, most of my friends certainly feel that way! :D

The "Real Only" argument is complete BS because even if a title has every possible enhancement for FFB, you can still choose not to use them. I've yet to read one compelling argument (in many years) from a players perspective, for not including under-steer cues. Someone please enlighten me as to how it is detrimental to the underlying physics.

Can we just face the "real" reality here? Simulation is simply not real, it just imitates reality. Even IF such effects don't occur in GT3 Race-car's, real life imposes all sorts of limitations on us already, so what's wrong with wanting to have some extra bits to enhance the experience without those same limitations? Should the developers also price the cost of "Simulated Racing Cars" in "realistic" numbers too?

Let's consider that for a moment: "ACC costs 22.5 million Euro's". "What? Don't have it?" "Have a nice day."
    How do you like reality now?:p:D

Typer, TDS, Echo_29 and 2 others like this.
  18. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I used enhanced understeer in AC and I don't like it, does not feel real , so if ACC had this option i would not use it, but it would not hurt the game if it existed

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nobody has really atacked you for wanting those additional effects. It's just that these effects are not realistic no matter how much you juggle with words to make it seem so. Realistic is when the FFB wheel does what the RL car's wheel would do.

Myself at least, I never said anything about "real men only want real FFB". I haven't seen a post in this thread that contains stuff like this, either. You should quote the posts you refer to or otherwise just get your act together and don't write novels like that.

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'll write how I want - thank you. If Kunos has a problem with it, I'm sure they'll let me know and I'll obey their wishes.

Just because you have not experienced such effects in RL, doesn't mean others haven't. Such discussions shouldn't even be needed imo.