1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally 2.0?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. TDI Driving

TDI Driving Rookie

Hello everyone,
    I ride dirt 2 with an accuforce v2 and it feels great and awesome with the ffb. I think that those stronger wheels have a big advantage in dirt. Also the ffb in acc is awesome and nails it.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  2. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

AccuForce allows you to use Steering Force Feedback Foundation and creates it's own FFB from the telemetry of the game. Much much better then the codemasters FFB and highly configurable.

TDI Driving likes this.
  3. With DD power that "smoothness" might turn into "rigidity" in a way.

Also FOV play some role how you "feel" the car. I'm driving it from 40" TV approx. 1,5m away and because the display is so far away I was using lowest FOV and a bumper cam. Impossible to drive from the cockpit view if the display is that far.

Edit: Gotta say I haven't driven on tarmac at all so everything what I say about the FFB is gravel only. I suspect the tarmac is still so bad that if the base physics aren't right it's impossible to make it feel good through the wheel.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

First drip of DLC shown:

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Surface details just do not exist, OSW or not, AF users could be at advantage as they can use telemetry based FFB.
    Wasn't floored by graphics either (everything on Ultra except Crowd). Is it really better than D4, not really in my book. Plus if you compare to something like FH4, it's just old tech, almost laughable. Cockpit view in particular.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty much benchmark in graphics (and optimization) for me. But among "sims" Dirt Rally 2.0 looks imo very good, kind of similar as Dirt 4. I can't run it quite maxed on triples though. (Neither could Dirt 4) The cockpits aren't AC level but they aren't bad either imo, big improvement over Dirt Rally.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Night and rain in SOL look better too. :D
    They also went overboard with HDR effect, too much dimming.
    And why so many stages in career are night and rain. Like 90%, hard to gauge environment quality in such condition, plus headlights lighting effect is not up to Ilya's shaders standards, looks fake.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Looks pretty good, besides the saturation* and lighting being somewhat overdone imo, but more importantly Unlike most other racinggames the tracks don't feel dead.
    No matter if its ACC or most others: High Definition ghosttowns with enourmos ressource hunger.
    While in DR2 there are still no people in your team, just puppets.
    But the crowds are nice, also now you see the car behind and infront of you, sometimes there are tracks wrecked on the side of the road and other stuff.

I would overlook the online requirement, but they either need to allow a locked to horizon cam mod or build it in. I believe that feature actually exist in DR1, but is exlclusive for VR.
    Also if the tarmac isn't enjoyable, it breaks 3o-40% of the game. I started to enjoy the DR1 tarmac stages with some cars, but maybe its even worse now.
    Besides best to wait how successful they are with updating the FFB. DD is a "bit" expensive for a fix.

*In racinggames the saturation is often criticized, but thinking about it reality is as or even more "saturated". Its a weird effect in games, probably for various reasons, like missing shadows in details like plants, grass etc..

9. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

10. TTM

TTM Alien

I don’t understand why Codemasters decided to do ffb this way for Dirt Rally 2.0? They got feedback from Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, but they still act like we live on Colin McRae Rally times.

Wake up developers, we have technology and equipment to make great racing and rally games for PC and consoles. Games can’t be 1:1 with real life, but close enough.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  11. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

wait what

they're saying the absolute :eek: of FFB in the release version wasn't just someone accidentally put early alpha dev code in the release, but deliberate?

AHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Sorry to go off subject here, but does anybody know were I can get GOOD instructions for setting up my G27 on Dirt Rally, I have had no luck so far finding anything useful.

Just a lot of generalities, that don't really pertain to FFB.

Thanks, LATE4APEX

13. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I think you mixup with old S2000 cars. R5's can get very close to 200km/h. I've seen ~195km/h from WRC+ onboards.

14. I have pretty solid sources for it. :)

That kind of top speed figures might be possible if the longer ratio is used and with bigger slick tyres. Longer ratio isn't used very often because the engine isn't too powerful and your gear ratios doesn't match perfectly with engine anymore. That said, the gear ratios might be also locked IRL but that's unconfirmed..

What is seriously inaccurate ingame is the fact that final ratio is very widely adjustable instead of just two options and you can go 200km/h on gravel even when not using the longest ratio possible.

Edit: On the rally where I know a privateer Fabia using longer final ratio, factory Skoda driven by Kopecky seems to be topping at 181km/h. Take that with a pinch of salt though because those speed numbers are not working properly in WRC+ onboards but in that case it looked like it was working Ok. Only a bit out of sync. I can give you the rally, stage and exact position if you want to see it yourself.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  15. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I made some quick rechecks from WRC+. 2018 Rally Sweden Solbergs private Fabia 202km/h. Veiby with factory Fabia 193km/h. This year Rovanperä was only R5 with onboard camera. Same 193km/h as Veiby year before. Monte 2019 Rovanperä 194km/h, Greensmith M-sport Fiesta 182km/h, Veiby VW polo 195km/h.

From other sources I know Peugeot 208 R5 has gear ratio option for 202km/h, but most use ratio with 175km/h top speed.

Sorry for OT. I don't have Dirt2.0. After 1.0 don't care how crap it is this time.

16. "2018 Rally Sweden Solbergs private Fabia 202km/h"

You mean Solbergs private Fiesta WRC doing 202km/h?
    [​IMG]

17. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Sorry it had Fabia R5 in the graphics and I selected view where car was not visible and was mainly focused for speedo. :D
    Enough OT.

18. No problem. I was actually watching the same but then he changed into 6th gear and got an a-ha moment. :)

Otherwise your finding are on the same ballpark to the point, rumours say Polo's engine has the most grunt so I'm not surprised to see that closest to 200km/h mark.

I don't see this as an off-topic though because it very much shows how 'accurately' Codies are simulating cars and how much data they seem to have.. This kind of stuff is not too hard to get data because there are so much privateer cars everywhere around the globe. Just for the reminder they said during DR1 EA that Group B cars have the handbrake ingame because it's more fun this way.

I have also some suspicions R5 cars ingame has way too much power atleast on the higher revs because the speedo climbs so rapidly.

All that said, if you still don't have the game I still recommend you to buy it. It's so much fun even with all the simcadey stuff. :)

19. plaid

plaid Alien

Racedepartment or the games' (Steam) Forum should usually provide that.
    You mean The First Dr?
    There is the impact 7 Mod plus instructions on steam.
    For dr2 maybe try the mentioned Threads in Steam or codies from grump(??).

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

A bit OT.... but pretty impressive footage of the new Richard Burns Rally NGP 6 mod:

The stage detail on that one is surprisingly good.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Raklödder, Andrew_WOT and jaxx_za like this.